Mikasounds and Twitter Update Thread (Part 7)

Fmbm

What kind of negative comments did he get? :shocked:

He has got a lot of hard and negative comments lately, and I just can't see what he has done to deserve it. He is on a break, working with his new music.

I know he is not using twitter as well as some other artists, he could get so much more benefits and potential out of it, but he is not comfortable with twitter. It's nothing new. He has told it many times. Personally I rather take a clown pic every now and then than nothing at all, because this is a long wait :wink2:

Maybe he doesn't know how to communicate at the moment. His old blog was fantastic, it was fun and warm and it felt personal, but it was closed because of his new website (which is not working at all, as we have seen). I guess he is rather concentrating on his work and personal life than finding new ways to communicate. I really can't say, this is just guessing.

And I want people to be honest, I hate faking, but there are ways to be honest and still supportive, so I'm surprised to see so negative and aggressive feedback.

@Christine: I think you are right in what you say about his career and the direction of it. He has been moving away from his English-speaking audience. He might change it with his new album? US and UK markets are generally appreciated, I'm sure he would find a success in those areas quite flattering :teehee: On the other hand, I have seen him performing in countries like France, Italy etc. many times, and I always observe the same thing. He looks so happy :wub2: Personally I would like to see him enjoying his work and touring and not chasing the biggest possible success/money/fame, and rather see his music mature and grow than watch him as a huge superstar. Lol, this sounds really naive :teehee: Of course it's possible to have everything, as Adele is doing.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has got a lot of hard and negative comments lately, and I just can't see what he has done to deserve it. He is on a break, working with his new music.

I know he is not using twitter as well as some other artists, he could get so much more benefits and potential out of it, but he is not comfortable with twitter. It's nothing new. He has told it many times. Personally I rather take a clown pic every now and then than nothing at all, because this is a long wait :wink2:

Maybe he doesn't know how to communicate at the moment. His old blog was fantastic, it was fun and warm and it felt personal, but it was closed because of his new website (which is not working at all, as we have seen). I guess he is rather concentrating on his work and personal life than finding new ways to communicate. I really can't say, this is just guessing.

And I want people to be honest, I hate faking, but there are ways to be honest and still supportive, so I'm surprised to see so negative and aggressive feedback.

@Christine: I think you are right in what you say about his career and the direction of it. He has been moving away from his English-speaking audience. He might change it with his new album? US and UK markets are generally appreciated, I'm sure he would find a success in those areas quite flattering :teehee: On the other hand, I have seen him performing in countries like France, Italy etc. many times, and I always observe the same thing. He looks so happy :wub2: Personally I would like to see him enjoying his work and touring and not chasing the biggest possible success/money/fame, and rather see his music mature and grow than watch him as a huge superstar. Lol, this sounds really naive :teehee: Of course it's possible to have everything, as Adele is doing.

Thank you tiibet :bow: you wrote down EXACTLY how I feel about it all.

TBH I just ignore all the negativity. And yes, there is a lot of it. He should do the same if he doesn't want to take into account what people/fans say. He doesn't have to do that, he can do whatever he wants. Actually, I think this has to do with the fact that I've become less interested in the person behind Mika. It's more about the music/concerts for me so I'm just patiently waiting for new material :dunno: I don't care if he tweets or not.

Thank you tiibet :bow: you wrote down EXACTLY how I feel about it all.

TBH I just ignore all the negativity. And yes, there is a lot of it. He should do the same if he doesn't want to take into account what people/fans say. He doesn't have to do that, he can do whatever he wants. Actually, I think this has to do with the fact that I've become less interested in the person behind Mika. It's more about the music/concerts for me so I'm just patiently waiting for new material :dunno: I don't care if he tweets or not.

I do miss the old site and the closeness as well...la republica and twitter are much much better than nothing though... he should really ignore negative twits but that's easier to say than to do ...being a public person means you get so exposed :(...I'm also waiting for new songs impatiently...I'll never get tired of Mika :wub2: , his voice is so beautiful :wub2:

Agree with you Tiibet :huh:

He probably got a ton of tweets asking him about news and then when he tweets from time to time, he gets negative feedbacks :huh:

Maybe he does not really want to communicate on his work for now and just tweets to keep the link with us alive ..

Maybe it's still too early to get proper news and updates on the new album..:dunno:

I don't know but I do trust him. He has his own reasons and it's his choice :thumb_yello:

The problem with Twitter is that this kind of direct and immediate link with people allows everyone to comment everything :sneaky2:

Anyway, I really hope he will not pay too much attention to the nasty comments

As I said yesterday, some people don't like when he does not tweet, some others don't like what he tweets

He can not please everyone...

I'm more than agree with all you've said, girls, especially with bold parts.

To all:

I can't understand what he did wrong this time (again!!!), reading so many pages of the last discussion. I don't like clowns, but it doesn't mean that he has no right to post clown pics - he just wanted to share with us, and got a slap into his face.

Yes, he writes funny things about bees, but he shares the news about his work as well! did you forget?

Not so long ago people was happy to see his YO! And now some girls became so demanding.

I loved his vlogs, but if he doesn't feel like doing it again - let him alone. I prefer the genuine and sincere things that he does, than vlogs for demand, just with advertisement purpose.

Moreover, I think that an article every month is not even more than nothing. It is great that he writes it :thumb_yello: He shares his thoughts with us, not shallow but deep things, and some of us calls it "just an article in Italian magazine"?

Truth is, the more kind is a man, the more people will demand from him. The more things he does for us, the more critics he gets.

I'm afraid after all he can read here he will stop doing all, everything he does, because it seems like people will never be satisfied.

I feel really sorry for him, that he gets only such unjust feedback. :boxed:

Sorry if someone took my words too personally. And sorry if it sounds a bit harsh. I'm just too disappointed and feel bad.

Personally I would like to see him enjoying his work and touring and not chasing the biggest possible success/money/fame, and rather see his music mature and grow than watch him as a huge superstar. Lol, this sounds really naive :teehee: Of course it's possible to have everything, as Adele is doing.

As I said to Kath, this is a lot easier to accept when you can travel to Italy and France. A ticket to Europe is now averaging about $1000 for me. Going to summer festivals is out of the question because it's closer to $1500 during peak season. The reason I went to Japan last year is because it was cheaper than going to Eden. :shocked:

Plus, you know, I am an English speaker and have lived in an English culture all my life. If an artist is not appealing to English speaking audiences then chances are they are not appealing to me either. There is a reason I was initially attracted to this smart and articulate American kid who grew up in my neighbourhood in London. I don't want to trade him in for someone who can keep his fanbase happy by tweeting inarticulate nonsense about bees :dunno:

I so agree with that... You know (and here take notice that I'm speaking as an artist as well, even if not a musician) a "breaking point" is always hard.

He told us he used his childhood and adolescence to create his first works, and now he is free to do whatever he wants. I must say, this 'freedom' can get you so easily lost. When you have a sure "theme" to work with is one thing, but now it seems he's got this wide open space in front of him (I know the feeling 'cause I went through it a few months ago, and believe me, it's not easy to figure out)

And also, maybe his work is half way through and has no body yet, so he doesn't want to talk about it (wich is annoying, talking about a work that is not defined) It's not like he sits there on the piano and something magicaly appears. The creation process in extensive and complex.

And the tweets may seem random and completely pointless, but maybe they have something to him. I believe, for the whole nature of it, that he writes all that goes there, keeping in mind that we miss contact with him.

And negative feedback, and phobia and whatever are no excuses, people should be polite, even when what they have to say is bad.

Yes, he writes funny things about bees, but he shares the news about his work as well! did you forget?

Apparently I have. When was the last time he did that?

Moreover, I think that an article every month is not even more than nothing. It is great that he writes it :thumb_yello:He shares his thoughts with us, not shallow but deep things, and some of us calls it "just an article in Italian magazine"?

He is not writing that article for his fans. His fans are not the intended audience. If we didn't have this community we wouldn't have even known about it for months! Do you see the problem here??

Edit: and I think you are referring to me here

Instead of writing blogs he is now writing articles for a magazine that is translated to Italian.

I did not say it's "just an article in an Italian magazine". What I'm saying is that it's not his blog. It is not written for his fans and it is not published in English.

Apparently I have. When was the last time he did that?

He is not writing that article for his fans. His fans are not the intended audience. If we didn't have this community we wouldn't have even known about it for months! Do you see the problem here??

That is totally true.

I would also like to add that this community is probably the biggest reason I'm still a fan. :thumb_yello: Without this fanclub there just isn't enough to keep me interested for all this time. There are so many artists whose songs I like, but I'm not part of any other fan community. I'm pretty sure that's also the reason I don't follow them/their carreer as much and just hear their new songs whenever they are played on the radio.

Mikasounds couldn't keep me interested either, that's for sure :original:

... *sigh* :sad: I do enjoy discussions. But this one has been going on for, how long? A day or so? I know it's not a fight, but it seems to me it's very slowly (or not even slowly to some, I don't know) getting close to an argument. We've stated our points; multiple times. I doubt ANY of us will change our minds on our positions... Can't we all just agree to disagree? :sad:

As I said to Kath, this is a lot easier to accept when you can travel to Italy and France. A ticket to Europe is now averaging about $1000 for me. Going to summer festivals is out of the question because it's closer to $1500 during peak season. The reason I went to Japan last year is because it was cheaper than going to Eden. :shocked:

Plus, you know, I am an English speaker and have lived in an English culture all my life. If an artist is not appealing to English speaking audiences then chances are they are not appealing to me either. There is a reason I was initially attracted to this smart and articulate American kid who grew up in my neighbourhood in London. I don't want to trade him in for someone who can keep his fanbase happy by tweeting inarticulate nonsense about bees :dunno:

Yes, I see your point, traveling is expensive. The cheapest flights from Finland to Portugal are now about 400 euros (USD530), and it's in Europe :aah: I can't book them this early, and they will be more expensive.

He is not appealing to main Finnish speaking audience either, but I still find him as interesting as earlier. I don't see his tweeting behavior as such a big issue. It still doesn't make me stupid or simple fan who is happy with nonsense or not capable of thinking.

I really loved his old blogs and I miss them! I wish we got them back. And I tried to say in my previous post that maybe he can't find a new way to communicate. It's not so easy. His columns remind me a bit of his old blogs, so I read them happily :blush-anim-cl:

:boxed: I seriously think that some fans idealise Mika too much and they has too much expectation toward Mika not only about his work but about is attitude, and they judges him really quick without knowing him for real. When you idealise someone you have a certain image of this person and when this person does a thing you don't expected you reject him because is not faithful to the image you have of him. Mika is a human being as all of us and he has qualities and defaults like everyone, If you really love someone you love him with the both.

Mika just wanted to sent a picture for fans in thinking he makes some happy persons, but not to have naughty messages in return.

If some people didn't like clown or and the picture they has the right to not like and sending a message saying that they doesn't love clown because... or they doesn't like the picture cause .... but sending message to Mika in telling him "It's s***" it's really childish and rude:sneaky2:

Just a little advice before speaking about passive agressivity or other psychiatric and psychologic therms please study it at university and not in women magazine. I'm just bore with people who use all those terms without a doctor diploma in psychiatry.

"The honesty" : in french there's 7 interpretations of this term:

1. Moral state formed by instinct or habit of virtue, probity.

2. Chastity, modesty.

3. Propriety.

4. Civility.

5. Acts of civility, politeness than we do.

6. How to act obliging and courteous.

7. Present done by recognition.

I don't understand Sara what is not honest in the attitude of Mika for you :blink:

BTW...

Does anyone know who is Brion Rock (whoisbrionrock)?

Mika replied him 2 hours after his twitter-bitter-tweet and...I'm confused:blink:

Is there any connection?

The funny thing is: he replied V Sweet, nice contrast to his former Bitter Tweet:aah:

Just a little advice before speaking about passive agressivity or other psychiatric and psychologic therms please study it at university and not in women magazine. I'm just bore with people who use all those terms without a doctor diploma in psychiatry.

Well, I hope everyone is using their common sense, but I don't think it's necessary to ask for any diplomas :teehee:

you know, we are still talking about this a day later, i bet Mika has moved on....

I hope he has, he has work to do! :naughty:

The funny thing is: he replied V Sweet, nice contrast to his former Bitter Tweet:aah:

Good analyzing :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

... *sigh* :sad: I do enjoy discussions. But this one has been going on for, how long? A day or so? I know it's not a fight, but it seems to me it's very slowly (or not even slowly to some, I don't know) getting close to an argument. We've stated our points; multiple times. I doubt ANY of us will change our minds on our positions... Can't we all just agree to disagree? :sad:

+1

your`re right trix...let`s all talk about something easy know:naughty:

I am not logged in in twitter^^

I`ve been thinking about it though...so all i can read is what mika writes and not the comments of other people...thank god for that..

you know what!!? i could live without twitter and we can all ignore nasty comments because we are in the best fanclub ever:naughty:

and it makes me smile to be in here `cause it`s great and mika knows that there exists a really big bunch of people standing behind him...

do you all have a twitter account or what:shocked:

+1

your`re right trix...let`s all talk about something easy know:naughty:

I am not logged in in twitter^^

I`ve been thinking about it though...so all i can read is what mika writes and not the comments of other people...thank god for that..

you know what!!? i could live without twitter and we can all ignore nasty comments because we are in the best fanclub ever:naughty:

and it makes me smile to be in here `cause it`s great and mika knows that there exists a really big bunch of people standing behind him...

do you all have a twitter account or what:shocked:

I have one! But I had one before I even KNEW Mika, so... :aah:

I wanted to post earlier but I am afraid my network connection keeps breaking so just a quick 'off topic' note to this comment I have just read:

I really don't like it when we use the 'lack of one's diplomas' as an argument to dismiss what one says. If someone wants to argue, they should show that they know it better. Usually, they don't, so that is just a poor argument, I am sorry. Besides, the person who most often uses the term 'passive aggressive behaviour' on MFC actually has a diploma in psychology, as far as I am aware, although I really don't know who you are referring to at the moment as I did not read all the posts.

Anyway, in my opinion any adult with an average IQ can spot a passive aggressive behaviour if they have ever read about it- :wink2:

I'll be back later on the topic, sorry to be off topic a bit - I have bad memories of people using the 'diploma argument' earlier on MFC so I felt I needed to comment.

Are you saying he doesn't look happy when he performs in the UK then?

That is totally true.

I would also like to add that this community is probably the biggest reason I'm still a fan. :thumb_yello: Without this fanclub there just isn't enough to keep me interested for all this time. There are so many artists whose songs I like, but I'm not part of any other fan community. I'm pretty sure that's also the reason I don't follow them/their carreer as much and just hear their new songs whenever they are played on the radio.

Mikasounds couldn't keep me interested either, that's for sure :original:

Totally agree with this Droopsy, if not for MFC or the people I've met through this site, I think Mika would just be one of many artists that I like. I fear he is going that way anyway.

For me Mika is still the best, no matter what he does or posts. I may get frustrated with him sometimes and wish he did some things differently, but that's normal in any human interraction. No one can please everyone all the time, but I still love love Mika!

Edit: The column's up on the Republica thread!

Are you saying he doesn't look happy when he performs in the UK then?

I have seen him only in London, and sometimes he seems to be worried/feeling pressure, not unhappy at all. But it can be in my eyes of course, that I *think* that London gigs are important to him, and that he wants to show what he can do and is maybe feeling a pressure. In France he doesn't need show/prove that much, there is already a big audience loving him. He did some big shows in France during last tour, and they went so well, he seemed to enjoy it.

I have seen him only in London, and sometimes he seems to be worried/feeling pressure, not unhappy at all. But it can be in my eyes of course, that I *think* that London gigs are important to him, and that he wants to show what he can do and is maybe feeling a pressure. In France he doesn't need show/prove that much, there is already a big audience loving him. He did some big shows in France during last tour, and they went so well, he seemed to enjoy it.

I never have seen Mika in London but last summer I saw him in France and I noticed how happy he was,really,really happy.And also he looks happy when performs in Seoul.

Maybe in London he needs to be accepted,for that he feels more pressure,but in France just hearing his name he sells all the tickets,he knows that french people loves him a lot,we can see all the gigs he does in France

So we don't see the best of him then?

I never have seen Mika in London but last summer I saw him in France and I noticed how happy he was,really,really happy.And also he looks happy when performs in Seoul.

Maybe in London he needs to be accepted,for that he feels more pressure,but in France just hearing his name he sells all the tickets,he knows that french people loves him a lot,we can see all the gigs he does in France

I don't understand this logic. Did he or did he not sell at least 1.5 million copies of LICM here? Why would he (or you) think he needed to prove something to a London audience? Hasn't he already proved it? Or are you all just projecting your own feelings and hopes on to Mika?

I have seen Mika in many cities around the UK and the world and personally don't notice much difference. All audiences are very supportive and receptive.

As for knowing the French people love him and using this as a reason he does a lot of gigs in France, of course he knows this, he relies on it, it's his source of income. If I thought I would get more money by doing my work in France, I'd be there like a shot looking happy!

Archived