Very interesting column.

I love how he rightly says the creator of FaceBook has created one of the biggest trends of the century, but stiill dresses like s***:naughty:

He's right, nowadays trend isn't primarily about appearance, it's about content too. I think that trends evolve as time goes on, depending on how people perceive things that come along.

Very interested about his mums brush with the Rolling Stones.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very interesting column.

I love how he rightly says the creator of FaceBook has created one of the biggest trends of the century, but stiill dresses like s***:naughty:

He's right, nowadays trend isn't primarily about appearance, it's about content too. I think that trends evolve as time goes on, depending on how people perceive things that come along.

Very interested about his mums brush with the Rolling Stones.

+1 :naughty:

That was interesting (as it always is, Mika is the born writer:teehee:). The funniest part is when he talks about his dialog with Kanye West. *thinks of a Wonka caption*

As Mika has mentioned somewhere before, he hasn't an own style, he wears what he likes to wear.

My reading of this article is actually the opposite: he lacks the content in trends nowadays they move "too fast to be interesting" , fail to shape art, culture and history.

He makes a point that trend makers are no longer representatives of the counterculture and are no longer passionate about it, which eventually will mean that trends of today are unlikely to stand the test of time.

I agree with that. I have never followed fashion, just did and wore whatever I liked. I still do.:teehee:

Edited by suzie

"Trends without soldiers who care are never going to win the battle against time" ilove his last sentence :wub2:

yes, it is a really great quote

I would never imagine that his mother was a rolling stone´s fan :roftl:

You know, when he first talked about his mum saying to him that he'd either become a criminal or a very famous person one day, I thought that it sounded such a strange association from a mum...

It actually sounded like she had a clear idea of what makes someone a unique person and she saw that in Mika. So it seems that it her having been this early RS advocate where her experience was coming from:naughty:

Edited by suzie

Yep finally they did it! I must confess that yesterday at the 1000th request to upload it they replied me quite upset :roftl:

Going to read it later ;)

Maybe next month we shouldn't harrass them.

They already told Robi, they would post it the first few days of the month, don't want them to get ticked off and not post it at all.

I did tweet them politely too, but perhaps we should let them just do it as they said they would now.

They already told Robi, they would post it the first few days of the month, don't want them to get ticked off and not post it at all.

I did tweet them politely too, but perhaps we should let them just do it as they said they would now.

i agree 100% Rose :thumb_yello:

harassing them, as anyone else in any occasion, is just something annoying and can backfire to the MFC :aah:

i've always asked once, and last time they told me they would upload it EVERY MONTH per default. so i'm not even going to ask in december.

harassing them, as anyone else in any occasion, is just something annoying and can backfire to the MFC :aah:

i've always asked once, and last time they told me they would upload it EVERY MONTH per default. so i'm not even going to ask in december.

Of course, patience is the best choice. :thumb_yello:

i agree 100% Rose :thumb_yello:

Just to be clear I didn't harrass them, I've been very very polite, I said it just for kidding, I didn't asked a 1000 times but mine request it would have probably been the 1000th they received in that sense I meant, I'm always very polite even if I want to scream the World out.

But knowing very well Italian abitudes I hope next time they didn't take 2 weeks to upload the original version :mf_rosetinted:

Btw I read it and it seems time time by time the column are always well written, bravo Mika! :biggrin2: