Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

I am used to him talking about more serious subjects in a more complex way than the random nonsense he tweets nowadays. Of course I have the patience to wait for his third album whether he tweets or not. However, some of his tweets and replies are really shallow and without much content. What I don't understand is how he always puts so much effort into promoting his music in a creative way yet he misses the opportunity that lies in twitter or even in his own website. This is not the way to keep a high profile in a business where you need to fight for getting enough media coverage and airplay..etc...

I agree, and why it happens really goes beyond my understanding. I actually like his randomness, and I don't want him to be too business-like, but a simple but informative web page and some personal effort (blogs, vlogs, some updates) would be so easy to do and very good promotion to his music at the same time.

(edit: sorry my very bad English in the first sentence :teehee: )

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, and it really goes beyond my understanding. I actually like his randomness, and I don't want him to be too business-like, but a simple but informative web page and some personal effort (blogs, vlogs, some updates) would so easy to do and very good promotion for his music at the same time.

Agree. I just would like to add that, IMO, randomness is nice, but in the right moment. And I really don't want him to become business-like all the time, but this is his job and, in one way or another, he has to work with people that are worried about music as a business.

You are probably right :naughty:

We still look at him with the lenient eyes of a brand new love :wub2:

But love without mercy and forgiveness is not love anymore :wink2:

perhaps newbies is the wrong term.... how about the "honeymooners"

(see the word honey from bees is in there :roftl:)

Lol, I think it goes just another way. 15 years ago some tiny things annoyed me (well, not much), but now I think "this is how he is, I'm so lucky" :wub2: Or maybe it's me :aah: Maybe I have relaxed a bit since I got married :roftl:

I think I'm quite patient with Mika too, but I admit, I would LOVE to hear some real news :wink2:

good point! The same here! After 12 years of marriage I became phylosophycal and abut careless :)

men are like kids, evensuccessful and bossy. That's why I look at Mika as at my son sometimes, and that's why I'm so patient.

I like this idea! A honeymooner can be not only newbie ;)

Yes I think honeymooners is more accurate than newbies. :teehee:

The bloom is definitely off the rose with me and Mika. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual :lmfao: I guess that is what is bothering me to be honest. I feel like he is going for the easy win but I think that will be harmful to him in the long run, especially as younger fans grow up. Mika had a lot of early disciples, smart people his own age who believed in what he was doing and I think it's sad to see them moving away because Mika is not moving forward, or worse, regressing IMO.

Maybe Mika will always keep his fanbase in other countries but what he is doing is never going to work in the English speaking world and that's why all of his peers who were his fans in 2007 are now becoming big stars while he struggles to get airplay in the UK and US. If that works for him and he enjoys it then it's not for me to tell him to do any different.

But it is such a different direction than I had hoped he would go and I don't see me being excited about his career or able to get involved as I was a couple of years ago. I can't invest so much time in someone who only comes to N. America once every 3 years. I can't follow his career if all his interviews are dubbed and translated. Instead of writing blogs he is now writing articles for a magazine that is translated to Italian.

I know that sounds very ethnocentric but the UK and North America were 2 of his top 3 markets in the LICM era and I just don't think he's appealing to so many of his original fans anymore.

Yes I think honeymooners is more accurate than newbies. :teehee:

The bloom is definitely off the rose with me and Mika. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual :lmfao: I guess that is what is bothering me to be honest. I feel like he is going for the easy win but I think that will be harmful to him in the long run, especially as younger fans grow up. Mika had a lot of early disciples, smart people his own age who believed in what he was doing and I think it's sad to see them moving away because Mika is not moving forward, or worse, regressing IMO.

Maybe Mika will always keep his fanbase in other countries but what he is doing is never going to work in the English speaking world and that's why all of his peers who were his fans in 2007 are now becoming big stars while he struggles to get airplay in the UK and US. If that works for him and he enjoys it then it's not for me to tell him to do any different.

But it is such a different direction than I had hoped he would go and I don't see me being excited about his career or able to get involved as I was a couple of years ago. I can't invest so much time in someone who only comes to N. America once every 3 years. I can't follow his career if all his interviews are dubbed and translated. Instead of writing blogs he is now writing articles for a magazine that is translated to Italian.

I know that sounds very ethnocentric but the UK and North America were 2 of his top 3 markets in the LICM era and I just don't think he's appealing to so many of his original fans anymore.

That's true, and it's what I worry about with the "new projects" British and American fans are not going to bother that he has a shoe named after him, or that he's been in Loubi's comercials. He has a waxwork in France and a column in Italy. But I'm with you on this... He doesn't seem to be appealing to his original British fanbase with these types of things and he ought to do that.

It was after I heard Love Today on the radio that I became a fan of his. Now he's never even mentioned on Radio One (unless someone's heard something I haven't) let alone getting his records played. Airplay on radio 2 is not going to sell his singles and give him that elusive hit record that would get him talked about again.

Tbh, a few days ago, when there were rumours of him singing with Jessie J I was wildly excited! She's the woman of the moment in Britain and the song would have been a hit!! It would have got peeps interested in him again!! I was gutted when I knew it wasn't true.

I just hope and pray that when we do hear some news from Mika, it will be about something that will get him back on top, here in Britain, and hopefully in America too. Not something that will only appeal to a few people in some far off land, or people looking for expensive shoes.

Btw, I love the name Honeymooners!

That's true, and it's what I worry about with the "new projects" British and American fans are not going to bother that he has a shoe named after him, or that he's been in Loubi's comercials. He has a waxwork in France and a column in Italy. But I'm with you on this... He doesn't seem to be appealing to his original British fanbase with these types of things and he ought to do that.

It was after I heard Love Today on the radio that I became a fan of his. Now he's never even mentioned on Radio One (unless someone's heard something I haven't) let alone getting his records played. Airplay on radio 2 is not going to sell his singles and give him that elusive hit record that would get him talked about again.

Tbh, a few days ago, when there were rumours of him singing with Jessie J I was wildly excited! She's the woman of the moment in Britain and the song would have been a hit!! It would have got peeps interested in him again!! I was gutted when I knew it wasn't true.

I just hope and pray that when we do hear some news from Mika, it will be about something that will get him back on top, here in Britain, and hopefully in America too. Not something that will only appeal to a few people in some far off land, or people looking for expensive shoes.

Btw, I love the name Honeymooners!

WE need to think about a name for the step when you are no longer a honeymooner:wink2:

I can't see that myself. She has a great voice so I'd rather she sang a duet with George Michael who actually likes her and their voices would match perfectly.

As for Mika singing a duet with someone, I am not that keen - it all depends on the song and the singer.

However, I don't think he needs to sing with someone in order to get more publicity. The song Grace Kelly was the perfect song to launch him and the singles that followed were good enough to keep public interest in him. It worked for the first album, so ideally, if he writes a brilliant 3rd album he is there again.

Using social media properly would help him enormously though.

These days he manages very successfully to both bore and annoy me at the same time. :dunno: I've never been here for the music only and now this is just very dissatisfactory, if not even disappointing.

I have had a quick read and don't have time to comment either, but this post seemed to pretty much illustrate my own feelings too. And what Christine and Suzie have been saying as well......

I can't see that myself. She has a great voice so I'd rather she sang a duet with George Michael who actually likes her and their voices would match perfectly.

As for Mika singing a duet with someone, I am not that keen - it all depends on the song and the singer.

However, I don't think he needs to sing with someone in order to get more publicity. The song Grace Kelly was the perfect song to launch him and the singles that followed were good enough to keep public interest in him. It worked for the first album, so ideally, if he writes a brilliant 3rd album he is there again.

Using social media properly would help him enormously though.

I'm not keen at all. To tell the truth, I was really disappointed to hear the earlier rumor and relieved to read it was not true :blush-anim-cl: I'm sure there are combinations I would love in the end, but I would rather not see him doing duets just for promotion.

I am since last night convinced that he was gonna tweet :teehee:

It's the first time I'm sure about that and it happened :teehee:

First, I couldn't see the pic and sui showed it too me. My first impression was :shocked: totally, but then I looked at it again and I love it :wub2:

I seemed weird to me that he posted it, doesn't look like a pic he would post.

And it did remind me of the Louboutins thing, which made it more weird, why is he dressed (ok, undressed :aah:) as a clown again? :dunno:

And yeah, I hate it too that he goes around with the random tweets being all misterious/whatever. I want to know what he is really doing, I want to know he's working on the album.

But I do like the fact that he tweets, no matter what it is :wub2:

Archived