• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I sit and think about that time. There was a lot of optimism and excitement. There was no unemployment, the music was great in the sixties with many of the legends around, like The Beatles and Elvis.

But there were also boys dying in Vietnam, and the hippie movement often got involved in the protests about that war. I think it helped to fuel the movement, especially in America. There was also the assasinations of John F, and Bobbie Kennedy, also Martin Luthor King. Killed because they dreamed of a more equal society and so they were eliminated.

There was also the Cold War, where people thought they were going to be bombed by neuclear weapons at any minute. This also made people turn towards the peace-and-love route.

So there was good stuff at that time, but also bad stuff too, but we do tend to recall the good stuff more than the bad, when we recall the past.

So true :thumb_yello:

I like reading all your reactions about the article ! :blush-anim-cl:

So true :thumb_yello:

I like reading all your reactions about the article ! :blush-anim-cl:

Mika's articles do make you think, don't they! Thinking about trends, they do tend to correspond to the time period where they appear. I think if we did study trends they seem to always be like a counterbalance to a certain era, whether it's a certain party that's in government, or just a need for something that is filled by the latest trend. Then, times change and so does the latest trend.

But, as I commented on the article page, Mika is a wonderful trend that will never go out of date!

Mika's articles do make you think, don't they! Thinking about trends, they do tend to correspond to the time period where they appear. I think if we did study trends they seem to always be like a counterbalance to a certain era, whether it's a certain party that's in government, or just a need for something that is filled by the latest trend. Then, times change and so does the latest trend.

But, as I commented on the article page, Mika is a wonderful trend that will never go out of date!

I hope so :wub2::teehee:

You're right, his articles make think. But it's kind of difficult for non english native speakers to express our mind andour thoughts in english on such serious and interesting topics.

It's not for nothing MFCers invented such words like Mikaish! Mika-style is not just the way of dressing, it's the way of life, of thinking, of perceiving the world.

And the way of feeling & expressing emotions :wub2:

Right. He's some sort of trend himslef. :wub2:

But a lot of people get this fact in the wrong way.:aah:

I also love the part about his creative process. He avoids friends, relationships even shower :lmfao: and gets focus on himself and his songs. The true artist.:wub2:

Right. He's some sort of trend himslef. :wub2:

But a lot of people get this fact in the wrong way.:aah:

I also love the part about his creative process. He avoids friends, relationships even shower :lmfao: and gets focus on himself and his songs. The true artist.:wub2:

stinky Mika :naughty:

He can create his own personal style or trend if you like cos he has great personality and expression.:wub2:

Without that all trends, movements or styles are only empty shelves without human individuality.:wink2:

And I like the article of course.:blush-anim-cl:

I have been thinking about your post and I think it makes sense especially if you consider that he wears designer clothes or accessories, actually, but he makes them his own. He chooses the things he likes anyway, he doesn't just follow the latest fashion or the same designer all the time.

I have been thinking about your post and I think it makes sense especially if you consider that he wears designer clothes or accessories, actually, but he makes them his own. He chooses the things he likes anyway, he doesn't just follow the latest fashion or the same designer all the time.

True, I've always thought that a person did some outfit good and not the opposite.:wink2:

Apart from Louboutin:naughty:

Apart from Louboutin:naughty:

But those shoes are made on purpose for him, aren't they? :blink: The ones he had in Japan the last time he went there are on sale, but Louboutin makes shoes for women, doesn't he? :confused: I'm sorry, I may be mistaken, but I don't care much about fashion and designers. :no: