REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika in Tokyo, Japan @ Zepp, 8-JUN-2010 (second date)

Blue Sky

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mikazepptokyo0608201001.jpg

mikazepptokyo0608201002.jpg

mikazepptokyo0608201002m.jpg

mikazepptokyo0608201003.jpg

mikazepptokyo0608201004.jpg

Sara, Mana, Christine and all MFCer, thanks for lovely reports!

Last night was the best MIKA's concert I have ever seen in Japan.

BUT we have two more gigs!!! can't wait:mf_lustslow:

I took only second encore.

Thanks everyone for your reports. They've been really exciting and heartwarming to read!!!

and Iona thank you so much for the videos:flowers2: having read about all the pushing and the crazy atmosphere i realize how hard it must have been to take vids.

Yes, that was me. And, like an idiot, when he said it, I didn't even realise that he was talking about himself, I thought that he was talking about a REAL doll, haha :doh:

I totally echo what Christine said here. It's being an incredible experience, and people are SO nice. The Japanese MFC'ers are very sweet girls, and I'm very happy that we're getting to spend some time with them. They have been nicer than anyone could imagine, taking care of us.

Oooh, I remembered a funny anecdote now. During the first show, Mana had a Japanese girl next to her who turned out to be an MFC'er, so they were chatting a bit, and later on we spoke to her too, and at the end of the show we took a picture with her.

So suddenly these other Japanese girls come over, all smiley and excited, and ask ME for a picture. They seemed very strangely happy, but I put it down to the after show high...The one girl asks me if we can take a pic together, so we did.

I figured that she must have been an MFC'er as well, so I started asking her if she was on MFC, and she seemed to say yes...I carried on making small talk, asking her username, and she just looks at me all excited, and randomly blurts out: "I Love Mika!!"

I guess that, at this stage, I should have had alarm bells ringing, but I thought that it could be a username (after all, we have plenty of I heart Mika style usernames here :roftl:) so I STILL didn't think that anything was weird. She didn't seem to speak a lot of English, so to me the exchange was still under the realm of "normality", even though I got the feeling that we weren't really communicating that well, so I carried on chatting (or trying to :naughty:).

Anyway, then she lunges in and hugs me, and starts saying something about me being his sister :lmfao: so this was what it was all about, she thought that I was Mika's sister, haahhaha and this was why she came over to ask for a picture :roftl:.

It was the most hilarious thing ever, I swear. Christine was with me when it happened and her and I kept looking at eachother in disbelief and just laughing, we could NOT believe our eyes, hahaha.

:roftl::roftl:

wow it sounds fantastic- such detailed reports Butterflygal Mana and Sariflor- and lovely pics and vid. Wish I'd been there! I can't believe that's yet anothger set I won't ever see. Did anyone ask if there's a dvd coming any time soon? I'm desperate here! (though the MFCers vids are great, they just whet my appetite)

wow it sounds fantastic- such detailed reports Butterflygal Mana and Sariflor- and lovely pics and vid. Wish I'd been there! I can't believe that's yet anothger set I won't ever see. Did anyone ask if there's a dvd coming any time soon? I'm desperate here! (though the MFCers vids are great, they just whet my appetite)

Just to jump in , no plans for a DVD

Lovely report, Naoko :wub2:. It was great seeing you before the show again.

I agree, tonight was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ! The energy was just mental. One thing I will say is that, until these Japanese gigs, I had never been in such a crazy gig audience. Not only were people going totally mad, but also the way they just squash against eachother is just nuts :lmfao: ,everyone just ends up majorly crushed. It's madness. Totally.

Anyway, Mika was in an incredible mood-He was having a lot of fun, and it's one of the gigs at which I've seen him more animated and just generally happy and relaxed. The whole band were also having a lot of fun, and the atmosphere was electrical. It felt like the crowd and the performers were feeding off eachother's vibe, and the energy just went back and forth from stage to room and room to stage, bouncing and accumulating, and going up a notch each time. Mad, mad, mad.

He had a few random little moments, like when he started playing that instrument before ToyBoy, where and he got totally confused. He asked: "what was I doing now?" And we shouted: "singing Toyboy!!" and he said:" I have forgotten the first lyrics" so Iona shouted out the first line: "I'm a wiiind up toy!" so he looked at her and said: "I can't believe you flew all the way from Australia!" which was pretty cool :wub2:.

Anyway, the whole gig had these little humorous moments, and it was a LOT of fun. You could tell how much fun he was having (and all the rest of the band too) by the way they were being so spontaneous. Oh and of course he came back for the Encore, which is always a bit of a giveaway. He did Relax again and the whole place was BOUNCING.

I love the little choreographed dance that the band do for KickAss, it's fabulous. Martin has been particularly animated these two gigs, and he's been very funny, doing all sorts of weird moves and dances. Cute.

Andy was taking care of the animations for these shows,from the control/mixing desk, and he told us yesterday how exciting it all was, so today after the gig we had a lovely chat with him again, and he was asking us how we had found the gig, etc... I think that he was amazed by the whole madness and crazed vibe of the crowd and the whole thing :roftl:.

He said that when Mika did the second Relax, he thought "Sara will be very happy now". How cute is that? I seriously love Andy, he's such a gentle, sweet guy :wub2:.

Anyway, after the gig, Mika came out for longer than yesterday, and despite the fact that they said that he was saving his voice, he ended up chatting quite a bit to people :naughty:.

He said a couple of things about the Tofu doll, and he just generally seemed in great spirits. I know that I've said this before, but I really think that we couldn't have picked a nicer popstar to follow. He's definitely one of a kind, and I'm really "proud" of him and how far he's come since the start. That, and the fact that despite everything, he's remained so genuine and just so nice. I have very deep respect and admiration for him, it has to be said, and I know that this is a stupid thing to say here in the report, and that it's totally out of the blue and unrelated to the report, so I will leave it now :lmfao:

All in all, it was a super amazing day. I can't believe that it's only Tuesday,and that we still have 4 days to go. I'm loving Tokyo as well, so tomorrow we get to do some more sightseeing and then off to Nagoya for the gig in Thu, and Osaka on Friday.

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awww Sara!! Really glad you had an amazing time. Funny how he mentioned Blue Sky...doesn't she actually LIVE in Japan though, and not Australia? :roftl: And how come he never said "I can't believe you guys flew all the way from England/Canada!!" ?? :roftl::roftl:

Awww Sara!! Really glad you had an amazing time. Funny how he mentioned Blue Sky...doesn't she actually LIVE in Japan though, and not Australia? :roftl: And how come he never said "I can't believe you guys flew all the way from England/Canada!!" ?? :roftl::roftl:

:roftl:Two reasons for that:

1-Mika doesn't seem to really know very well where anywhere is :naughty:

2-He sort of expects us to turn up at these far away places, so it doesn't seem to phase him anymore. We're a bit like fixed furniture at this stage :lmfao:

Oh, and re BS, she is now living in Australia for a couple of years, so she came back to Japan for the gigs.

:roftl:Two reasons for that:

1-Mika doesn't seem to really know very well where anywhere is :naughty:

2-He sort of expects us to turn up at these far away places, so it doesn't seem to phase him anymore. We're a bit like fixed furniture at this stage :lmfao:

Oh, and re BS, she is now living in Australia for a couple of years, so she came back to Japan for the gigs.

BS doesn't live in Japan anymore?!?! Oh noes!

Hah! He expects you to be there? Loves it :naughty:

Yes, that was me. And, like an idiot, when he said it, I didn't even realise that he was talking about himself, I thought that he was talking about a REAL doll, haha :doh:

hmm, are you sure he meant himself? because iirc, there indeed is a lifesize doll for some promo thing, think i read that on the to-fu doll thread... :dunno:

mikazepptokyo0608201004.jpg

finally a close-up picture of the garden outfits! :wub2:

I didn't take many vids myself this time, as I was standing next to Mana and BS who were videoing a lot, but here are my few:

Mika - chat @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Touches You @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Rain @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - band intro @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Happy Ending @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - We Are Golden @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Blame It On The Girls @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

Mika - Over My Shoulder @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

Mika - Over My Shoulder start @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

I didn't take many vids myself this time, as I was standing next to Mana and BS who were videoing a lot, but here are my few:

Mika - chat @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Touches You @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Rain @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - band intro @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Happy Ending @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - We Are Golden @ Zepp in Tokyo 07 June 10

Mika - Blame It On The Girls @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

Mika - Over My Shoulder @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

Mika - Over My Shoulder start @ Zepp in Tokyo 08 June 10

Muchissimas gracias!:thumb_yello:

*Going to watch these now*

Anyway, after the gig, Mika came out for longer than yesterday, and despite the fact that they said that he was saving his voice, he ended up chatting quite a bit to people :naughty:.

He said a couple of things about the Tofu doll, and he just generally seemed in great spirits. I know that I've said this before, but I really think that we couldn't have picked a nicer popstar to follow. He's definitely one of a kind, and I'm really "proud" of him and how far he's come since the start. That, and the fact that despite everything, he's remained so genuine and just so nice. I have very deep respect and admiration for him, it has to be said, and I know that this is a stupid thing to say here in the report, and that it's totally out of the blue and unrelated to the report, so I will leave it now :lmfao:

Ab-so-lute-ly!

Glad you're having fun over there :)