Song to introduce Mika to make him loved by ignorant people

In Hungary... the best you can do is to try Happy Ending.

Anyway, I think 82 rues des martyrs is also a nice song for this mission:D Yesterday I sent the song to one of my foreigner friends and he's now obsessed with Karen :thumb_yello:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that. When I heard that song I thought that it would appeal to people who think that Mika is all about the fluffy-stuff, lollipops and such. Because I think BIOTW is romantic, maybe a bit chlched, but still a great song to introduce people to Mika.

Can I say, as well, I was hooked on Elle Me Dit before, and now I'm hooked on She Tells Me! This too could be a great song to introduce people to the genius that is our MIKA! I love the mixture of English and French in the new version!:thumb_yello:

Yes, I thought BIOTW would appeal to romantic souls especially, but it's also not that very Mikaish so as to drive any new listeners away... I'd like to think PUOTF is on the same wavelength 'cause I'm really really hooked on that song lately :wub2:

About Elle Me Dit/She Tells Me... I haven't gotten used to the English version yet (I still watch the video with French lyrics playing in my mind), but I guess I will soon. I can say though that EMD is not a song to be played to those who don't know or don't plan on learning French (true story); It's harder to like something when you don't understand what you hear, even though I totally visualize all those people starting to dance or hum along if they hear it by chance due to its incredible catchiness :groovy:

Edited by petra_ale

Yes, I thought BIOTW would appeal to romantic souls especially, but it's also not that very Mikaish so as to drive any new listeners away... I'd like to think PUOTF is on the same wavelength 'cause I'm really really hooked on that song lately :wub2:

About Elle Me Dit/She Tells Me... I haven't gotten used to the English version yet (I still watch the video with French lyrics playing in my mind), but I guess I will soon. I can say though that EMD is not a song to be played to those who don't know or don't plan on learning French (true story); It's harder to like something when you don't understand what you hear, even though I totally visualize all those people starting to dance or hum along if they hear it by chance due to its incredible catchiness :groovy:

But the English/French version could hook them in. I agree, not the French version, at least not at first. Once the English/French version has them hooked, they could listen to the French version.

I also agree about Karen. It's gorgeous! It's one to play them once they are hooked.

• 1 month later...

Not sure about the song I will choose but I can tell which one I will not choose for sure: EMD

Last summer, I spent long time to explain to my sister-in-law how much Mika is a talented and all-around artist. Songwriter, singer, with a great ability to play piano, a huge sense of melody, an amazing voice and so on..

She was almost convinced and then.... we turned on the radio and heard EMD! :boxed:

I thought, next time instead of a long speech, I gonna invite her to his gig :mf_rosetinted:

Not sure about the song I will choose but I can tell which one I will not choose for sure: EMD

Last summer, I spent long time to explain to my sister-in-law how much Mika is a talented and all-around artist. Songwriter, singer, with a great ability to play piano, a huge sense of melody, an amazing voice and so on..

She was almost convinced and then.... we turned on the radio and heard EMD! :boxed:

I thought, next time instead of a long speech, I gonna invite her to his gig :mf_rosetinted:

But it depends on the people! Young people will like EMD, i think. It steals one's mind.

btw, My husband didn't like it at first (he prefers Pink Floyd :naughty:), but then he complained that it was the 3 day that he can't get rid of EMD in his head :thumb_yello:

But it depends on the people! Young people will like EMD, i think. It steals one's mind.

btw, My husband didn't like it at first (he prefers Pink Floyd :naughty:), but then he complained that it was the 3 day that he can't get rid of EMD in his head :thumb_yello:

yes,this song is very "catchy"-when you hear it once, then melody stuck in your head all the time:naughty: I love this song very much but IMHO I think this song doesn't show how beautiful is Mika voice.If it were his first song that I heard I wouldn't search who is a singer who sings it.I could think this is another song like other contemporary,that he's another singer who can't sing and must have modified voice.

yes,this song is very "catchy"-when you hear it once, then melody stuck in your head all the time:naughty: I love this song very much but IMHO I think this song doesn't show how beautiful is Mika voice.If it were his first song that I heard I wouldn't search who is a singer who sings it.I could think this is another song like other contemporary,that he's another singer who can't sing and must have modified voice.

It's what my husband said, and it was the reason why ha didn't like this song at the first listening. And yes, for me it seemed too ordinary as well.

But now I'm obsessed with it :groovy:

So, I think now, it is really depends on people. EMD was the last chance for my daughter in her school - girls in her class don't like Mika at all, they can't understand beauty of his voice. They listen only to those electro stupid songs with one line it them, of dumb Russian pop songs. And, sincerely, I don't even see a point in trying to present them Mika's songs.

But now I'm obsessed with it :groovy:

I was too,Now I'm obsessed with Underwater:wub2:

So, I think now, it is really depends on people. EMD was the last chance for my daughter in her school - girls in her class don't like Mika at all, they can't understand beauty of his voice. They listen only to those electro stupid songs with one line it them, of dumb Russian pop songs. And, sincerely, I don't even see a point in trying to present them Mika's songs.

The same in my 9 year old sis class.There kids even don't know who Mika is!

They only listen to Justin Bieber,Selen Gomez,Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana :doh:

But my sis is a bit different. because of me she loves Mika, Queen, The Killers,Nirvana and Michael Jackson:biggrin2: and unfortunately above mentioned she also likes:blink:

but I think these kids when they grow up they'll start to listen to real music:)

They only listen to Justin Bieber,Selen Gomez,Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana :doh:

But my sis is a bit different. because of me she loves Mika, Queen, The Killers,Nirvana and Michael Jackson:biggrin2: and unfortunately above mentioned she also likes:blink:

but I think these kids when they grow up they'll start to listen to real music:)

I hope so... but I'm rather realistic. The good thing is that my daughter doesn't like girls' music. She loves only Mika's music, some Gaga songs, Queen - like that. And she differs from class girls so much (loves reading, technical pastime) that I already see some signs of bullying :boxed: Mika's mum is a hero, and I'm not... so I'm really starting to be afraid.

I hope so... but I'm rather realistic. The good thing is that my daughter doesn't like girls' music. She loves only Mika's music, some Gaga songs, Queen - like that. And she differs from class girls so much (loves reading, technical pastime) that I already see some signs of bullying :boxed: Mika's mum is a hero, and I'm not... so I'm really starting to be afraid.

Oh don't say that!every mom is a hero to her child.I think you should just support your daughter in what she does,and maybe talk to the teacher if you see signs of violence in relation to your daughter?unfortunately talented children, differing from their peers are always exposed to mockery...it's sad, but kids can be cruel. but you can be proud of her-she seems to be one of a kind:)

Oh don't say that!every mom is a hero to her child.I think you should just support your daughter in what she does,and maybe talk to the teacher if you see signs of violence in relation to your daughter?unfortunately talented children, differing from their peers are always exposed to mockery...it's sad, but kids can be cruel. but you can be proud of her-she seems to be one of a kind:)

It's not violence yet, my daughter is strong and independent, so she can show them teeth. But mockery and teasing... :sneaky2:

Mika found himself in music, so I hope she will find something like this.

Actually I'm fine with EDM, it's a really catchy song indeed but IMO it's not really the song that reflect the most his talent :dunno:

And knowing him #1 in France since 4 weeks with it does not reassure me about people taste in term of music :teehee:

But anyway I'm really happy for him :wub2:

They only listen to Justin Bieber,Selen Gomez,Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana

Good to read there are still kids who like good music :punk:

My 10 years old daughter likes Mika, Coldplay, U2, Depeche Mode, Nina Simone, Elvis Presley.. well actually she likes what I like :naughty:

Good to read there are still kids who like good music :punk:

My 10 years old daughter likes Mika, Coldplay, U2, Depeche Mode, Nina Simone, Elvis Presley.. well actually she likes what I like :naughty:

Wow, your daughter rules!!!

And you know what my daughter's classmates say to her? That Mika is old-fashioned. Can you imagine? :sneaky2:

I introduced MIKA to my friends,my classmates eveyday,some of them will listen his songs,they said is fine,but many of them ignored my introduced of MIKA:blink:.I think We Are Golden is the best to let them loved MIKA.:biggrin2:

Wow, your daughter rules!!!

And you know what my daughter's classmates say to her? That Mika is old-fashioned. Can you imagine? :sneaky2:

:aah: That's hilarious!!

You mean that my husband thinks that I behave like a teenager because I like the music of a singer who is actually considered old fashioned by the real teenagers :insane:

That does not make sense :naughty:

For sure Mika is a grandpa compared to JB :teehee:

Well, even singers become fast moving consumer goods :blink:

:aah: That's hilarious!!

You mean that my husband thinks that I behave like a teenager because I like the music of a singer who is actually considered old fashioned by the real teenagers :insane:

That does not make sense :naughty:

For sure Mika is a grandpa compared to JB :teehee:

Well, even singers become fast moving consumer goods :blink:

It sounds really insane! :aah:

• 4 months later...

I think, by own experience, that Grace Kelly is the best song to chose if you want to introduce Mika to someone. It's an easy to like song.

When i first heard of Mika I actually didn't like: Lollipop, Love today and Big girl, but I loved happy ending. My friend, who's absolutely not a Mika fan, loves Happy Ending too.

So if you want to introduce Mika play Happy Ending and Grace Kelly (and maybe By the time). :wink2:

I think, by own experience, that Grace Kelly is the best song to chose if you want to introduce Mika to someone. It's an easy to like song.

When i first heard of Mika I actually didn't like: Lollipop, Love today and Big girl, but I loved happy ending. My friend, who's absolutely not a Mika fan, loves Happy Ending too.

So if you want to introduce Mika play Happy Ending and Grace Kelly (and maybe By the time). :wink2:

i think Happy Ending is a good choice too. but about my experience... the only songs from Mika that i played for others and they loved it were Relax and Kick ass.:wub2: and Blame it on the girls is good because it has a perfect rhythm!:teehee:

i think Happy Ending is a good choice too. but about my experience... the only songs from Mika that i played for others and they loved it were Relax and Kick ass.:wub2: and Blame it on the girls is good because it has a perfect rhythm!:teehee:

yes i agree, relax is probably the perfect choice :blush-anim-cl: everyone i've played it for liked it...:thumb_yello:

I can't wait to hear the new songs. I think Mika might be taking a new direction with his music, but still retaining the Mika element that makes his work unique. That's what I hope anyway.

Atm, my favourite new song to introduce people to Mika, has to be, Underwater. It is incredible. It's new, but so obviously a Mika song with the high, "Underwateeeeeeeeer" bits, and hopefully, it will be even better on the cd. I think the general public will love it!