2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

@funkycowgirl @ilseh1983

oh yes, I understand what you mean. :wink2:when there are tons of people waiting I don't even queue:naughty:

I only wanted to state that it is not true that he'd prefer to have a conversation with some fans over others just because he knows them. I never saw that happen. In fact, I don't think he wants to see the same faces all the time - whether that be gigs or m&gs. I am absolutely sure he likes to meet and talk to new fans when he has the time.

So good luck for you next time:thumb_yello:

I'm not sure that he doesn't want to see familiar faces.

In Cattolica, he was really happy to see us, and was chatting with us for quite a while, we had quite a laugh with him in fact.

I'm talking about the ones who are quite excitable, and just scream at him, not talk to him. He'll sign stuff, but he does seem to move on quickly to the next person, I've noticed.

And what Treasa and Silver mentioned about him moving along chatting to someone while signing for othere as he does it. I've been on both sides of that, I guess it can be hard for the person wanting to say something to him when he is chatting to someone else, then moving swiftly past them to another person. Especially if it's your first time meeting him. But if you perservere at other gigs, at some point you'll get to chat to him.

I'm sure you are right, that he would love to talk to newer fans, but not that he doesn't want to speak to older ones.

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@funkycowgirl @ilseh1983

oh yes, I understand what you mean. :wink2:when there are tons of people waiting I don't even queue:naughty:

I only wanted to state that it is not true that he'd prefer to have a conversation with some fans over others just because he knows them. I never saw that happen. In fact, I don't think he wants to see the same faces all the time - whether that be gigs or m&gs. I am absolutely sure he likes to meet and talk to new fans when he has the time.

So good luck for you next time:thumb_yello:

Oh, but I'm very happy with my M&G! It wasn't my first, and I got to do what I wanted to, got a nice smile, some sweet words and amazing eye contact in return. seriously, at a M&G like this, that's just amazing. :thumb_yello:

I think he's happy to meet and talk to anyone, as long as they are respectful and friendly.

Oh! Its a shame about the report! But glad you had a good time! When i left Edinburgh, and came back to my home town, my home town felt like a dump compared to Edinburgh. seriously.

Yeah me too! It's a really beautiful city, it's a bit depressing having to leave it.

Were you the Belgian girl I thought had a Scottish accent? :teehee:

Yeah me too! It's a really beautiful city, it's a bit depressing having to leave it.

Were you the Belgian girl I thought had a Scottish accent? :teehee:

nope that's me (i think, somone told me i had a scottish accent anyway :teehee:)

I guess you mean 'senses', not 'knows':wink2:

I had a relatively long conversation with him the first time I ever met him even though he only first saw me on that show, really, so he can't have known me. And it wasn't just me talking, it was a dialogue.

He does not do that. He friendliest and most prejudice free pop star, ever. If fans get too excited or turn numb when seeing him and get focused on the things they want to have signed or the pictures they want to take at m&gs, of course he is not going to talk to them but simply get on with his "job" if he has time for that at all. It is not him who is supposed to initiate a conversation in that situation. If fans don't take their chance, it is only themselves to blame :dunno:

True, however I do consider myself to be very lucky to have come to the point where he seems glad to see me and asks me how I am every time I meet him now. I don't take that for granted and it means a lot to me, especially when he added that about the "you totally went for it" thing, which means he had been watching me:naughty:

And I shall always cherish these moments but in the end, meeting him is an extra, I just go there to have a damn good time!

A link to my Edinburgh photos... hope it works

http://s1005.photobucket.com/albums/af179/MFCerTreasa/Mika%20at%20Edinburgh/

I'm afraid there's quite a lot, hope I don't bore anybody.:teehee:

Treasa! They are the most aswesome collection!!

Thank you for sharing and i love them .... tho it took me ages to look at them all... ah but it was worth it!! The last one on Ingie and my butts sandwhiched between a euphoric Jazzy is classic:teehee:

i filmed the whole concert, but i don't know how my vid looks like though, only thing i know is that one gets seasick they probably shouldn't watch

Wow!! where can we get our drink and pop corn to sit and watch the whole gig..REALLY ..in one go?!:shocked:

True, yet when a M&G happens like it was on Monday (and I'm *very* grateful for it), and you know that he's in a bit of a hurry to get back to the hotel, I don't particularly feel the need to start a whole dialogue with him. I'm just pleased to have met him and to have been able to tell him how much I enjoyed the show. Especially since I had no special project to hand over to him. You know? I guess at other M&G where he's less in a hurry (for instance with the birthday cake in Italy or in Colmar), I'd also feel more inclined to have a proper conversation, given the opportunity.

But he is under all circumstances incredibly sweet and friendly. It's always a joy to meet him, frankly.

Yes i agree and lovely to meet you though i always end i feeling i never speak to everyone enuf!! It's a bit like my wedding ..i worried i didn;t spend enuf time with everyone ... :wink2: Good to meet you

True, I had the chance to give my presents & tell him who they were from (brought some from other fans), ask him for a siggie, tell him how amazing his show was and thank him for it, and he just looked me straight in the eyes, smiled and thanked me like 3 times for that. Yes, I'm that easy to please.

*must try not to think about that moment too long/too often* :teehee:

Think about it all the time :blush-anim-cl:

Hey!

I just got back home last night, I want to go back so bad, Edinburgh is lovely!

I wrote a report and was ready to post it when I was asked to log in again and now it's gone.

But anyway, I have a new found love of all things Mika.

I travelled with my family for a holiday so I was looking forward to escaping to meet up with fans. I am so grateful that MFC exists because there really are no other people who understand how important Mika gigs are. :naughty:

The queue was great in spite of the rain I think, well it was as fun as it could be in that weather. I loved meeting all the people that I didn't know online as well, you are all really nice. I'm trying to remember names...Elizabeth from Italy and Alice from France? It was lovely meeting you two! Everyone I met was lovely, so I won't list you all, but you know who you are.:wub2:

Luke, Ingie and Bubbles, I love you guys! :wub2: You really made the day fly by, can't wait to see ye again. :

I also loved the number system this time, it was really fair and worked really well. I did feel really proud to be on the MFC when I think it was sariflor who explained what was going on before we all went in the venue. It was really nice that the venue allowed it to work as well. It was great to see all the fans had got near the front.

I haven't even mentioned the concert but it was brilliant. I loved every second of it. That was my sixth one and I feel it's been well rounded off now if Mika dissappears for a year. I'm so glad I went! I just love how every song is so euphoric and fun and he can still turn around and do over my shoulder and change the mood. He is just amazing

I'll really miss Edinburgh, the atmosphere with the fringe was so strong, I loved it there!

I've got so much love for the MFC and Mika right now

I have a few pictures I'll post when they're uploaded...though there's only about 3 from the concert.:teehee:

Hello! I think i asked you so many times you name on the forum!! i was a bit manic, excuse me:teehee:

lovely to meet another , new for me, lovely person x

Yeh. It wasnt me XD I was a girl wearing a big fluffy hat.

Now how come we met on Sunday but not Monday!!!!:naughty:

Wow!! where can we get our drink and pop corn to sit and watch the whole gig..REALLY ..in one go?!:shocked:

:

pretty much yes, i think that after about an hour it's stopped for a sec or so which makes it in two parts

but i have,''t seen it myself so i''m not sure what it looks like :blush-anim-cl:

i'm afraid there's a lot of footage where Meeks 's head is missing :aah:

i'm going to watch what it looks like saturday and let you all know how it is and try to upload it asap :wink2:

i'm doing my report on saturday as well i think, but want to say this already, i really like meeting all of you MFC'ers though i think there's still a lot of you i didn't meet monday (but we're so many so i maybe forgiven :teehee:)

I wish I was in Edinburgh again *sigh* ... I'm not gonna do a review ... you've said it all already anyway ... so there's nothing I can add really ... I don't like not knowing when I'm gonna see him again ... :aah:

I wish I was in Edinburgh again *sigh* ... I'm not gonna do a review ... you've said it all already anyway ... so there's nothing I can add really ... I don't like not knowing when I'm gonna see him again ... :aah:

i don't like that either :aah:

No .. it sucks ... big time ... I'm suffering badly from PMD ... majorly ... or maybe it's still enhanced due to you know what so I'm downish anyway ... but :aah: He made me forget again for an hour and a half .... and I forgot to do an Eden report too ... so would just like to add :wink2:

I ****ING LOVE KICK ASS LIVE

Thank you :bow:

Yes i agree and lovely to meet you though i always end i feeling i never speak to everyone enuf!! It's a bit like my wedding ..i worried i didn;t spend enuf time with everyone ... :wink2: Good to meet you

It was great to meet you too but I also feel I didn't spend enough time talking to some people. But as Mika said:there's always a next time! :biggrin2:

Me neither. It's like staring into the abyss.:boxed:

Hello! I think i asked you so many times you name on the forum!! i was a bit manic, excuse me:teehee:

lovely to meet another , new for me, lovely person x

Hey!

Yeah, I asked people for their names a lot too, it's okay. :teehee: It was lovely meeting you too, hope to see you again someday! x :biggrin2:

Teresa, I just looked at your photos now, they're really good! Thanks for sharing. :)

I don't often comment about gigs or meetings with Mika, but I will this time.

Well, he was in a hurry after the gig, but he usually at least says hello to me as I never get anything signed and he knows that.

On Monday though I told him I had some advice to give him.

He kind of grinned and then tried to compose himself, putting on a semi serious face. (Probably because I looked quite serious)

Goodness knows what he thought I was going to say. :teehee:

So anyway, I said my advice is - always do what Sara tells you. :naughty:

Then we all burst out laughing, I think he thought I was going to be critical :lmfao:

Not that I was worried, he can fight his own corner with me when I am critical, as I can attest to. :naughty:

This set up Sara nicely to tell him the usual. But that's her story. :naughty:

I was looking at this thinking "that's a nice pic of the mfcers", and eventually I realised that Mika is in there :doh:

You are a woman after my own heart Nico...............When I looked at that pic I thought that too.................and I was actually on the balcony watching it being taken :roftl:

Thanks again everyone for the great reports etc.

AND I agree wholeheartedly that it is MOST painful when we don't know when we are going to see him again :aah:

Treasa, that one pic of me alone on your first page is hideous, I was defo not having my day:roftl:

I felt very much like Mika and sure Luke felt a little like Katy:aah:

Actually when I first saw it I thought 'I don't remember him':naughty:

Would you like me to remove it?

Treasa, you have some fabulous pictures there, thanks for sharing. It was a great evening wasn't it? :)

Hi:bye:

Yes it was great, in fact I really enjoyed the two days I spent in Edinburgh.

It's a great place and the whole fringe vibe really added to the experience.:thumb_yello:

Hi:bye:

Yes it was great, in fact I really enjoyed the two days I spent in Edinburgh.

It's a great place and the whole fringe vibe really added to the experience.:thumb_yello:

your pics are always faboulus!!! omg!!!:wub2::wub2: