Yes, it is for real. Doggyandi shared this with us on the Hungarian thread a month ago or so :teehee:

hahah wooow whose book is this?! i wish i learned from it :aah:
:shocked: I've got some of these books! Which level and edition is it?

The book's title is SOLUTIONS and it is the Upper Intermediate part. Here is the cover:

http://www.oup.hu/images/solupperintcov.jpg

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh my! This is classic!!!

"Hannah loves Mika. This is why she bought tickets for his concert" :roftl:. I wonder if one of the people involved in the book was a Mika fan. It seems way too random otherwise. Otherwise they could have just used a typical icon like Madonna or something like that :wink2:.

ok, I can't pretend any longer...sorry to spoil what the blog will be all about :blush-anim-cl:

- if you don't want to know before it comes out, read no further :mf_rosetinted:

It's that Mika is now featuring in ESL books and he insisted on me being part of the example on the conditional tutorial :pinkbow: - see Excercise 5. 3

58114_1386098575537_1324225878_30882386_7764462_n.jpg

oh :doh: i just got it! :lmfao:

7.00am :yay:

Wake up Italy!!!.. we're waiting for Mika's new column...

oh you're not patient :naughty: too early morning to upload new column for them:aah:

I think we have to wait more than a week too read the original english ver.....:boxed:

Mika with all his passion....

tells Italians off 'cause we do not rebel enough to Mr Berlusconi and his government, and to his poor policy towards Education.

the little part on the right says 'Mika is not detached from actuality'.

loads for discussion, especially for us Italians!

the english version will be online as soon as they can, and surely will. so be patient!

Scan001.pdf

i have to say that Mika's column must have been written some weeks ago.

Students and loads of people have been demonstrating for days everywhere...on the streets, in the Universities and climbing any worldwide famous monument.

PISA

Protestas_Italia_reforma_universitaria.jpg

ROMA

studenti.jpg

FIRENZE

20101127_duomo.jpg

tells Italians off 'cause we do not rebel enough to Mr Berlusconi and his government, and to his poor policy towards Education.

the english version will be online as soon as they can, and surely will. so be patient!

Grazie Robi! Bravo Mika!! Very well written. Like Robi said, students, teachers and researchers have been protesting all over Italy during the last few days especially, against a new proposed education law - occupying monuments, university buildings, blocking train lines. I'm looking forward to getting my copy at lunch :biggrin2:

Thanks Robi:flowers2:

This must be a very interesting article. The issue of education is really widely discussed not only in Italy at the moment but in the UK as well.

Can't wait to read the original version too.

Edited by Louiza

mika with all his passion....

Tells italians off 'cause we do not rebel enough to mr berlusconi and his government, and to his poor policy towards education.

The little part on the right says 'mika is not detached from actuality'.

Loads for discussion, especially for us italians!

The english version will be online as soon as they can, and surely will. So be patient!

yes!

oh you're not patient :naughty: too early morning to upload new column for them:aah:

I think we have to wait more than a week too read the original english ver.....:boxed:

:aah: You see.. we didn't wait too long for the original version :thumb_yello:

Now the hardest part is to come :boxed: .. waiting for the original version

But promise, I will be patient :thumb_yello:

QUICK 'N' DIRTY TRANSLATION . . .

Italian thief of dreams

BY STUDENTS IN REVOLT

Dear Prime Minister,

We are writing because we feel the need and duty, as students and citizens, to explain what happened yesterday.

Grant us, I hope, this premise: Many students attending the event not only have never set foot in a community center but also have excellent media could submit more than one book, but will not do it because we know who we are and this enough.

But back to the end of this letter and we do it with a question so many times that she will be placed, because these people-students, workers, artists, etc.-occur? Usually the answer is that the riots were riots in the "belly" of starvation, due to the global economic crisis. Certainly. But allow us to illustrate another point of view and we do it through the words of one historian Edward Palmer Thompson, in this essay that we quote, reflects on the popular revolts of the eighteenth century England "(...) It 'true that the riots were triggered by skyrocketing prices, from abuses by retailers, from hunger. But these complaints were acting within the popular conception that defined the legitimacy of the ways el'illegittimità engaged in trade, the milling of wheat, making bread, etc.. And this conception, in turn, was rooted in a strong traditional view of the obligations and social norms of proper economic functions of the respective parties within the community, which, taken together, constitute the moral economy of the poor. An offense against these moral principles, no less than an actual state of deprivation, it was the usual incentive for immediate action. "

The last quote, slogan-a charge that turned the peasants in the eighteenth century the millers, the "bad weather" Because before he stole but courteously, but now is a thief outrageously.

Do not misunderstand us. We are not accusing his government of being a thief outrageously, we accuse the whole of Italy to be. Our country has become a thief of dreams, hope and truth.

We acknowledge even our mothers and our fathers who continue to defend ourselves from the world, from the internet and facebook and have not yet realized that the real danger in recent years they, their inability to critique, their inability to want.

We condemn the indifference because we believe that the quality of a company is inversely proportional to the indifferent.

And finally we condemn ourselves for not being good enough to make clear the evidence. The evidence is this: we are the next generation of casual or better, we're going to swell the ranks of what we call "the class of temporary workers." Just as the Industrial Revolution produced the working class, revolutionary par excellence, here that this system in which speculation has resulted in the exploitation, has caused the emergence of a new revolutionary class, whose members are not the "structures", but whose ties are based on relationships and on the same human condition.

She teaches us that a man can change a country, we fortunately are thousands, perhaps millions.

She certainly understands what we're saying. We will give you a tip, from which we are fools. What we should fear most is the public welfare, or that feeling as old as the French Revolution, which says something like: man understands to be a man only when it is moving, and it turns out this fun, pleasure, pure, of being together. Public happiness. The rest is silence and a guilty feeling of restless boredom. Yesterday for the first time round. What I saw was not crazy, but precisely happiness. Collective happiness.

And this time we know for sure that she will understand.

Sincerely.

Elisa Albanians

Assembly of occupied beds.

Posted Thursday, December 2, 2010 at 10:14 in the category movement.

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

Edited by A. Clay

thanks Alice :wink2:

i want to point out that this is not Mika's column, but an open letter to Mr. Berlusconi by the University students who are demonstrating these days.

XL repubblica has published it this morning using their FB/twitter accounts.

thanks Alice :wink2:

i want to point out that this is not Mika's column, but an open letter to Mr. Berlusconi by the University students who are demonstrating these days.

XL repubblica has published it this morning using their FB/twitter accounts.

Yes, so is a MIKA column still expected as well?