Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he never really had a love affair with twitter to start with :naughty:

i didn't read the posts he got on twitter yesterday about the clown.

i guess lots didn't like?

whatever we do, is usually in mass. so if we compliment him, he gets lots of compliments.... if we don't, then he gets lots of criticism as well.

the first one is always easier to accept, that's for sure.

he always mentions that people either love it or hate it. :dunno:

i guess that was one of those times.

i'm still anxiously waiting for album number 3 + tour! :wub2:

goooooooooooo Mika :yay:

But of course, we can't have it both ways. We love Mika's quirky nature most of the time and we should just accept that Mika is Mika,

I totally agree with this sentence. :thumb_yello:

Maybe Mika will always keep his fanbase in other countries but what he is doing is never going to work in the English speaking world and that's why all of his peers who were his fans in 2007 are now becoming big stars while he struggles to get airplay in the UK and US. If that works for him and he enjoys it then it's not for me to tell him to do any different.

I suppose in a way, to me it just sort of seems a bit of a waste as I believe that he has such incredible talent - and this is very much under recognised...certainly in the UK and the US anyway. However, as you say, it seems that he is happy to go in other directions at the moment.

Maybe he will change direction again in the future.

Doesn't really matter to me to be honest. I do love to hear him get radio play but what I feel about him isn't based on how the rest of the world views him.

he never really had a love affair with twitter to start with :naughty:

i didn't read the posts he got on twitter yesterday about the clown.

i guess lots didn't like?

whatever we do, is usually in mass. so if we compliment him, he gets lots of compliments.... if we don't, then he gets lots of criticism as well.

the first one is always easier to accept, that's for sure.

he always mentions that people either love it or hate it. :dunno:

i guess that was one of those times.

i'm still anxiously waiting for album number 3 + tour! :wub2:

goooooooooooo Mika :yay:

Woo! :punk: For some reason, I have always like things he does, weird or not, different or not. Because he is still him, and he's awesome :punk:

Woo! :punk: For some reason, I have always like things he does, weird or not, different or not. Because he is still him, and he's awesome :punk:

+1!!! I don't think there's much he could do that I wouldn't like. Except for, like, if he killed someone, I wouldn't like that :aah:

Yes I think honeymooners is more accurate than newbies. :teehee:

The bloom is definitely off the rose with me and Mika. And I'm sure the feeling is mutual :lmfao: I guess that is what is bothering me to be honest. I feel like he is going for the easy win but I think that will be harmful to him in the long run, especially as younger fans grow up. Mika had a lot of early disciples, smart people his own age who believed in what he was doing and I think it's sad to see them moving away because Mika is not moving forward, or worse, regressing IMO.

Maybe Mika will always keep his fanbase in other countries but what he is doing is never going to work in the English speaking world and that's why all of his peers who were his fans in 2007 are now becoming big stars while he struggles to get airplay in the UK and US. If that works for him and he enjoys it then it's not for me to tell him to do any different.

But it is such a different direction than I had hoped he would go and I don't see me being excited about his career or able to get involved as I was a couple of years ago. I can't invest so much time in someone who only comes to N. America once every 3 years. I can't follow his career if all his interviews are dubbed and translated. Instead of writing blogs he is now writing articles for a magazine that is translated to Italian.

I know that sounds very ethnocentric but the UK and North America were 2 of his top 3 markets in the LICM era and I just don't think he's appealing to so many of his original fans anymore.

I agree with your post, Christine.

And love without reciprocity is not love either. If Mika neglects his fans then many of them will neglect him right back.

An argument about this on MFC is rather pointless because as Violet has indicated, when you feel this way you can't even be arsed to defend your point. The people who are dissatisfied don't even bother coming here anymore to talk about it.

I think in few weeks all of this will be forgotten and you know why girls because he has already "take care" of you, few months/years ago... As far as I can read here from the old fan base a lot of you had a chance to meet him, and to sometimes took part of secrets gigs or secrets projects ;) Some of you had some answers back form him from his myspace few years ago, or even on twitter, he wear some gifts some of you had offer to him... He knows his hardcore fans, so just be patient... I don't think he has forgotten also his fans from the UK, or even in the United States, but as you know sometimes it is hard to have your tracks on the radio because they prefer to put the records of more commercials ones (and that's right that the Mika's pop does not sounds like the commercial one ;)) and so the records do not sell a lot... Sorry for my english I don't know if you can understand my thoughts ;)

I hope he will make a blog soon to show us what he was doing during the time where he was preparing his third album...

I can understand that it is disappointed to have just little infos on twitter, but I think it is like puzzle's pieces and that soon we will see the all picture ;) I hope so :wub2::teehee::blush-anim-cl:

I think in few weeks all of this will be forgotten and you know why girls because he has already "take care" of you, few months/years ago... As far as I can read here from the old fan base a lot of you had a chance to meet him, and to sometimes took part of secrets gigs or secrets projects ;) Some of you had some answers back form him from his myspace few years ago, or even on twitter, he wear some gifts some of you had offer to him... He knows his hardcore fans, so just be patient... I don't think he has forgotten also his fans from the UK, or even in the United States, but as you know sometimes it is hard to have your tracks on the radio because they prefer to put the records of more commercials ones (and that's right that the Mika's pop does not sounds like the commercial one ;)) and so the records do not sell a lot... Sorry for my english I don't know if you can understand my thoughts ;)

I hope he will make a blog soon to show us what he was doing during the time where he was preparing his third album...

I can understand that it is disappointed to have just little infos on twitter, but I think it is like a piece of puzzle and that soon we will see the all picture ;) I hope so :wub2::teehee::blush-anim-cl:

I totally agree! :biggrin2:

+1!!! I don't think there's much he could do that I wouldn't like. Except for, like, if he killed someone, I wouldn't like that :aah:

Probably I will not like if he kills somebody but I will understand :teehee: ...With the rest I can't be objective...

I can understand that it is disappointed to have just little infos on twitter, but I think it is like puzzle's pieces and that soon we will see the all picture ;) I hope so :wub2::teehee::blush-anim-cl:

Well somehow I used to ballance between love and disappointment in Mika.:aah: I've been going through these opposite affections several times and step by step I've lost my interest in what he'd say on his OWN Twitter :dunno: He doesn't write lovely blogs like before, so I didn't bother with his tweeting practice anymore.

It's obvious to me that he doesn't use it in a professional way like many other artists or to keep in touch with his fans constantly. I can understand him and hence can be able to forget about him till the moment he comes up with some real and serious updates. And he always does, bringing a lot of happiness to me eventually.:biggrin2:

And yes, from this point of view, the direction of his career seems quite different from that one in 2007 and 2008. I'm not satisfied with the fact that he might have lost his priorities in the UK or USA.

Mika started moaning in 2009 that he hated Twitter so I am not going to put too much stock in Twitter Bitter. :rolls_eyes:

I do love to hear him get radio play but what I feel about him isn't based on how the rest of the world views him.

That's a lot easier to accept when you live within easy and cheap travelling distance from Paris. What the rest of the world thinks costs me a fortune if I ever want to see him live.

I think in few weeks all of this will be forgotten and you know why girls because he has already "take care" of you, few months/years ago...

I don't think so. It's nothing personal for me at all.

Well somehow I used to ballance between love and dissapointment in Mika.:aah: I've been going through these opposite affections several times

I know that too :naughty: but I am in a good moon this time so I wanted to share my positives vibes with you all (it's not all the time :roftl: so cheers :biggrin2:)

Mika is like "les montagnes russes" up and down it is really disappointed sometimes :roftl:

Probably I will not like if he kills somebody but I will understand :teehee: ...With the rest I can't be objective...

Haha I would never dare to say it earlier, but I had thought about it... if he killed someone, there could be a good reason :wink2: and I would think about his motives and excuses in such case at once (instead of turning off) :aah:

Okay, I can be arsed.

When I say I'm bored and annoyed by Mika these days, disillusioned and disappointed, then I am well aware that I am moaning on a high level. I don't want to offend sensibilities within other fans, no matter if they're honeymooners (:roftl:) or long-term supporters. That's not my intention. Nor do I think my moaning has any sort of effect on Mika. I moaned before, alone and in company, and he didn't listen... so. :naughty: He is who he is and he does what he wants. And that's more than fine with me, because I love a lot of what he does. But I can have my opinion and sometimes I don't hesitate to voice it, even if it's not all fangurling and unconditional jaw-dropping. I think it's legit. I'm not deliberately mean.

What I believe - and it has been confirmed in a lot of Mika's projects - is, that he's just too brilliant for a 24 hour day. He's got more ideas than he can handle. I remember some interview (might have been in Italy and or radio... I'm not sure) WAY back in 2007, when was downright bursting with ideas wrapping the first album in different media projects. Like having someone dressed up as Billy Brown appear in different places of the world and make a game out of people trying to find him and follow his story. Or radio play style stories about his album characters.

Then later on, when he started his blog and still maintained it, he started all those different categories, like the 'Where am I' game and the question answering announcements. Don't get me started about the Blackall project. All of it such great ideas - and never really carried out. Pity.

Not that he never gets anything done. Far from it. The mandatory part of his job is brilliant. With his music he doesn't compromise like that. Also the visual aspects of his shows are overwhelming. I love it and always will. I can't get over that, ever. The way he's involved in everything, like the album covers, that's amazing. He's not into delegation, is he? :teehee: And that totally shows in a very positive way in everything he gets done.

The booklet of the second album is so lovely as well, but then I never got the link from the songs to that Mubbin story. That seemed like two completely different projects to me. I do well see a Mubbin picture book, as a standalone venture. Why not? But in the booklet? He has all that inside his fantastically brillant brain, just the way out seems to be blocked at times.

I wouldn't be very surprised if there was something very much up my alley behind the bee and clown nonsense. But what he throws us there, is not really enough of a bone. What the hell am I supposed to do with that? It does annoy me. Just as much as the 'Oh I have so many projects going on. Can't wait to tell you.' As far as I'm concerned, these delaying antics are pretty counterproductive.

I benefitted so much from his work in the past years, especially when I first joined MFC, but also later on, thinking about the people I met and the places I went. Yet the most important benefit I drew from it was the instant and unfailing buzz of inspiration. I don't want that to get old. So I cling to these things and I moan at times. girl_blush2.gif

@violet_sky: that's true ;) I like how you wrote it :thumb_yello: But the thing is: does he really feel enough energy to accomplish everything that he want to accomplish and what are the things that stop him ? Maybe he can feel also disappointed about things, maybe he does not feel people are interest in some things he is doing so he just "stop" them ? I don't know ;)

Archived