Song to introduce Mika to make him loved by ignorant people

This is very important question for promoting Mika. I registered in Secret Society, but haven't wrote there anything. But anyway, I promote Mika in Ukraine (just have no time to make reports in SS).

So, what song you would choose to introduce Mika to people who just vaguely heard of him?

It is not a question of your favourite song! My fav is OFB, but I'm aware that no-fan will not understand it at first at all.

My neighbour got to know that I'm a Mika fan and said: no, I've heard his song, and I didn't liked it, too squeaky. It was LT. Maybe if she heard some other song, she would liked it?

So, what song is better to make people like Mika?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GRACE KELLY!

that one conquered us all!

a masterpiece in its genre

It is! Most of my non-Mika-fan-friends (Yes, it's hard to believe, but i still have non-Mika-fan-friends :mf_rosetinted::lmfao: ) like GK a lot. It's such a special song, not similar to any other song i've heard before!

I think Big Girl is a good choice too cause it's catchy and you can't get it out of your head.

My mother doesn't like Mikas high voice but fell for Loverboy and my grandma loves Put your love up off the floor :teehee: My best friend loves Relax and Rain, but hates GK :aah:

As far as I'm concerned i have been hooked at first by Love Today on LICM and Touches You on TBWKTM.

So in the end i think there's not THE one Mika song to make people love his music, but it depends on the individual taste in music of the person you wanna convince :wink2:

It is! Most of my non-Mika-fan-friends (Yes, it's hard to believe, but i still have non-Mika-fan-friends :mf_rosetinted::lmfao: ) like GK a lot. It's such a special song, not similar to any other song i've heard before!

I think Big Girl is a good choice too cause it's catchy and you can't get it out of your head.

My mother doesn't like Mikas high voice but fell for Loverboy and my grandma loves Put your love up off the floor :teehee: My best friend loves Relax and Rain, but hates GK :aah:

So in the end i think there's not THE one Mika song to make people love his music, but it depends on the individual taste in music of the person you wanna convince :wink2:

Now I wanna convince a girl from our Queen fan club. Can you believe she ignores Mika?????

It really depends on their musical taste.

Apart from one friend, all my friends are non-Mika-fans.

But one likes Love Today and Grace Kelly, the other one loves Happy Ending.

And they always tell me they've Happy Ending or Lollipop stuck in their heads.:teehee:

Most people I know that don't like Mika that much have taken a liking to Kick Ass strangely enough... and sometimes rain.

If I were to introduce people to Mika, I wold probably use We Are Golden though :aah:

Sounds like you're talking about my husband who doesn't like Mika! :crybaby:

but who doesn't mind Kick Ass!:teehee:

This is very important question for promoting Mika. I registered in Secret Society, but haven't wrote there anything. But anyway, I promote Mika in Ukraine (just have no time to make reports in SS).

So, what song you would choose to introduce Mika to people who just vaguely heard of him?

It is not a question of your favourite song! My fav is OFB, but I'm aware that no-fan will not understand it at first at all.

My neighbour got to know that I'm a Mika fan and said: no, I've heard his song, and I didn't liked it, too squeaky. It was LT. Maybe if she heard some other song, she would liked it?

So, what song is better to make people like Mika?

I'd say Any Other World and Big Girl (not "squeaky"), Good Gone Girl or Dr.John (great rythym) and the whole Songs For Sorrow EP, to convince them that Mika can make beautiful slower songs, and to show them his voice in a clearer way. :wink2:

Grace Kelly is also a good choice, but that one is pretty well known, the same with Relax (which I've heard many people saying it's too squeaky! :teehee:)

But don't forget, not everyone will like him, no matter how many songs you show them!

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin2:

I'd say Any Other World and Big Girl (not "squeaky"), Good Gone Girl or Dr.John (great rythym) and the whole Songs For Sorrow EP, to convince them that Mika can make beautiful slower songs, and to show them his voice in a clearer way. :wink2:

Grace Kelly is also a good choice, but that one is pretty well known, the same with Relax (which I've heard many people saying it's too squeaky! :teehee:)

But don't forget, not everyone will like him, no matter how many songs you show them!

GOOD LUCK! :biggrin2:

Yes... I haven't listened to FM stations for 2 years (my son was born so I had other interest). But these days I started to listen to it again, to see what's the situation here. I was very upset. Because in our Ukrainian stations there is no place for Mika :boxed:

The songs they play are so trashy... I can't imagine a Mika's song being a neiboughr to THIS :shocked::aah:

There are only 1-3 stations whose listeners deserve Mika.

I have to decide what station to attack with requests. And with which songs. Currently it can be only Kick Ass.

So sad

I think I usually use Grace Kelly or Big Girl. They're impossible not to love. :dunno:

EDIT: Just a tip, when you're telling someone about Mika, try not to seem too obsessed. They'll get freaked out and won't want to hear any of his music. Just be like "Hey, have you heard of Mika? You should check out his one song, Grace Kelly. I think you'd like it." And just leave it at that. Worked better than my shoving-an-earphone-in-their-ear-and-playing-Mika's-entire-album method. :teehee:

Edited by Fmbm

Yes... I haven't listened to FM stations for 2 years (my son was born so I had other interest). But these days I started to listen to it again, to see what's the situation here. I was very upset. Because in our Ukrainian stations there is no place for Mika :boxed:

The songs they play are so trashy... I can't imagine a Mika's song being a neiboughr to THIS :shocked::aah:

There are only 1-3 stations whose listeners deserve Mika.

I have to decide what station to attack with requests. And with which songs. Currently it can be only Kick Ass.

So sad

Here there are like 3 or 4 "big" radio stations that play Mika, but it's always the same... Relax, We Are Golden, Grace Kelly and Rain... I never even heard Kick Ass on the radio!

I don't know how it's like in Ukraine, but here most radio stations have a playlist, and they can only play certain songs...so, if you listen to one radio the whole day, you'll listen to the same songs several times during the day. :sneaky2: And you can request 100000000000 a song, but if it's not on their playlist, they can't play it. Sometimes they don't even play certain artists!! :blink:

I think I usually use Grace Kelly or Big Girl. They're impossible not to love. :dunno:

EDIT: Just a tip, when you're telling someone about Mika, try not to seem too obsessed. They'll get freaked out and won't want to hear any of his music. Just be like "Hey, have you heard of Mika? You should check out his one song, Grace Kelly. I think you'd like it." And just leave it at that. Worked better than my shoving-an-earphone-in-their-ear-and-playing-Mika's-entire-album method. :teehee:

Agreed!

And also, if you're showing the songs to people you know, choose the songs according to their tastes... Like, if they only know Relax and hate it, they'll probably hate Rain too so, why not show them Toy Boy for example? :thumb_yello:

Edited by Mary

Just put GK on and say:

Hey whaddya think about this song???

It's called "Little Freddie"...:naughty:

No, seriously, after GK, i'd play them Blue Eyes, everyone i play BE love it...

Even my dogs like it...

I've been talking about this subject with another member, Ana, who's starting a facebook group to introduce GLEE fans (or anyone who goes on the page) to Mika. We've been talking about what songs to put on there, bearing in mind that songs like OFB or even TB, won't appeal to a lot of people until they get used to Mika's quirkiness.

I suggested the performance of WAG from Jonathan Ross, bearing in mind that the officialWAG vid will also not appeal to everyone, but his performance on JR was stunning and would make everyone fall in love with him.

I've also suggested Kick Ass. It doesn no harm for people who don't know Mika from a hole-in-the-wall, to discover he's done the title song to a blockbuster movie, plus, Kick Ass really kicks Ass!! It's brilliant.

Love Today is the one that introduced me to Mika, and songs like Blue Eyes and I See You would appeal to many mainstream people. I'm not sure about Grace Kelly though, from what I read ages ago, it put some idiots off Mika because they thought he wanted to be like a woman. The word 'metaphore' probably wasn't in their vocabulary.

I hope that is some help to you.

I've been talking about this subject with another member, Ana, who's starting a facebook group to introduce GLEE fans (or anyone who goes on the page) to Mika. We've been talking about what songs to put on there, bearing in mind that songs like OFB or even TB, won't appeal to a lot of people until they get used to Mika's quirkiness.

I suggested the performance of WAG from Jonathan Ross, bearing in mind that the officialWAG vid will also not appeal to everyone, but his performance on JR was stunning and would make everyone fall in love with him.

I've also suggested Kick Ass. It doesn no harm for people who don't know Mika from a hole-in-the-wall, to discover he's done the title song to a blockbuster movie, plus, Kick Ass really kicks Ass!! It's brilliant.

Love Today is the one that introduced me to Mika, and songs like Blue Eyes and I See You would appeal to many mainstream people. I'm not sure about Grace Kelly though, from what I read ages ago, it put some idiots off Mika because they thought he wanted to be like a woman. The word 'metaphore' probably wasn't in their vocabulary.

I hope that is some help to you.

Thank you:thumb_yello:

I love the WAG you're talking about too!

And, concerning words in bold: not so many people in my country know English this well, to understand the meaning of the song. Sometimes it is for luck :naughty:

Grace Kelly. You can't go wrong with Grace Kelly.

Then Kick Ass or Blue Eyes to follow up later.. that way they see a range of Mika's genres.

The most effective method is to pretend you're a new fan yourself (i've won over many people that way :teehee: )