Song to introduce Mika to make him loved by ignorant people

Just put GK on and say:

Hey whaddya think about this song???

It's called "Little Freddie"...:naughty:

No, seriously, after GK, i'd play them Blue Eyes, everyone i play BE love it...

Even my dogs like it...

Now i understand why did u name your dog Mika! :roftl:

I'd introduce him to people with GRACE KELLY, RELAX or WAG :thumb_yello:

I've been talking about this subject with another member, Ana, who's starting a facebook group to introduce GLEE fans (or anyone who goes on the page) to Mika. We've been talking about what songs to put on there, bearing in mind that songs like OFB or even TB, won't appeal to a lot of people until they get used to Mika's quirkiness.

I suggested the performance of WAG from Jonathan Ross, bearing in mind that the officialWAG vid will also not appeal to everyone, but his performance on JR was stunning and would make everyone fall in love with him.

I've also suggested Kick Ass. It doesn no harm for people who don't know Mika from a hole-in-the-wall, to discover he's done the title song to a blockbuster movie, plus, Kick Ass really kicks Ass!! It's brilliant.

Love Today is the one that introduced me to Mika, and songs like Blue Eyes and I See You would appeal to many mainstream people. I'm not sure about Grace Kelly though, from what I read ages ago, it put some idiots off Mika because they thought he wanted to be like a woman. The word 'metaphore' probably wasn't in their vocabulary.

I hope that is some help to you.

It is a shame that that put them off!:sneaky2:

I'd choose KA too. + Relax, and Rain:thumb_yello:

Also i've noticed that many people who don't know Mika, like a lot the Lollipop song. Its rythm is catching, so even to those who do not understand English, have fun at dancing or humming it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd use Blue eyes , Lollipop and Pick Up Off The Floor .

Relax everyone here almost know it and some people I know would say 'he sounds like a woman ' that's why I wouldn't use it.:aah:

I'd choose a song according to the person's taste in music, but generally I'd use Kick Ass as a first song because at least in my town people kinda like it due to its connection to the movie :naughty:

To the people who like slower songs I'd suggest PUOTF or I See You, or any song off Songs For Sorrow :wink2:

I didn't show any songs to my friends except for WAG (and only to one friend who I thought was "in the mood" enough to hear such a bouncy song, not to mention the video which I also showed her), but they know about Lollipop, Big Girl, BIOTG and Good Gone Girl and I think they would be suitable for anyone (especially for those who listen to the radio much) because they're catchy :groovy:

BIOTG would be the second choice for me because it simply makes everyone MOVE :teehee: I showed it to my father and uncle and they loved the piano part in the middle, plus the fact that it sounds less computerized than what we have today in the music industry, so I think the song would most likely be a win :thumb_yello: even grandpa tried to dance on it :blink:

Grace Kelly is okay also, I actually talked to some people about it and they didn't even know the song :shocked: they all know Relax and Rain instead, oh and Happy Ending which is overplayed at morning hours on the radio, so I don't think these would work, but again, it depends on the person and how well songs are promoted in your country :biggrin2:

Now i understand why did u name your dog Mika! :roftl:

It is a shame that that put them off!:sneaky2:

I'd choose KA too. + Relax, and Rain:thumb_yello:

Also i've noticed that many people who don't know Mika, like a lot the Lollipop song. Its rythm is catching, so even to those who do not understand English, have fun at dancing or humming it.

Lollipop is fabulous:mf_lustslow:... I can't stop to dance when I listen to it.

Thank you:thumb_yello:

I love the WAG you're talking about too!

And, concerning words in bold: not so many people in my country know English this well, to understand the meaning of the song. Sometimes it is for luck :naughty:

That's a good point! If English isn't someone's first language, then a song like GK may make no sense to them.

Ana has added the WAG performance from the JR show to the new GLEE needs MIKA facebook page. Take a look on the link in my siggy. I've also suggested adding the ISY performance from the Through The Looking Glass special that Mika was on last year.

I think, to get people really interested in Mika, it's the performance vids that will deffinately sell him,to new people, because he's such a stunning performer.

That's a good point! If English isn't someone's first language, then a song like GK may make no sense to them.

Ana has added the WAG performance from the JR show to the new GLEE needs MIKA facebook page. Take a look on the link in my siggy. I've also suggested adding the ISY performance from the Through The Looking Glass special that Mika was on last year.

I think, to get people really interested in Mika, it's the performance vids that will deffinately sell him,to new people, because he's such a stunning performer.

There's also the Rain performance, on Popstar to Operastar, PUOTF on Jools... :wub2:

I would not suggest Love Today to them, because when my sister first listened, she thought that MIKA is a woman.:blink:

For me, I will get some ideas to what my fds like to listen 1st , and choose the most suitable one.

In general speaking , I would like to choose Grace Kelly and We Are Golden for them.

Not WAG, please! I think it's too much for the beginning:naughty: Specially not video:roftl:

In my opinion (as a new fan), it has to be something like "Relax" or "Blame it on the girls".

And it depends to the person you wanna involve;)

Edited by natulevich

My cousin from the states had never heard of MIKA, she lives in a bubble! Anyways she was over here (UK) and I introduced her to Big Girl, she loves it and the positive message it gives out! I think By the Time may be a good song to introduce people

I say Touches you, it's his most mainstream song (at first listen) and has an undenyable beat and it's not too 'gay' for most people :rolls_eyes:

:thumb_yello: I agree with touches you, also 'ring ring' from licm as he dosnt sing particularly 'high' . Plus it one of my faves:wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

The ones I use to make new MIKA fans are "Grace Kelly", "Lollipop", "Relax, take it easy" and "Rain"

Everyone listened to one of them at least once (in Spain "Rain" and "Relax" are always sounding wherever you go ;) ) and surely love them, so it's a good way to introduce them to MIKA's music =)

Depends on the person...

If she/he generally likes funny/happy songs, I would show him/her Billy Brown, Lollipop, Grace Kelly, Blame it on The Girls, Good Gone Girl or Love Today.

If the person has good interpretation skills, I would go with Toy Boy, Lonely Alcoholic, Lady Jane, Your Symphaty, My Interpretation, Any Other World or Stuck in the Middle.

If she/he likes sad/lovely/with coral songs, I'd recommend Happy ending, Erase, Pick Up of the Floor, By the Time, I See You or Rain.

Mika got a lot of diversity in his music, it's impossible to dislike every song. Seriously, gotta be something that everyone likes.

:)