REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Tokyo, Japan @ Zepp, 8-JUN-2010 (second date)

Blue Sky

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your fantastic and detailed reports, Butterflygal, Sara and Mana!! :wub2: Everything sounds amazing, I can't even imagine what it's to be in audience like that!

He has done some big changes compared to the European and Arena tour? I was really surprised to see he starts with the WAG intro before Relax :blink: My brains cannot handle it... So it's interesting to hear comments from people who hadn't heard WAG live with that intro before seeing these Tokyo shows.

The band playing "instruments" before SITM is new! I hope they will do it in Europe too. And the band is better and better every time :wub2: And can't wait to see the new garden outfit and stage setting :mf_lustslow:

Awww, he is really the best pop star in the world... I miss his voice SO much :aah: I'm totally fangurling after reading your reports, thanks for sharing :wub2:

Ok, read the reports, they make us feel we were there...

But we weren't! lol

So now we need gossip, details, funny things that happened...

things like toilet seats with flushing buttons, things like that...:lmfao:

Mana???

Sara???

Christine???

Anyone???

I know that I've said this before, but I really think that we couldn't have picked a nicer popstar to follow. He's definitely one of a kind, and I'm really "proud" of him and how far he's come since the start. That, and the fact that despite everything, he's remained so genuine and just so nice. I have very deep respect and admiration for him, it has to be said, and I know that this is a stupid thing to say here in the report, and that it's totally out of the blue and unrelated to the report[/color]

But totally true :wub2:

thanx for the reports! :wub2:

so, that asian crowd sounds like the crowds at the boyband concerts i've been to when i was a teenager. :naughty: that effect you describe is indeed interesting, i've been thinking that for a while, that pushy crowds may be uncomfortable, but the energy is a lot higher. though i think not the pushing is the reason for the higher energy, but vice versa... people just let go of all of their manners, because they're so super-excited - but that's exactly what extremely heats up the atmosphere at a concert.

All in all, it was a super amazing day. I can't believe that it's only Tuesday,and that we still have 4 days to go. I'm loving Tokyo as well, so tomorrow we get to do some more sightseeing and then off to Nagoya for the gig in Thu, and Osaka on Friday.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I were you I would take it easy on the trampoline to save my strength for all this coming gigs!:roftl:

Thank you for your detailed and colourful report and have fun on the rest of the tour, Sara the mighty!!:wub2:

I'm not sure if videos have surfaced yet, but he's now opening the show with the WAG intro that starts with "running, running around, sick of acting the clown..." Then he gets to "bleed me dry" - and then launches into Relax. I would be very curious to hear what someone who has never been to a Mika show before thinks of that, because quite honestly I don't think it's very strong. That being said, I wonder if that's my own conditioning - I've done so many gigs where that WAG intro leads into, well, WAG, and having it segue into Relax instead just makes my brain hiccup. That and I don't think it flows well to go from that "bleed my dry" lyric and then into that keyboard solo that opens Relax. :dunno:

I knew it... he did this in the beginning of the tour too and as I wasn't quite sure I got it right (I'm never sure if can hear the right thing in English:blush-anim-cl:) and asked the people around me but no one else seemed to be sure of what he had said....so thank you Mana!:wub2:

I love it!

And I love how you always put so much emotions in to your reports, it's a pleasure to read them!:thumb_yello::wub2:

Thanks for the extremely detailed reports. Sounds amazing. The Japanese crowds sound totally crazy :shocked:

What have I been telling you all for years :lmao:

Now FINALLY people will believe how I suffer to get vids and pics for you:wink2:

Ok, read the reports, they make us feel we were there...

But we weren't! lol

Mana???

Sara???

Christine???

Anyone???

Excuse me....didn't you FORGET SOMEONE?????

Anyway I am having a ball here, amazing Mika gigs (2 down 3 to go!) with amazing friends and just all over :fangurl:

The show was amazing, Mika was on fire, the band was rocking, and we were almost crushed to death. :wub2:

I took heaps of videos and photos, finally worked out the new camera.

Try here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/blueskymika

Some pics:

th_P1000028.jpg

th_P1000032.jpg

th_P1000035.jpg

What have I been telling you all for years :lmao:

Now FINALLY people will believe how I suffer to get vids and pics for you:wink2:

Excuse me....didn't you FORGET SOMEONE?????

Of course i didnt forget YOU!:teehee::wink2:

You are a native, i know you'd show up no matter what...

I was talking to the aliens...:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

Tnx for those maginficent pics BS, gonna watch those vids now...:thumb_yello:

Aww thanks for pics and reports sounds fab:thumb_yello:

Sara what he say about the Tofu dolls???

Where's Christine's report? is she still alive...or overdosed on MIKAness? :roftl:

Ha, I definitely need a long recovery period after these gigs. I've already lost 1 kilo from the workouts. :shocked:

He said there were only 300 of the 6" dolls and only available in Hong Kong. I think it was Sara who joked that we wanted a life sized one and he said there is one actually and it's 2 metres high.

We bought the CDs last night that have the 2" doll but I want the 6" as it is a different colour as well as being larger. :sneaky2:

Mana???

Sara???

Christine???

Anyone???

There was a toilet on the way to the venue. Squat toilets on one side for the women and urinals on the other side for the men and a handicap toilet with a proper toilet in the centre. We were waiting outside the handicap door and some guy started using the urinal so I decided to get out of there and stand away from the building.

A few minutes later Sara came out and said "I've just seen this guy's willy!" :roftl:

I found the little instrument that Mika was playing in the beginning and end of "Toy Boy."

Otamatone

http://www.maywadenki.com/otamatone/

Oh cool :biggrin2:

:wub2: BS ... what does it say after "OMFG ?" i can't read mika's hand writing :teehee:

It says "OMFG you are amazing!!"

Sorry I don't have much of a report. I think the girls have covered everything anyway.

I just wanted to say what a nice experience it's been in Japan. I wish I could speak the language a little bit to be a bit more independent and be more comfortable trying to communicate with people. But everyone has been so lovely.

It's been so nice spending time with Tomomi, Miina and Vinorosso. They have been amazingly helpful and such lovely girls. :wub2:

We've also had so many people like Butterflygal introduce themselves at the gigs. It's really been great seeing how fans in other parts of the world feel about Mika and the energy in Tokyo has been incredible.

Mika and his entire crew have been awesome as usual. :wub2: I've never asked Mika for an autograph before but the programmes are so beautiful and I thought this was something worth bugging him for.

4683860269_e063a8dedd_b.jpg

Lovely autograph, but I totally can't read it...

(Does it really say troll busting? :naughty: )

And where can one buy even a 2" doll? I think I might need to have one.

Edited by DaMango

Lovely autograph, but I totally can't read it...

(Does it really say troll busting? :naughty: )

And where can one buy even a 2" doll? I think I might need to have one.

It says "To Christine, thank you for everything. With love, Mika x"

:naughty:

I wish it said "trollbusting"

Dang! I really cannot decipher that boy's handwriting anymore! I think it's a sign that I'm not a very good fan. :naughty:

That is a very touching message, Christine. I'm glad that you got such a nice autograph. :thumb_yello:

He said there were only 300 of the 6" dolls and only available in Hong Kong. I think it was Sara who joked that we wanted a life sized one and he said there is one actually and it's 2 metres high.

Yes, that was me. And, like an idiot, when he said it, I didn't even realise that he was talking about himself, I thought that he was talking about a REAL doll, haha :doh:

I just wanted to say what a nice experience it's been in Japan. I wish I could speak the language a little bit to be a bit more independent and be more comfortable trying to communicate with people. But everyone has been so lovely.

It's been so nice spending time with Tomomi, Miina and Vinorosso. They have been amazingly helpful and such lovely girls. :wub2:

We've also had so many people like Butterflygal introduce themselves at the gigs. It's really been great seeing how fans in other parts of the world feel about Mika and the energy in Tokyo has been incredible.

Mika and his entire crew have been awesome as usual. :wub2:

I totally echo what Christine said here. It's being an incredible experience, and people are SO nice. The Japanese MFC'ers are very sweet girls, and I'm very happy that we're getting to spend some time with them. They have been nicer than anyone could imagine, taking care of us.

Oooh, I remembered a funny anecdote now. During the first show, Mana had a Japanese girl next to her who turned out to be an MFC'er, so they were chatting a bit, and later on we spoke to her too, and at the end of the show we took a picture with her.

So suddenly these other Japanese girls come over, all smiley and excited, and ask ME for a picture. They seemed very strangely happy, but I put it down to the after show high...The one girl asks me if we can take a pic together, so we did.

I figured that she must have been an MFC'er as well, so I started asking her if she was on MFC, and she seemed to say yes...I carried on making small talk, asking her username, and she just looks at me all excited, and randomly blurts out: "I Love Mika!!"

I guess that, at this stage, I should have had alarm bells ringing, but I thought that it could be a username (after all, we have plenty of I heart Mika style usernames here :roftl:) so I STILL didn't think that anything was weird. She didn't seem to speak a lot of English, so to me the exchange was still under the realm of "normality", even though I got the feeling that we weren't really communicating that well, so I carried on chatting (or trying to :naughty:).

Anyway, then she lunges in and hugs me, and starts saying something about me being his sister :lmfao: so this was what it was all about, she thought that I was Mika's sister, haahhaha and this was why she came over to ask for a picture :roftl:.

It was the most hilarious thing ever, I swear. Christine was with me when it happened and her and I kept looking at eachother in disbelief and just laughing, we could NOT believe our eyes, hahaha.