Song to introduce Mika to make him loved by ignorant people

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the person...

If she/he generally likes funny/happy songs, I would show him/her Billy Brown, Lollipop, Grace Kelly, Blame it on The Girls, Good Gone Girl or Love Today.

If the person has good interpretation skills, I would go with Toy Boy, Lonely Alcoholic, Lady Jane, Your Symphaty, My Interpretation, Any Other World or Stuck in the Middle.

If she/he likes sad/lovely/with coral songs, I'd recommend Happy ending, Erase, Pick Up of the Floor, By the Time, I See You or Rain.

Mika got a lot of diversity in his music, it's impossible to dislike every song. Seriously, gotta be something that everyone likes.

:)

agree with her... you can't generalize everyone... great point of view...

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

• 4 months later...
That is true it depends on the person...but i always show my friends...Rain..Kick Ass...Love today...Ring Ring...we are golden and when i want to share the extraordinary musician that he is, stuck in the middle...over my shoulder...blame it on the girls...toy boy...:)

Well, all the songs one by one :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

As a CD version - definitely Rain, but also SITM

Unplugged version - One Foot Boy from L@H

For a sentimental, romantic person - I See You, Rain from Live@HomeL@H

For a movie lover - Kick Ass

It depends very much on the "ignorant" person, I believe. I doubt there is one song that would catch everybody.

And the attempt to make everybody love MIKA is bound to fail as surely as the attempt to achieve world peace :biggrin2:

From the first album, I would say stuck in the middle and Billy Brown...

And from the second album... it's hard to choose :teehee: I think I would make them listen to good gone girl and touches you..and blame it on the girls, and rain :teehee:

These songs have not been broadcasted on the radio (at least here in France, ecept for blame ot ont he girls and rain). As far as Mika is concerned, people that don't have his album often know Relax or Lollipop, and Rain..

Siu, I totally agree with you !!! The unplugged version of One foot boy in Live@home is unbelievably good !!! If I had to choose and to show people who don't know Mika one performance, it would definitely be this one !! I've watched it over and over again, I was litterary blown away by his talent :thumb_yello:

I think the best way to make Mika loved by people who don't know him yet is to take them to a gig :mf_rosetinted: it's hardly possible to resist Mika live :biggrin2:

I think the best way to make Mika loved by people who don't know him yet is to take them to a gig :mf_rosetinted: it's hardly possible to resist Mika live :biggrin2:

I do agree .. but it's getting them in the gig door that's the problem.

It's not COOL to like Mika :sneaky2: ... (well not with my friends anyway)

Tis their loss!

I just lock the door and subject them to it .. tough love and all that! :naughty:

x nimmie x

I do agree .. but it's getting them in the gig door that's the problem.

It's not COOL to like Mika :sneaky2: ... (well not with my friends anyway)

Tis their loss!

I just lock the door and subject them to it .. tough love and all that! :naughty:

EDIT: Quote went weird :blink:

x nimmie x

+1!!!!!

Edited by kate2310

How could I have forgotten Blue Eyes!? It has such a catchy beat that you just have to love it. Every time I hear the song I simply have to move myself to the rhythme. Probably MIKA too when he sings it - the other day I found this little gif on the internet where he's singing it. It's probably from a gig but if you're in the right (filthy) mood, you just might see something else in it too :naughty:. Posted it in the Boy Who Loves His Piano Too Much thread. I guess :biggrin2:

AND BE doesn't have falsetto, so it's rather easy to digest it even if you're not into men singing with high voice.

Good idea.

I think so as well :teehee: Being that I live in the US, precisely NYC...one has to be tactful in which way you introduce Meek's music since his sound is not so mainstream here. So I do it in a very calculated manner where people always end up asking me more questions about him!

I have already gotten 9 people that did not know who he was to buy 1 or 2 of his albums!!! and wayyy more people to actually like him (and to think that he is "absolutely adorable") :naughty:

Im very proud of my efforts :biggrin2:

Hmm..I know many people, who doesn't lika/listen Mika. Well.. My opinion would be.. WAG, Kick-Ass or Grace Kelly. :wink2:

However.. I don't know many boys, who'd like Mika.. So, it's pretty surprising to find someone like that.. My bf likes Mika.. =D

I think so as well :teehee: Being that I live in the US' date=' precisely NYC...one has to be tactful in which way you introduce Meek's music since his sound is not so mainstream here. So I do it in a very calculated manner where people always end up asking me more questions about him!

I have already gotten 9 people that did not know who he was to buy 1 or 2 of his albums!!! and wayyy more people to actually like him (and to think that he is "absolutely adorable") :naughty:

Im very proud of my efforts :biggrin2:[/quote']

Same here... but I'm not that successful as you in promoting :aah:

Hmm..I know many people, who doesn't lika/listen Mika. Well.. My opinion would be.. WAG, Kick-Ass or Grace Kelly. :wink2:

However.. I don't know many boys, who'd like Mika.. So, it's pretty surprising to find someone like that.. My bf likes Mika.. =D

My husband is the only one man I know who likes Mika :boxed:

I don't know why but Almost everyone and I mean EVERYONE here has heard , not WAG or Rain, but (wait for it) Blue eyes ! :wub2:

I mean it's not that popular but everyone just loves it and when it came out , you could find 1 out of 3 people humming or singing it! And anyway if you think about it it's really nice , the lyrics are simple and mika's voice sounds beautiful and not too squeaky either. :biggrin2::teehee::wub2:

I don't know why but Almost everyone and I mean EVERYONE here has heard , not WAG or Rain, but (wait for it) Blue eyes ! :wub2:

I mean it's not that popular but everyone just loves it and when it came out , you could find 1 out of 3 people humming or singing it! And anyway if you think about it it's really nice , the lyrics are simple and mika's voice sounds beautiful and not too squeaky either. :biggrin2::teehee::wub2:

Really??? :shocked:

Wow, in my place I can't name anyone who could know this song (except my family).

I liked mika my friend by lollipop:naughty: and today I copy in her phone 'lover boy' and 'good gone girl'

I trying to love mika everybody :aah: she likes 'happy and fun' songs.. so...

sorry for english:teehee:

Edited by mary*

I liked mika my friend by lollipop:naughty: and today I copy in her phone 'lover boy' and 'good gone girl'

I trying to love mika everybody :aah: she likes 'happy and fun' songs.. so...

sorry for english:teehee:

ay, girl, the more you post, the better is your English :thumb_yello: