Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not losing interest!

And he did say he was working on other projects, what makes you think this pic isn't related to that?

Okay he hasn't elaborated whether it is or not, but it's obviously for something, and I think it's too early for it to be anything to do with the new album.

I enjoy the random tweets, and he's not the only artist to talk randomly while making new music. Calvin Harris does it too. Maybe it's their way of relieving stress while their working. Who knows?

As for other people tweeting about what he's doing, that's up to them. Maybe he'd rather they didn't, but he can't force them not to tweet what they are doing with their day, but if he doesn't want to disclose what he's up to just yet, it's his choice.

Tptally agree!!! :thumb_yello:

I really could care less what he does or doesn't say. He's still Mika, and he's still making music, and without his music, none of us would probably even know him, and without knowing him, we wouldn't care enough to be here. It should be about the music first, then him, not what he posts (or doesn't) on websites. Any. Even his own. Yeah, sure mikasounds.com is the first place fans go, but it has enough stuff there to catch their attention. Would you rather he just fall off the face of the Earth? :boxed:

I'm happy he tweets sometimes. I don't mind it's random, it's always good to read a few words :wub2:

But what I really look forward to is vlogs and interviews where he tells more about his new music, gives us some background, describes his new songs etc. I'm sure he wants to share something later, when he feels he is ready to do it :biggrin2:

I'm happy he tweets sometimes. I don't mind it's random, it's always good to read a few words :wub2:

But what I really look forward to is vlogs and interviews where he tells more about his new music, gives us some background, describes his new songs etc. I'm sure he wants to share something later, when he feels he is ready to do it :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello: He did say he couldn't wait to share it with us. That DOES mean he wants to, he just can't, as it's probably not prepared enough yet. :original:

It's okay Mika! Make it even better than it is now! We'll wait! :biggrin2::wink2:

I enjoy the random tweets, and he's not the only artist to talk randomly while making new music. Calvin Harris does it too. Maybe it's their way of relieving stress while their working. Who knows?

Calvin is clever and funny. This is not IMO. I am an adult and am not entertained by obscure references to children's stories about bears and bees nor clowns.

Let him post what he wants to post and write ok? of course you may be disappointed, annoyed or whatever, it’s your right but expecting him to do what you want him to do is just…..

No one is telling him to behave how they want. As you just said yourself we are expressing our disappointment and annoyance, so I don't understand your point.

It's nice that there are a handful of people here who are not losing interest in reading a couple of lines of nonsense every once in awhile, but there are plenty of others who have gotten bored and moved on. I stuck with him through the last hiatus because he was writing blogs and making vlogs about new music. If he is just going to tweet nonsense about bees and drop vague hints about things that probably have nothing to do with his album for the next 12 months...I mean seriously?? :blink:

Calvin is clever and funny. This is not IMO. I am an adult and am not entertained by obscure references to children's stories about bears and bees nor clowns.

No one is telling him to behave how they want. As you just said yourself we are expressing our disappointment and annoyance, so I don't understand your point.

It's nice that there are a handful of people here who are not losing interest in reading a couple of lines of nonsense every once in awhile, but there are plenty of others who have gotten bored and moved on. I stuck with him through the last hiatus because he was writing blogs and making vlogs about new music. If he is just going to tweet nonsense about bees and drop vague hints about things that probably have nothing to do with his album for the next 12 months...I mean seriously?? :blink:

See, this is the whole "we say he's changed but we still expect him to do the things he used to".

Agree with both points.

But this clown thingie scares me :no:

Electroclown? Or electropop bee? *shivers*

Agree with both points.

But this clown thingie scares me :no:

Electroclown? Or electropop bee? *shivers*

Lol, I was hoping the clown has something to do with his other projects, not his new music. A photo shooting or something... It was a stylish clown, but a bit scary, I admit :teehee:

He can really post what he wants,...and if it`s a clown:dunno: it allright with me:biggrin2: (thouigh I had hoped for a link for La Repubblica)

IT`s allready nice from him to share any information with us at all... though I don`t understand much of what he writes^^

it`s just good to hear somethinkg from time to time

+1 :thumb_yello:

Your patience and forgivingness is unbelievable! Happy for you!:thumb_yello:

:roftl:

It's disappointing. It would be so nice to just hear a little of what he's doing and how the new music is coming. What he is doing in the different countries he's visiting and why. Especially what he's doing in Stockholm:roftl:of course!

We have a lot of really good music-people, both artists and with other functions in the industry, I wonder if he is co-operating with some of them?:wink2:

The funny thing is that newbies and not-so-newbies seem to be much more more patient than the old fans during the drought :naughty:

I'm not losing interest!

As for other people tweeting about what he's doing, that's up to them. Maybe he'd rather they didn't, but he can't force them not to tweet what they are doing with their day, but if he doesn't want to disclose what he's up to just yet, it's his choice.

Agree with you Rose :thumb_yello:

What I find strange is that we say all over the place that Mika changed over the years and blabla yet we expect him to use the same media or do the same things he did before...:blink:

Very true. Ultimately it's up to him to manage his communication like he wants during the drought.. :thumb_yello:

Lol, I was hoping the clown has something to do with his other projects, not his new music. A photo shooting or something... It was a stylish clown, but a bit scary, I admit :teehee:

Didn't we heard something about making Circus music with Empire of the Sun in Montreal? :blink:

Not sure.. I'm quite confused with all those tweets from other people :teehee:

But if yes, perhaps it has to do something with it :dunno:

I hope not! Setting aside Mika's blink-and-you-miss-him appearance in that other boring Loubitan comercial, I've been dreading that his new "projects" would be things like that.

Me, too. :cool:

Things that are of absolutely no interest to the mainstream cd-buying public, or limited edition things that are only available in posh shops.

I know no one wants Mika to be too mainstream, but he does need to be less exclusive.

He might enjoy such projects and be happy to get several pairs of shoes in return but he can't seriously think his fans find it the least bit relevant or even entertaining.

When I went in to a Swedish music shop to buy one if his albums the employee said to me: This Mika guy, he was the clown in his school right, wasn't he? (clown of the class, not sure how you say it it English)

I didn't know what to say...:blink:

The general public learns about artists via the media and in 99 per

cent of cases it is in the form of official pictures and music videos.

If Mika presents himself as a clown, this is the image people will have of him. You can't change that. :dunno:

this is how his random tweets makes ME feel sometimes:

it's like looking at someone else's photo album by yourself, where it simply says who is on the picture, without details.

ie: Paul & I

what i would like it to say: Paul & I, jamming together for the new album.

If he had posted the clown pic and wrote: Taken this morning, for comic relief, i would have been satisfied.

i just need a little more Mika, just a tad! :naughty:

i know it's not about ME being happy at all, i'm just expressing what i find lacks in his tweets. i do like his random tweets, but i wish there was a few more informative ones from time to time to keep me guessing! :blush-anim-cl:

it's like looking at someone else's photo album by yourself, where it simply says who is on the picture, without details.

If he had posted the clown pic and wrote: Taken this morning, for comic relief, i would have been satisfied.

i know it's not about ME being happy at all, i'm just expressing what i find lacks in his tweets. i do like his random tweets, but i wish there was a few more informative ones from time to time to keep me guessing! :blush-anim-cl:

agreed:thumb_yello:

The funny thing is that newbies and not-so-newbies seem to be much more more patient than the old fans during the drought :naughty:

it's like a marriage.... 6 months into it, you still find it cute when he leaves his socks on the floor & you lovingly pick them up.... after 25 years, you tell him to pick them up in a not so happy way :naughty:

it's like a marriage.... 6 months into it, you still find it cute when he leaves his socks on the floor & you lovingly pick them up.... after 25 years, you tell him to pick them up in a not so happy way :naughty:

quoting myself here.... :naughty:

you still love your husband.... but those little things annoy you :aah:

You are probably right :naughty:

We still look at him with the lenient eyes of a brand new love :wub2:

But love without mercy and forgiveness is not love anymore :wink2:

I agree, once I told almost the same.

One year of craziness (besides of several years of simply being a his Music fan) - but I'm still blind as a newbie :naughty: and don't want to change.

I'm phylisophical about socks under bed ;)

But love without mercy and forgiveness is not love anymore :wink2:

And love without reciprocity is not love either. If Mika neglects his fans then many of them will neglect him right back.

An argument about this on MFC is rather pointless because as Violet has indicated, when you feel this way you can't even be arsed to defend your point. The people who are dissatisfied don't even bother coming here anymore to talk about it.

Lol, I think it goes just another way. 15 years ago some tiny things annoyed me (well, not much), but now I think "this is how he is, I'm so lucky" :wub2: Or maybe it's me :aah: Maybe I have relaxed a bit since I got married :roftl:

I think I'm quite patient with Mika too, but I admit, I would LOVE to hear some real news :wink2:

That is because the newbies he attracts nowadays are different from his 2007 fanbase..:wink2:

..and this is exactly the reason why some of his long-term fans are slightly annoyed by his nonsense talk.

I am used to him talking about more serious subjects in a more complex way than the random nonsense he tweets nowadays. Of course I have the patience to wait for his third album whether he tweets or not. However, some of his tweets and replies are really shallow and without much content. What I don't understand is how he always puts so much effort into promoting his music in a creative way yet he misses the opportunity that lies in twitter or even in his own website. This is not the way to keep a high profile in a business where you need to fight for getting enough media coverage and airplay..etc...

I wholeheartedly agree with you. For me personally it's not about how often Mika tweets. I know he's really busy and he's also got his sister ill in hospital so I completely understand that he doesn't tweet much.

But when he does tweet, like you, I'd like him to not be quite so cryptic. It could be that the clown photo is for Comic Relief, but why didn't he just write that? Or just write something like "New music going well", just so we'd have something tangiable to talk about?

But of course, we can't have it both ways. We love Mika's quirky nature most of the time and we should just accept that Mika is Mika, and wait for him to tell us in his own good time.

19 years of life together and I still pick up my husband's socks by myself :naughty:

You see.. Mika has still plenty of leeway.. I'm a very patient girl :naughty:

I agree, once I told almost the same.

One year of craziness (besides of several years of simply being a his Music fan) - but I'm still blind as a newbie :naughty: and don't want to change.

I'm phylisophical about socks under bed ;)

Love is blind.. & beautiful :mf_lustslow:

And love without reciprocity is not love either. If Mika neglects his fans then many of them will neglect him right back.

An argument about this on MFC is rather pointless because as Violet has indicated, when you feel this way you can't even be arsed to defend your point. The people who are dissatisfied don't even bother coming here anymore to talk about it.

You're right Christine.. not about feeling neglected.. I don't :teehee: .. but about the pointless thing.

We all have our personal way to feel his doings :thumb_yello:

And far from me the idea of arguing with you :wink2:

Well, hello, I'm here :biggrin2:

+1 :thumb_yello:

Archived