Mika makes the Eden Sessions a golden experience - efestivals

Miro

A very short review, yet a lovely one :biggrin2:

Mika makes the Eden Sessions a golden experience

The Eden Sessions 2010 review

Wednesday 21st July 2010

edenn.jpg

Following our wonderful experience of Mojave 3 and Jack Johnson, we eagerly anticipated our return to see Diana Vickers, and Mika at the Eden Sessions. The weather was perfect once again making the walk down into Eden enjoyable.

We settled into beautiful gardens to eat our picnic dinner before taking the short stroll to the main event. I wasn't overly interested in seeing Diana Vickers but I am so glad I did. Her energy and talent shone through despite a costume drama! She managed to engage the crowd and got them all singing and dancing in preparation for Mika's performance.

There are many words to describe what happened next. Mika graced the stage with the presence of a true showman! Adults and children alike sang along with such hits as 'Grace Kelly', 'Happy Ending', 'We are Golden' and 'Love Today'. His backing group were amazing and many flowers and presents were thrown out into the crowd of smiling faces. Some lucky fans will never forget the moment Mika threw them a massive daisy!

I have always enjoyed Mika's music but now I have huge respect for his ability to impress the young and old alike. His performance was spot on, his voice astounding. Mika you are golden!

review by Adele Reynolds

photos by Drew Reynolds

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/edensessions/2010/review-mika.shtml

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite part is the bit where the reviewer says that he impresses young and old alike! Often, reviewers try and make out that the audiance are just young people.

I'm 56 soon and although I have been alive to experience many legends of music, for me, there has never been anyone like Mika, and never will be!

My favourite part is the bit where the reviewer says that he impresses young and old alike! Often, reviewers try and make out that the audiance are just young people.

I'm 56 soon and although I have been alive to experience many legends of music, for me, there has never been anyone like Mika, and never will be!

True Marylin, feel quite the same about him!:biggrin2:

He's beyond all generations!:wub2:

True Marylin, feel quite the same about him!:biggrin2:

He's beyond all generations!:wub2:

I went to see Lady Gaga with my husband, who is a fan of hers. The audiance were really all young people and I didn't feel at home there as I do when I'm at a MIKA concert. The people wern't all in it together as they are when we all go and see MIKA and I felt conspicuous and out of place.

When we go and see MIKA it's like a big family outing where all the generations have a great time together and MIKA is our party host and no one feels left out.

Yes, Mika really is the best entertainer I have ever seen and his gigs have the best atmosphere.

I went to see Lady Gaga with my husband, who is a fan of hers. The audiance were really all young people and I didn't feel at home there as I do when I'm at a MIKA concert. The people wern't all in it together as they are when we all go and see MIKA and I felt conspicuous and out of place.

When we go and see MIKA it's like a big family outing where all the generations have a great time together and MIKA is our party host and no one feels left out.

Yes, Mika really is the best entertainer I have ever seen and his gigs have the best atmosphere.

oh thank you for telling your experience! :wub2:

I wondered what the atmosphere was like at other artists' shows, but I had guessed it wasn't the same as at Mika's ones at all

That's why I hesitate to go to Gaga gig even though I'd like to see her live here in my neighbourhood in the autumn. Get impression that I'll feel pretty allinated and shut off from the whole atmosphere:dunno:

And I wouldn't have that special feeling of happines like on Mika gigs.:wink2:

That's why I hesitate to go to Gaga gig even though I'd like to see her live here in my neighbourhood in the autumn. Get impression that I'll feel pretty allinated and shut off from the whole atmosphere:dunno:

And I wouldn't have that special feeling of happines like on Mika gigs.:wink2:

Well the fans are not that friendly. They're in groups of (maybe) twos and threes, but they don't interract with other groups. We saw her in the MEN arena and most of the fans were running off to the bar every few minutes, in a quest to get as drunk as possible before Lady G showed up. I was covered in beer from where they'd spilled their drinks on me and they were larking around even when she was on stage.

But no one needs to drink too much before Mika shows up on stage. He gives us a natural high that we could never get from any other substance, and we all enjoy the gig as one big happy family. Yes, I would say there is no gig like a Mika gig!

Archived