Mika - Sunday Telegraph 15/8/10 - The boy from Beirut

Naectegale

Omg!!! Mika's dad studied at the American University of Beirut!!! Hhahahah noooooooooooooooo way :roftl:

Ya just can't get enough of Mika can you?

I certainly CANNOT :teehee:

Such an amazing article, I learnt soo much from it!! It's like reading 10 other useless articles!!!

Don't u find it weird that a magazine in the UK was talking about Mika's gig in Lebanon and his personal experience there? That's TOo cool!!

Thankss soo much for posting!!! Clearly, we all LOVED It!!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omg!!! Mika's dad studied at the American University of Beirut!!! Hhahahah noooooooooooooooo way :roftl:

Ya just can't get enough of Mika can you?

I certainly CANNOT :teehee:

Such an amazing article, I learnt soo much from it!! It's like reading 10 other useless articles!!!

Don't u find it weird that a magazine in the UK was talking about Mika's gig in Lebanon and his personal experience there? That's TOo cool!!

Thankss soo much for posting!!! Clearly, we all LOVED It!!

That's the first time I've ever heard The Telegraph called "cool" :roftl: It's meant to be aimed at a very conservative stuffy audience :teehee:

That's the first time I've ever heard The Telegraph called "cool" :roftl: It's meant to be aimed at a very conservative stuffy audience :teehee:

My father-in-law gets it 'for the sport section' :aah: That's what they all say :naughty:. That or 'the crossword' :teehee:.

Hello

Mika is on the front cover of Seven magazine, free with today's Sunday telegraph - focus on his beirut background - nice pics :thumb_yello:

Excellent article, very interesting!

I love it when he speaks about Lebanon.

Hope I can get one copy tomorrow when it is coming out in France...

Thanks a lot for posting! :thumb_yello:

Got it :teehee last one in the shop!

Ditto!!! :aah:

byebye!

:bye

tell me about your success when you return! :naughty:

I GOT IT!!! :boing: I GOT IT!!! :boing: I GOT IT!!! :boing:

you don't know HOW MUCH i went through to get it :roftl:

5 newsagents!!! all closed!!! 2 hills and a lot of cycling! down a very big hill (SOOO much fun!!! :naughty:) and cycling up the same very big hill :aah:

So worth it! :swoon: Love the pic with Sir Ian :lmfao:

and the cashier counted wrong so i got it for 90p instead of £1.90 :teehee: didn't realise till i was nearly home :biggrin2:

you don't know HOW MUCH i went through to get it :roftl:

5 newsagents!!! all closed!!! 2 hills and a lot of cycling! down a very big hill (SOOO much fun!!! :naughty:) and cycling up the same very big hill :aah:

and the cashier counted wrong so i got it for 90p instead of £1.90 :teehee: didn't realise till i was nearly home :biggrin2:

It's funny, the cashier in WH Smiths, tried to charge me £5.85! I pointed at the price on the paper, and he realised he still had the price from the previous transaction on the register:naughty:

It's funny, the cashier in WH Smiths, tried to charge me £5.85! I pointed at the price on the paper, and he realised he still had the price from the previous transaction on the register:naughty:

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

:lmfao: at least you realised!!! (not that you wouldn't :naughty:)

Certainly not :mf_rosetinted:. I was merely suggesting he may at times allegedly be economical with true facts. :mf_rosetinted:

He is just very liberal with the facts. His stories always have a truth in them (in this case, the fact that his mother and father indeed met somehow):mf_rosetinted:

I GOT IT!!! :boing: I GOT IT!!! :boing: I GOT IT!!!

you don't know HOW MUCH i went through to get it

5 newsagents!!! all closed!!! 2 hills and a lot of cycling! down a very big hill (SOOO much fun!!! :naughty:) and cycling up the same very big hill

So worth it! Love the pic with Sir Ian

and the cashier counted wrong so i got it for 90p instead of £1.90 didn't realise till i was nearly home :biggrin2:

YAYAYAYAY!!!! :aah: i'm soo glad you got it!! :mf_lustslow:

and LOL :naughty: how cool was that?! :D 90p!! :thumb_yello:

love it!!! :biggrin2:

and the Sir Ian pic made me LOL

it was worth it though, i agree! :naughty:

we are too mad!

:wub2:

YAYAYAYAY!!!! :aah i'm soo glad you got it!! :mf_lustslow:

and LOL :naughty: how cool was that?! :D 90p!! :thumb_yello:

love it!!! :biggrin2:

and the Sir Ian pic made me LOL

it was worth it though, i agree! :naughty:

we are too mad!

:wub2:

:arf2: :arf2: :arf2:

We are, but let me tell you a secret... All the best people are! :biggrin2::wub2:

you don't know HOW MUCH i went through to get it :rof tl:

5 newsagents!!! all closed!!! 2 hills and a lot of cycling! down a very big hill (SOOO much fun!!! :naughty:) and cycling up the same very big hill :a ah:

and the cashier counted wrong so i got it for 90p instead of £1.90 :teehee: didn't realise till i was nearly home :bigg rin2:

The things us MFCers do :roftl: I actually went over to Waitrose today before I found out about it :aah: nearly missed it then I saw this thread, luckily decided to take a look at it then ended up dragging my sister to the shop with me :roftl: mum said there wouldn't be any left 'cos it was quarter to six, but luckily I found one :sweatdrop:

I agree that the spiky angular story regarding the change makes a lot of sense. Have you heard of a British singer called Mica Paris (pronounced Misha) though?

Oh I have seen her name before but didn't know it was pronounced Misha. I have come across Mica/Micah/Mikas my whole life and they've all been boys and all been pronounced Meeka. My friend dated a Finn named Mica when we were teens. I really wouldn't imagine it would be so difficult. :naughty:

He is just very liberal with the facts. His stories always have a truth in them (in this case, the fact that his mother and father indeed met somehow):mf_rosetinted:

Are we sure they actually met? Any independent corroboration? :original:

I must admit one of mika's stories I didn't doubt was the "American father and Lebanese mother" one. Yet here he's quite convincing about them both being American- with a mother who was born and raised in New York with at least one American parent. I'm really surprised he hasn't said that before an American tour as you'd think it would go down well.

Archived