Say Something Random -Part 10!-

Fangirl

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd post and continue my twitter rant here, cuz I'm kinda beginning to feel ridiculous starting a new tweet every second question :mf_rosetinted:

God. Being quite honest with myself, I have no idea what to expect of High School in UK.

How many subjects do they fit into a time table?

Does PE clothing have to match the colour code as well?

Do the students change classrooms or do the teachers?

How relaxed are the teachers?

What kind of other activities does the school provide, like pupils' magazines?

Are there classes that are together all the time at all?

Would it or would it not be considered improper for a teacher and a student to exchange such casual-y e-mails as I do with my mag teacher?

Could you wear a black open 'jacket' over your white shirt or would that jacket have to be white, too?

Is it at all okay to talk in class?

What kind of reprimands do you get if you talk during lessons?

Are there lockers in the classroom?

Can the school bag be any colour??

Are there really points awarded for certain 'accomplishments'?

I mean, seriously? Like in Harry Potter? Do they have houses, too, or what? Or would that just be the case for residential schools? Maybe they play Quidditch?

Or at least Basketball? Basketball would be awesome...

Do the kids there have their individual style or not? Maybe they kind of find ways to express themselves despite the uniforms...

Is one even allowed to wear jewelry? Or would it be offensive if someone sported a Mika-Hearts-Bracelet? :blink:

Can you bring mp3-players?

How about mobile phones? Are they forbidden in UK schools, like here in Bavaria? Or didn't they have any violence video scandals?

Would anyone find it odd if I had a folder on which I'd stick a lot of Mika pics?

Do they have a choir?

Will I, as an exchange student, be expected to actively take part in lessons? Or will they just go, "Oh, let the poor German adjust to our accent before we press her into anything"?

....I can't imagine anyone read this completely :lmao:

Thought I'd post and continue my twitter rant here, cuz I'm kinda beginning to feel ridiculous starting a new tweet every second question :mf_rosetinted:

God. Being quite honest with myself, I have no idea what to expect of High School in UK.

How many subjects do they fit into a time table?

Does PE clothing have to match the colour code as well?

Do the students change classrooms or do the teachers?

How relaxed are the teachers?

What kind of other activities does the school provide, like pupils' magazines?

Are there classes that are together all the time at all?

Would it or would it not be considered improper for a teacher and a student to exchange such casual-y e-mails as I do with my mag teacher?

Could you wear a black open 'jacket' over your white shirt or would that jacket have to be white, too?

Is it at all okay to talk in class?

What kind of reprimands do you get if you talk during lessons?

Are there lockers in the classroom?

Can the school bag be any colour??

Are there really points awarded for certain 'accomplishments'?

I mean, seriously? Like in Harry Potter? Do they have houses, too, or what? Or would that just be the case for residential schools? Maybe they play Quidditch?

Or at least Basketball? Basketball would be awesome...

Do the kids there have their individual style or not? Maybe they kind of find ways to express themselves despite the uniforms...

Is one even allowed to wear jewelry? Or would it be offensive if someone sported a Mika-Hearts-Bracelet? :blink:

Can you bring mp3-players?

How about mobile phones? Are they forbidden in UK schools, like here in Bavaria? Or didn't they have any violence video scandals?

Would anyone find it odd if I had a folder on which I'd stick a lot of Mika pics?

Do they have a choir?

Will I, as an exchange student, be expected to actively take part in lessons? Or will they just go, "Oh, let the poor German adjust to our accent before we press her into anything"?

....I can't imagine anyone read this completely :lmao:

which year are you going into? :blink:

depends on the school but normally about five per day

normally they have a regulated uniform

the students will change classrooms

depends on the school and teachers and also the classes

depends on the school

some of them are, depends on the year.

about the subjects it depends on the teacher

depends on uniform

you can discuss but again depends on teacher and class

depends on school, and seriousness of rules

depends on school but some schools have lockers in hallways for the students

normally it doesn't matter what colour

at my school we have a headteacher's award so in many cases yes

many schools have houses but how important they are depends on the school

sports offered at the school depends on facilities and the school

i think once you've met the students you find out their personalities but depends on strictness of the schools to how expressive they allow the students to be

depends on school rules but i think many allow jewellery as long as it is not OTT

depends on the school but if they do it's at owner's risk and some don't allow them to be listened to in school

many schools allow mobiles... i don't know about any violent video scandals

depends on school but if you want to then don't be afrad to be yourself

depends on the school but i think most do

depends on the school, teachers and classes... in my school we had an exchange student and after a week to adjust they were accepted.

i got bored reading it and then replied :naughty:

just remember DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE YOURSELF AND STAND OUT.

don't sit in a corner and keep to yourself. chances are SOMEONE will be a Mika fan :biggrin2:

where are you going in the UK? :wink2:

which year are you going into? :blink:

depends on the school but normally about five per day

normally they have a regulated uniform

the students will change classrooms

depends on the school and teachers and also the classes

depends on the school

some of them are, depends on the year.

about the subjects it depends on the teacher

depends on uniform

you can discuss but again depends on teacher and class

depends on school, and seriousness of rules

depends on school but some schools have lockers in hallways for the students

normally it doesn't matter what colour

at my school we have a headteacher's award so in many cases yes

many schools have houses but how important they are depends on the school

sports offered at the school depends on facilities and the school

i think once you've met the students you find out their personalities but depends on strictness of the schools to how expressive they allow the students to be

depends on school rules but i think many allow jewellery as long as it is not OTT

depends on the school but if they do it's at owner's risk and some don't allow them to be listened to in school

many schools allow mobiles... i don't know about any violent video scandals

depends on school but if you want to then don't be afrad to be yourself

depends on the school but i think most do

depends on the school, teachers and classes... in my school we had an exchange student and after a week to adjust they were accepted.

i got bored reading it and then replied :naughty:

just remember DON'T BE AFRAID TO BE YOURSELF AND STAND OUT.

don't sit in a corner and keep to yourself. chances are SOMEONE will be a Mika fan :biggrin2:

where are you going in the UK? :wink2:

Nawwww you're just too sweet :huglove: *copies and pastes into Word*

I'm going into year 10, I suppose. At least if they see me fit to attend the same year in Scotland as in Germany :naughty:

I'm going to Dumfries and Galloway ... kind of south Scotland :aah:

And I do hope there's a Mika fan somewhere, but mainly I'll be glad if people talk to me :roftl: At home it's a lot about reputation so since I'm not exactly popular, the popular people dun' speak with me :mf_rosetinted:

Nawwww you're just too sweet :huglove: *copies and pastes into Word*

I'm going into year 10, I suppose. At least if they see me fit to attend the same year in Scotland as in Germany :naughty:

I'm going to Dumfries and Galloway ... kind of south Scotland :aah:

And I do hope there's a Mika fan somewhere, but mainly I'll be glad if people talk to me :roftl: At home it's a lot about reputation so since I'm not exactly popular, the popular people dun' speak with me :mf_rosetinted:

:pinkbow:

Cool! :biggrin2:

*looks on Google* OMFG!!!! http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

You see where you are? go across to Newcastle and then up a little to Morpeth? THAT'S WHERE I AM!!!! :arf2:

probs :biggrin2: and if not you can visit me :biggrin2: i'm not popular but i don't wanna be... you'll find friends :biggrin2: i'd be really excited if i knew an exchange student :naughty:

:pin kbow:

Cool! :big grin2:

*looks on Google* OMFG!!!! http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

You see where you are? go across to Newcastle and then up a little to Morpeth? THAT'S WHERE I AM!!!! :arf2:

probs :biggrin2: and if not you can visit me :biggr in2: i'm not popular but i don't wanna be... you'll find friends :biggrin2: i'd be really excited if i knew an exchange student :naughty:

Wow that's awesome!! :biggrin2::boing: A few of our group are in Cumbria, actually :teehee:

I'd certainly LOVE to visit you ... maybe we could arrange something :teehee:

I've got to go, sorry :sad: But we'll talk again soon!! :bye::huglove:

Wow that's awesome!! :biggrin2::boing: A few of our group are in Cumbria, actually :teehee:

I'd certainly LOVE to visit you ... maybe we could arrange something :teehee:

I've got to go, sorry :sad: But we'll talk again soon!! :bye::huglove:

Maybe if we have time meet in Newcastle or Carlisle or something :biggrin2:

:sad: okies!! Night!!! :huglove:

spent most of the day running after my cousin's little girl so she wouldn't eat gravel of deadhead the flowers :naughty: absolutely adorable :wub2: and she waved the most enthusiastic goddbye to me my Auntie has ever seen!!! :wub2::fangurl: i feel so special! :biggrin2:

Archived