Hi there!

Mika is talking a lot about his third album. I know it's early days, but I thought it might be interesting to start a thread about it. It could be both, a lot of fun, and a serious discussion.

He says it will be sonically darker. Maybe sounding like some kind of cross beteen The Carpenters and the Cardigans. I know The Carpenters but not The Cardigans, unless you count the cardigan I'm wearing! It's black with sparkly bits on it, so it's about right for a Mika song.

He says it will be different from #1&2 but still with the twisted stories.

When do you think it will be ready?

What do you want from the album?

What do you think he should call it?

I think it should be called

The Boy Who's Third Album Is Better Than The Other Two Until The Next One Comes Out. Or to us it would be

TBWTAIBTTOTUTNOCO

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said that his second album goes to do difernte, the second one is the whole success,

The third party is going to be still mas satisfactorily. :thumb_yello:

He said that leydy gaga estaria in his album 3, and also they say that Paulina Rubio would do a duo with. I am impatient to know that the matters were speaking his letters, that melodies tendra his new songs:mf_lustslow:

Have u seen the interview of Yahoo Music??

Mika said that his 3rd album will be completely different from the 1st and 2nd.

'i started write some pop music' Mika said

After watching the interview, i'm so excited about it!:aah:

Although i don't know when it come out~ hahaXDXD:naughty:

Funny! This week end, I was wondering if Mika would include songs like Holly Johnny or some beautiful others that are unofficial but that you can hear if you look for them and that are so good...I wish he did like with "I see you" and "I'm falling", work them a bit differently perhaps but release them because they are so good and they deserve to get out of the closet for good! :fangurl:

or TUTNOCO for short :aah:

Good thread Marilyn. I feel the need to speculate too on TUTNOCO at this time, since I won't be going to see him perform now until the TUTNOCO Tour 2012 (provisionally titled the Wooden Cardigan Tour) :mf_rosetinted:

Personally, I really hope he is serious when he says the next album will be quite different. With hindsight, he could have afforded to go 'different' with TBWKTM and would have fared no worse commercially, so he really has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from experimenting next time around. He really has to evolve now in order to keep me interested, at least. :blink:

That said, I totally believe in him, still, and I honestly think he hasn't scratched the surface of his potential yet (and I don't mean chart-success potential, because I think we've all seen how irrelevant that is now becoming..).

or TUTNOCO for short :aah:

Good thread Marilyn. I feel the need to speculate too on TUTNOCO at this time, since I won't be going to see him perform now until the TUTNOCO Tour 2012 (provisionally titled the Wooden Cardigan Tour) :mf_rosetinted:

Personally, I really hope he is serious when he says the next album will be quite different. With hindsight, he could have afforded to go 'different' with TBWKTM and would have fared no worse commercially, so he really has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain from experimenting next time around. He really has to evolve now in order to keep me interested, at least. :blink:

That said, I totally believe in him, still, and I honestly think he hasn't scratched the surface of his potential yet (and I don't mean chart-success potential, because I think we've all seen how irrelevant that is now becoming..).

What strikes me this time around, which is different from what he was saying in 2008 about album #2, is that this time Mika seems (to me) to be oozing confidence. For most of 2008 he was very vague about the album he was working on. Sometimes he was half way through recording, sometimes he was demoing. He couldn't seem to make up his mind and it showed. He didn't seem to want to talk about the album which started out as We Are Golden, and ended up being The Boy Who Knew Too Much.

But this time he seems far more decisive and enthusiastic about the direction the album is taking and the fact that he's already working on it.

I also agree that Mika needs to evolve. I know there will be people who might want to keep his career in a bubble, who even lament about the long lost more simple shows and Mika in green trousers days of 2007, but if we think of the performers with the longest careers, Elvis, MJ, Madonna, they all evolved from where they started out. Mika is getting older and more mature so he'll have to reflect that in his music. But I for one am really excited about finding out what direction he's taking. At his core I know he'll always be our Mika. The greatest musician and performer of the 21st century, and I'll always be his fan.

Interesting thread:thumb_yello:

Yes he did say it would be a little bit darker. He had said for TBWKTM as well. If he said that it'd sound a bit like The Carpenters and The Cardigans, I'm gonna LOVE it :mf_lustslow: The Cardigans are one of my fav bands. They are somewhere pop-rockish, with beautiful melodies and lyrics. :wub2:

He also said that this album would be completely different in comparison to the first two. So I kinda expect a bigger change in songs' programing and perhaps a bigger change in his vocal performances as well. I hope he goes a bit to rock 'n' roll. I think that'd be brilliant :mf_lustslow:

As for a Lady Gaga collaboration, I'm reeally looking forward to it and hopefully he isn't giving us false hopes for that one! If he does a song with her, the song will be released for sure and I'm really interested what the video the two of them would make would be like. :teehee:

I hope not cause her voice doesn't match with his and not everyone here likes her music .

And I don't see him singing about sex and everything that woman does it's autotune and her songs sound the same and have the same concept.

Interesting thread:thumb_yello:

Yes he did say it would be a little bit darker. He had said for TBWKTM as well. If he said that it'd sound a bit like The Carpenters and The Cardigans, I'm gonna LOVE it :mf_lustslow: The Cardigans are one of my fav bands. They are somewhere pop-rockish, with beautiful melodies and lyrics. :wub2:

He also said that this album would be completely different in comparison to the first two. So I kinda expect a bigger change in songs' programing and perhaps a bigger change in his vocal performances as well. I hope he goes a bit to rock 'n' roll. I think that'd be brilliant :mf_lustslow:

As for a Lady Gaga collaboration, I'm reeally looking forward to it and hopefully he isn't giving us false hopes for that one! If he does a song with her, the song will be released for sure and I'm really interested what the video the two of them would make would be like. :teehee:

I have the similar expetations. :wink2:

Think he can evolve to a pop-rock manner cos his voice has such kind of energy and tension.:thumb_yello:

I definitely had apprehensions about the second album -- which I think is justified. I fell in love with Mika with LICM, and we'd never seen him make a follow-up. But now that we've seen how absolutely stunning TBWKTM was, I'm not as worried.

I remember about this time last summer, when we got that :30 second preview of We Are Golden on the French website. I don't know what they did, but it was edited like **** and everyone was holding their breath because we were like, "is the new album going to suck?"

But then the full song played on BBC1, and we got the :30 second previews on iTunes, and the world was at peace again. :wub2:

Mika's an artist who I like. He has proven his ability to make music that I love time after time. So I'm as confident as him that the next album will be abso-f*cking-lutely stunning.

(Unlike everyone else, I really don't want to see a Gaga collab on this album. :hair: )

I hope not cause her voice doesn't match with his and not everyone here likes her music .

And I don't see him singing about sex and everything that woman does it's autotune and her songs sound the same and have the same concept.

I think it would be good to see them collaborate, she's a #1 artist here, but I think since it's his album, wouldn't she go along with his type of music instead of them singing about.. sex? :blink:

Lady GaGa was a fan of Mika before she was famous, so I'm sure they'd both like it. :naughty:

I think the 3rd album is gonna be FABULOUS. :biggrin2:

Archived