Mika - Sunday Telegraph 15/8/10 - The boy from Beirut

Naectegale

This is the only version of this name-changing story that makes any sense to me - that he was trying to create a better looking logo. I don't know about Brits but Americans would never pronounce "Mica" like "Misha". And Mika is far more likely to be pronounced "Myka", since it looks like Mike.

I agree that the spiky angular story regarding the change makes a lot of sense. Have you heard of a British singer called Mica Paris (pronounced Misha) though? She was popular in the late 80s/early 90s and therefore quite a lot of Brits would tend to pronounced Mica as Misha. Therefore there's a grain of truth in the old explanation for the spelling change :wink2:.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*gets out bike*

i'm off to the 24 hour petrol station to by a copy cos my dad won't drive me :glasses2:

Mika i hope you understand what i do for you! :naughty:

haha :) i did the same thing. i walked there and back to the nearest Tesco store, which was an hour away, to realise they were all sold out.

then i went into a newsagents quite near by, and got the last copy! :mf_rosetinted:

when i got home my mum said gosh i must be a devoted fan to go through all that for him...

if only he realised how much he meant to all of us. :wub2::wub2:

haha :) i did the same thing. i walked there and back to the nearest Tesco store, which was an hour away, to realise they were all sold out.

then i went into a newsagents quite near by, and got the last copy! :mf_rosetinted:

when i got home my mum said gosh i must be a devoted fan to go through all that for him...

if only he realised how much he meant to all of us. :wub2::wub2:

:shocked: we're very dedicated :glasses2:

:thumb_yello: that's why we're here :naughty:

if there aren't any left then that's it :boxed:

:wub2:

Such a nice interview, thanks for posting :flowers2:

Now I'm even more confused about his family's background(s) :naughty: Some days ago I tried to sort it all out, which nations were included and whom belonged to which country and so on. I know that it doesn't matter, but I find it interesting because it's soooo confusing and usually I'm not that bad in things like that. But now I gave up :aah::naughty: Thanks for showing me my weakness :mf_rosetinted::naughty: Far too many countries and far too many people - 158 relatives just in Beirut? :shocked: I've never counted but even if I think I have no small family, I'd be surprised if I had 158 relatives I know anywhere in the world...

Oh :teehee:, very interesting interview. I love it. Thanks for posting and scanning!

I wonder why he's suddenly being so open about all these things, and how he's even talking about his family in such detail. He was always harping on about the whole "my mum is Lebanese" thing, that it's interesting how he is now telling the detail of it: that she wasn't actually born in Lebanon, and not even raised there either, but that his family was very influenced by the Lebanese thing, hence why she and he call themselves Lebanese.

I do love the fact that he finally feels comfortable to talk about all these things openly, and telling them as they are. It's like his sexuality: I like the fact that he's openly saying that he'd fall in love with a man no problem (in fact, he mentions the man before the woman which adds up to my own theories :fisch: ) and that he doesn't get any flack for it. This is how it should be, but it's taken a long time for him to feel like he could say this in public, so I'm happy that he's able to now.

Amen :thumb_yello:

It's testament to just how gradually more open he has become over the past couple of years about his sexuality that this part of the article doesn't even jump out at you, as it might have done at one time, when he was still being rather coy about the whole thing.

He's right..nobody has really batted an eyelid.

Very interesting article, he's quite candid which is nice as it feels like we get a little closer to him now.

And I also think it's good that he just says that he could fall in love with basically anyone. I think that is something very important.

Also the way his parents met, I think is quite romantic:roftl:

Very interesting article, he's quite candid which is nice as it feels like we get a little closer to him now.

And I also think it's good that he just says that he could fall in love with basically anyone. I think that is something very important.

Also the way his parents met, I think is quite romantic:roftl:

VERY romantic :teehee: Or over-romanticized :teehee: Or something.

Not that I am suggesting Mika ever embellishes his stories :mf_rosetinted:

Archived