• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I kinda expect a bigger change in songs' programing and perhaps a bigger change in his vocal performances as well. I hope he goes a bit to rock 'n' roll. I think that'd be brilliant :mf_lustslow:

Oooooh, I'm liking the sound of that!!!

I do want to see him live before the 3rd album though. :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

my feeling exactly!:thumb_yello:

*nods in agreement*

My issue with him starting the third album now is that I don't feel that the album has been out long enough (also that he hasn't done enough touring, but that's another matter :blush-anim-cl:)... then again, it didn't do very well in the charts so I guess that's why he is looking at doing another one now... :dunno:

You know, last night I was listening to the first Ben Folds album, which I really love. And I kept thinking, this is the sort of music Mika should be making. Punky, quirky, catchy, piano rock with a classical twist. There is not enough of that around at the moment, and whilst I honestly think Ben Folds is a much better pianist than Mika, I hear a lot of similarities.

I would be disappointed if the third album is all electro disco kind of stuff like Kick Ass. I'd prefer Mika to get back to his acoustic roots a bit. I think I'd also like to hear a more cohesive sound on #3. Sometimes less is more, in terms of the number of genres you try to pack into an album. :wink2:

You know, last night I was listening to the first Ben Folds album, which I really love. And I kept thinking, this is the sort of music Mika should be making. Punky, quirky, catchy, piano rock with a classical twist. There is not enough of that around at the moment, and whilst I honestly think Ben Folds is a much better pianist than Mika, I hear a lot of similarities.

I would be disappointed if the third album is all electro disco kind of stuff like Kick Ass. I'd prefer Mika to get back to his acoustic roots a bit. I think I'd also like to hear a more cohesive sound on #3. Sometimes less is more, in terms of the number of genres you try to pack into an album. :wink2:

Ooooooooh.... I like the sound of that!

Ever since he mentioned it in an interview I am trying to imagine what a crossover between Cardigans and Carpenters would sound like...but I can´t :teehee:

I like Carpenters but I dislike The Cardigans ...The Cardigans are for me too....sweet, too much sugar, I don´t like the singer

But no matter what, there will surely be new and amazing melodies on Mika´s next album. Since I am pretty diverse in my musical taste I am sure I can follow him into many directions.... You know what would be awesome one day: if he made an album full of songs with melodies and a huge orchestra...and no singing at all. Before you all beat me to death: Mika said he originally wanted to compose movie soundtracks - so maybe...one day....

Ever since he mentioned it in an interview I am trying to imagine what a crossover between Cardigans and Carpenters would sound like...but I can´t :teehee:

I like Carpenters but I dislike The Cardigans ...The Cardigans are for me too....sweet, too much sugar, I don´t like the singer

But no matter what, there will surely be new and amazing melodies on Mika´s next album. Since I am pretty diverse in my musical taste I am sure I can follow him into many directions.... You know what would be awesome one day: if he made an album full of songs with melodies and a huge orchestra...and no singing at all. Before you all beat me to death: Mika said he originally wanted to compose movie soundtracks - so maybe...one day....

I feel in my guts that Mika will diverge into soundtracks and more classical and acoustic stuff. He certainlly hasn't ruled out writing a musical one day. It seems that he would like to. He just said he isn't ready yet and I can understand that.

About the speed of this new album, that has been mentioned. Well I think he may be eager to produce this new sound. I think he just had to get the other albums out of his system. Remember, he has OCD and it's all about certain rituals. The rituals drive you nuts but you can't escape from them until they are done. After the first album he HAD TO do the second part of the two growing-up albums, he would have had no choice in the matter.

As a sufferer of OCD myself I can really understand where he was coming from. Now he's finished with those two growing-up albums, he's freed himself to do something else, and I just think he's really keen to get going with it.

This sounds interesting, can you please tell me the name of the album!:wink2:

I feel in my guts that Mika will diverge into soundtracks and more classical and acoustic stuff. He certainlly hasn't ruled out writing a musical one day. It seems that he would like to. He just said he isn't ready yet and I can understand that.

About the speed of this new album, that has been mentioned. Well I think he may be eager to produce this new sound. I think he just had to get the other albums out of his system. Remember, he has OCD and it's all about certain rituals. The rituals drive you nuts but you can't escape from them until they are done. After the first album he HAD TO do the second part of the two growing-up albums, he would have had no choice in the matter.

As a sufferer of OCD myself I can really understand where he was coming from. Now he's finished with those two growing-up albums, he's freed himself to do something else, and I just think he's really keen to get going with it.

Hm, didn't he have an obsession with the number 3?

Maybe he will make a third album about his childhood/adolescence?:naughty:

Just kidding...:teehee:

Oooooh, I'm liking the sound of that!!!

*nods in agreement*

My issue with him starting the third album now is that I don't feel that the album has been out long enough (also that he hasn't done enough touring, but that's another matter :blush-anim-cl:)... then again, it didn't do very well in the charts so I guess that's why he is looking at doing another one now... :dunno:

Yeah.. I am still wondering why he went more than 1 places in the US, and Canada, but it was only in the North, and then went to Mexico City even more South than us. :naughty: I guess the management chooses destinations.. :blink:

I will have to listen to him. :biggrin2:

it sounds great though!

Hm, didn't he have an obsession with the number 3?

Maybe he will make a third album about his childhood/adolescence?:naughty:

Just kidding...:teehee:

:lmfao::teehee:

It's just called Ben Folds Five. It was released in 1996.

This is my favourite track from it and actually one of my favourite songs ever:

(The Gershwin-inspired bit at the end, now I can so imagine Mika doing something like that very well)

(The Gershwin-inspired bit at the end, now I can so imagine Mika doing something like that very well)

yes, it definitely sounds more exciting and much cooler than The Carpenters (:sleep_1:)

:thumb_yello:

yes, it definitely sounds more exciting and much cooler than The Carpenters (:sleep_1:)

:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

I am really hoping he was joking about the Carpenters :blink:. I've nothing against them - Karen Carpenter had a glorious voice - but no, Mika, NO!

Yeah.. I am still wondering why he went more than 1 places in the US, and Canada, but it was only in the North, and then went to Mexico City even more South than us. :naughty: I guess the management chooses destinations.. :blink:

Possibly... I thought it mostly had to do with record sales, but surely he fares reasonably well in the US...

Possibly... I thought it mostly had to do with record sales, but surely he fares reasonably well in the US...

but, both of the US reprisentatives are from the Southern US, and 3 Texas fans are on here, and I know of 3 from Georgia, truthfully, I've always thought his sales were better in the Southern US, or atleast, he's more popular here.. :blink: I live in a small town, so I wouldn't know though. :dunno:

also, last time he was in Atlanta he sold out. :aah: (more than 3 years ago.. :naughty: )

it's just confusing, the closest to me was about 9-10 hours out of .. 11 gigs on the NA tour? I think.. :lol3:

maybe, if he records in Nashville, like he said he'd like to, he'll have a show there that I can see. :mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

Mika could write like Ben Folds but with an astronomically better voice! That is something I can get behind. :naughty:

hmm I see the Ben Folds comparison, that could be interesting...

I can also see him 'slowing down' the third album. That's not to say it won't include dance-y, pop-y catchy songs, but maybe a handful more pieces that focus on his voice more than they do on the background instrumentals...?

one thing's for sure, Mika's a perfectionist and so I'm sure whatever he has in store will be carefully crafted and only revealed to us once he's satisfied :original:

i know im excited!!

but i hope he keeps touring cough-comes back to north america-cough first! :teehee:

I can also see him 'slowing down' the third album. That's not to say it won't include dance-y, pop-y catchy songs, but maybe a handful more pieces that focus on his voice more than they do on the background instrumentals...?

one thing's for sure, Mika's a perfectionist and so I'm sure whatever he has in store will be carefully crafted and only revealed to us once he's satisfied :original:

i know im excited!!

but i hope he keeps touring cough-comes back to north america-cough first! :teehee:

I actually thought that TBWKTM had some great songs which focussed on his vocal range more. Songs like Pick Up, By The Time, Touches You, Blue Eyes and I See You. Those are songs that are very heavy on great melody, and don't use too much falsetto (in some cases, none at all) I also think that Lady Jane (though it wasn't on the album) is a gem of a song that shows Mika's versatility as a singer.

But then there is Holy Johnny which on the PDP DVD was arranged as a country song. Mika could sing a country song really well. I love that version of HJ on the DVD!

I can't wait to hear his new music. But I think he's already done some amazing stuff on both of his existing albums and the SFS EP, and already shown he is capable of so much more.

i know im excited!!

*cough* me too *cough* :naughty:

I actually thought that TBWKTM had some great songs which focussed on his vocal range more. Songs like Pick Up, By The Time, Touches You, Blue Eyes and I See You. Those are songs that are very heavy on great melody, and don't use too much falsetto (in some cases, none at all) I also think that Lady Jane (though it wasn't on the album) is a gem of a song that shows Mika's versatility as a singer.

But then there is Holy Johnny which on the PDP DVD was arranged as a country song. Mika could sing a country song really well. I love that version of HJ on the DVD!

I can't wait to hear his new music. But I think he's already done some amazing stuff on both of his existing albums and the SFS EP, and already shown he is capable of so much more.

I Love HJ.. :wub2:

it has the beat and lyrics of a country song, and when Mika sings it, it does remind me a little of my early chilldhood music :naughty:

I love anything that Mika does.. :lmfao: I'll love the album no matter what. :biggrin2:

yeah, i love all those songs on TBWKTM (of course, i also love the others too!) and im curious to see whether his third album, which he's said will be different, will lean more towards the dance-y sound or the more ballad-y category... or neither!

and i LOVE lady jane, you're so right about it showing versatility, i hope to see more songs like that :original:

I believe in the word of his 3 cd mika going to do differently.

I am also very intrigued me the lyrics and melodies of his songs.

In his 2cd different melodies at the launch in Morocco when interpreting the music of rain use in this subject was very good!

I like a mix of more electro-pop and ballad :naughty:

it's very nice that he has to think of the album. I think any good will the album, because Mikam have so many ideas, which he displays in songs. Admittedly, that he was able to create a wide variety of tunes and words

I like the most fun songs, but all the words of the song which is nice.:wink2:

Archived