Mika - Sunday Telegraph 15/8/10 - The boy from Beirut

Naectegale

VERY romantic :teehee: Or over-romanticized :teehee: Or something.

Not that I am suggesting Mika ever embellishes his stories :mf_rosetinted:

Certainly not :mf_rosetinted:. I was merely suggesting he may at times allegedly be economical with true facts. :mf_rosetinted:

Loving your style, sistah :lmfao:

He is just very liberal with the facts. His stories always have a truth in them (in this case, the fact that his mother and father indeed met somehow):mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: Well, for the story to be labelled as some level of truth somehow, you need to stick some fact in it that's true :roftl:.

I must admit one of mika's stories I didn't doubt was the "American father and Lebanese mother" one. Yet here he's quite convincing about them both being American- with a mother who was born and raised in New York with at least one American parent. I'm really surprised he hasn't said that before an American tour as you'd think it would go down well.

Well, I've mentioned a few times that I wasn't convinced about the whole "we're all Lebanese" story but I was nearly stoned for even daring say that :roftl:, so this interview made me happy, as he just openly said it.

I don't understand why he doesn't capitalise on his American connection either. I think that Christine has been saying that for a long time as well; That he really should use it as a selling point in the US.

I guess that he finds the Lebanese story more "romantic" or "interesting", who knows. In any case, no matter how strong the Lebanese influence was in his mum, it's clear that she wasn't raised in a Lebanese culture (as in, living there) and that she spent a very short period actually in it. This is why I've always said that I took the Lebanese influence stories with a pinch of salt, but hey. Whatever makes him happy :blush-anim-cl:. As he said, it's not about what the story IS, but what he thinks it is.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some fact in it that's true :roftl:.[/color]

Well, I've mentioned a few times that I wasn't convinced about the whole "we're all Lebanese" story but I was nearly stoned for even daring say that :roftl:, so this interview made me happy, as he just openly said it.

I don't understand why he doesn't capitalise on his American connection either. I think that Christine has been saying that for a long time as well; That he really should use it as a selling point in the US.

I guess that he finds the Lebanese story more "romantic" or "interesting", who knows. In any case, no matter how strong the Lebanese influence was in his mum, it's clear that she wasn't raised in a Lebanese culture (as in, living there) and that she spent a very short period actually in it. This is why I've always said that I took the Lebanese influence stories with a pinch of salt, but hey. Whatever makes him happy :blush-anim-cl:. As he said, it's not about what the story IS, but what he thinks it is.

I've always posted in agreement with you on that- but I did at least believe that his MOTHER's nationality had some basis in reality.

Silly me :teehee:

I mean, I know Americans like to hyphenate themselves, but he's never even mentioned his mother being American- and I always vaguely assumed his New York relatives were his father's.

Oh I have seen her name before but didn't know it was pronounced Misha. I have come across Mica/Micah/Mikas my whole life and they've all been boys and all been pronounced Meeka. My friend dated a Finn named Mica when we were teens. I really wouldn't imagine it would be so difficult. :naughty:

It's a phonetic minefield! :boxed:

And just to throw another spanner in the works, I used to teach a boy called Micah, and he pronounced it Myka. And yet there's an English footballer called Micah Richards, and some TV commentators pronounce it Myka and others say Meeka.

:dunno::teehee:

Ages since I read an article on Mika like that, where I actually learned something new (about his parents). Thanks for posting.

My in-laws get the Telegraph and my husband is over at their house today so chances are he'll be bringing the magazine back with him saying 'Look who's in the Telegraph!" :naughty: Too late dear, already seen it :naughty:. Nobody beats MFC, nobody :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

That's what I love about this place....whenever anybody says "I saw something about Mika the other day...now what was it?"....I can say, "seen it!!" without hesitation!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

That's what I love about this place....whenever anybody says "I saw something about Mika the other day...now what was it?"....I can say, "seen it!!" without hesitation!! :roftl::roftl::roftl:

My nephew called me the other day and asked me if I knew Mika had a song in ugly betty and I said, "yeah, that's OLD news" :naughty:

Wonderful article! Thank you, girls :blush-anim-cl:

And indeed, there are many new details. Of course, I could not understand some important details through the translation. I'll have to ask. And Mika is very sweet in those breeches:wub2:

Don't worry, the other pics are all known :wink2:

It's this one:

58390803.jpg

I'm sure Ian McKellen is his actual dad. :mf_rosetinted:

Are we sure they actually met? Any independent corroboration? :original:

Well, they must have met at some occasion. Maybe his dad was like: "Oh dear, my long lost son is now a popstar, let's go and see him perform." And then they met and he just patted his mum on her back and said: "He's got that from me":mf_rosetinted:

very interesting article indeed , I'm glad he's being open more and more about himself and his family. Being lebanese myself , I can't but be sensible to what he said about this all lebanese story. I wonder where this cinema once owned by his family is located , And I wonder where he took these awewome pictures...I'm definitely starting having a clearer understanding of his background !

It shivers me , I love what he expresses with his eyes on that cover picture :thumb_yello:

very interesting article indeed , I'm glad he's being open more and more about himself and his family. Being lebanese myself , I can't but be sensible to what he said about this all lebanese story. I wonder where this cinema once owned by his family is located , And I wonder where he took these awewome pictures...I'm definitely starting having a clearer understanding of his background !

It shivers me , I love what he expresses with his eyes on that cover picture :thumb_yello:

I love it when Mika speaks about Lebanon. It becomes so intimate... :wub2:

I found the newspaper in la maison de la presse. They had a few copies left... :thumb_yello:

Archived