"Men suck compared to the Man"

ängi

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wonder why? :mf_rosetinted:

Well, to be honest: not always, but when I cross the line and spend pretty long time on the forum. Even though Christmas Eve is here, he's occupied with his stuff right now, and I doubt he'd notice something like that. :naughty::roftl:

Interesting thread.:naughty: My BF doesn't mind or at least he doesn't say anything, good or bad, about it. He says that it's ok because it makes me happy and he apparently likes to see me happy. That's probably not entirely true but whatever.:roftl:

Before I go on, I just want to say that people are welcome to fantasise as much as they like about Mika, I'm just concerned that it could cause problems in people's relationships with their husbands/boyfriends/etc... That and I'm worried that people may get really disappointed if Mika were to walk around in public with his significant other... :dunno:

That is exactly what I was trying to say - thanks.

Interesting thread.:naughty: My BF doesn't mind or at least he doesn't say anything, good or bad, about it. He says that it's ok because it makes me happy and he apparently likes to see me happy. That's probably not entirely true but whatever.:roftl:

My husband became a Mikafan after all the pressure all these years from me and my daughter...:naughty:

He doesn't mind at all all the time i spend here and he even supports me...

He comes with me to every Mika gig and there's even evidence of him fanboying...:roftl:

He listens to Mika in the car (when i'm driving) and watches Mika's Dvds with me whenever i decide to watch them...

This is not a man, he's a saint, indeed...:naughty::biggrin2:

My husband became a Mikafan after all the pressure all these years from me and my daughter...:naughty:

He comes with me to every Mika gig and there's even evidence of him fanboying...:roftl:

He listens to Mika in the car (when i'm driving) and watches Mika's Dvds with me whenever i decide to watch them...

He really is! :thumb_yello: I can testify!

Where did you get him? Are there more? I could use one of those! :naughty:

Oh, Carla, you are my "family sister" :biggrin2:

Almost the same about me.

He persuades me to listen to Mika in the car just because "our son is asking!" (2 year old).

And it's not me who made him a mikafan. I remember those days when he promoted Mika among our friends and I was sitting calm and didn't care.:naughty:

hehe he just came here, saw what I'm writing and said:" write that I was listening to Mika today while walking by myself 5 km, in -10C with professional headphones" :thumb_yello:

In my opinion, even though I do think that Mika is a nice guy, it is an illusion.

I really don't know how to put this without sounding obnoxious or anything of the sorts, but it's not the way I mean it. Basically, I am trying to say that, once you've seen him a lot and seen him in different situations, etc, one doesn't have to be too sharp to notice that he is not actually all sweetness and fluffiness. I dare say he can actually be quite bitchy and ruthless.

And I do love Mika, I do, but I am not blind to not see the reality of him. I know that I don't "know" him, but certain things are IMHO just obvious from observation and from seeing certain reactions, body language, looks, etc...

I think that he is a generally nice guy, and has lots of good qualities, but put it this way: I would not want to make him angry or cross him in any way. I'm sure that it ain't pretty when he lets all that out :naughty:

I'm sure that it would be a nightmare to work for him.

Yes, it's a gay man thing, isn't it?

hehehe grumpy-like Meeks as a illustration :naughty:

Anyway I'm not afraid to witness him like this

llounge022_0001.jpg

llounge022_0002.jpg

llounge022_0001.jpg

llounge022_0002.jpg

He scares me. I'm fangurling, but a lil scared :naughty: By the way, love his T-shirt really much :aah:

where are those pics from??

I don't know where to get such comprehensive hubbies, but I'm sure if I don't find any who accepts my tastes I'm not going to marry anyone :mf_rosetinted: I am enough embarrased at home when I say "I wanna play some Mika's dvd on TV!" and almost everyone ignores me, leaves the room or make angry faces :sneaky2: -except my mum :naughty:-

In my opinion, even though I do think that Mika is a nice guy, it is an illusion.

I really don't know how to put this without sounding obnoxious or anything of the sorts, but it's not the way I mean it. Basically, I am trying to say that, once you've seen him a lot and seen him in different situations, etc, one doesn't have to be too sharp to notice that he is not actually all sweetness and fluffiness. I dare say he can actually be quite bitchy and ruthless.

And I do love Mika, I do, but I am not blind to not see the reality of him. I know that I don't "know" him, but certain things are IMHO just obvious from observation and from seeing certain reactions, body language, looks, etc...

I think that he is a generally nice guy, and has lots of good qualities, but put it this way: I would not want to make him angry or cross him in any way. I'm sure that it ain't pretty when he lets all that out :naughty:

I'm sure that it would be a nightmare to work for him.

Yes, it's a gay man thing, isn't it?

I totally agree with you.

I think it's an illusion with a lot of famous people. I think you'd struggle to find that many famous people that you could consider genuinely "sweet and fluffy" people (to borrow your expression). I haven't seen Mika anywhere near as many times are you, but I can definitely see that he's not like that all the time. Polite, absolutely. But happy and smiley 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, no.

Actually, I have to admit that I'd like to see a bitchy, ruthless Mika occasionally (probably not if he were being bitchy and ruthless towards me :naughty:). To me it shows that he's a real human being, not just a fantasy. Cause in my opinion, no-one is that perfect all the time. It's just not possible.

Sorry, just had to add a little to what you've said... :naughty:

Really? :shocked:

Well, I've noticed that most of the men who were/are surrounded by women (grannies, mums, aunties, sisters, wives or daughters) are pretty different from those so called alfa mails.

They're much more sensitive (especially if they are artists), and got some special feeling for women thing. At least it's my experience :dunno:

Of course, they can be also gay (know them too), but I couldn't say that is a rule.

OMG, you are so right! I can think of one particular man (who happens to be a bassist in one of my favourite bands :teehee:) and growing up he was surrounded by women... his mother, her sisters and his grandmother were all around him when he was little, because his father was an air force pilot (I think that's right)...

And I've heard he is a real chick magnet and that he just has this real charisma, a real talent for drawing in women... he's just magic :fangurl:

Ahem... :mf_rosetinted:

This is a very important thing IMO. He IS very polite indeed (when he's not too bitchy:naughty:) and he also has some kind of a genuine child spontanity and nobleness at the same time.

I would guess the politeness comes from his upbringing... I've seen him be really polite even when people were being pushy and you could tell though body language that he was tired and wanted to go...

Haha fanks.

That is exactly what I was trying to say - thanks.

No probs girls! Just saying it like it is...

My husband became a Mikafan after all the pressure all these years from me and my daughter...

He comes with me to every Mika gig and there's even evidence of him fanboying...

This is not a man, he's a saint, indeed...

Your husband is awesome! :thumb_yello:

Where did you get him? Are there more? I could use one of those!

So could I... though he'd have to tolerate my fangurling of Hanson and U2... and Zachary Quinto :fangurl::wub2:

There's no more when i got this one from, unfortunately...

Damn it!

He scares me. I'm fangurling, but a lil scared :naughty: By the way, love his T-shirt really much :aah:

I don't know where to get such comprehensive hubbies, but I'm sure if I don't find any who accepts my tastes I'm not going to marry anyone :mf_rosetinted: I am enough embarrased at home when I say "I wanna play some Mika's dvd on TV!" and almost everyone ignores me, leaves the room or make angry faces :sneaky2: -except my mum :naughty:-

The t-shirt is awesome!

I'd just like someone who will accept my general weirdness, not including fangurling of various actors/shows/musicians... My parents, brother and friends make fun of me for my love of Mika... My sister likes him so that's okay :biggrin2: I grew up with my family making fun of my taste in music so as I've gotten older I've learnt to ignore them when they're making joks about it...

That's easy to say if you're not on the receiving end of his grumpiness. :roftl:

I do like getting an idea that Mika has other sides (even though it's been disillusioning at times), but if my job or friendship depended on someone's moodiness (for example), I would not be so accepting of it. Obviously I don't know exactly what Mika is like as a boss or a friend but I don't take it for granted that it would be something I'd want just because Mika is cute and funny in interviews and nice to his fans for 15 minutes after a gig.

He has been consistently good to me as a fan so I am more than satisfied with that relationship and think being his employee or otherwise close to him might ruin a good thing.

[YOUTUBE]AXl7oT04V80[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dd60JoQBQgw[/YOUTUBE]

That's easy to say if you're not on the receiving end of his grumpiness. :roftl:

I do like getting an idea that Mika has other sides (even though it's been disillusioning at times), but if my job or friendship depended on someone's moodiness (for example), I would not be so accepting of it. Obviously I don't know exactly what Mika is like as a boss or a friend but I don't take it for granted that it would be something I'd want just because Mika is cute and funny in interviews and nice to his fans for 15 minutes after a gig.

He has been consistently good to me as a fan so I am more than satisfied with that relationship and think being his employee or otherwise close to him might ruin a good thing.

[YOUTUBE]AXl7oT04V80[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Dd60JoQBQgw[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you, Christine! :original:

I think I can't say anything about him being a boss cause I've never worked for him, but it seems like he has his ideas maybe too clear in his mind and if he didn't like what you've done he wouldn't mind of saying you that that's a crap and he'll tell you to re-do it the way he wants, even if he has took you thousands of hours of work. Maybe he is a "friendly" boss, but he is very strict about what he wants, at least that's what you can see on the interviews to people who worked for him.

I don't think I'd like to have him as a boss. As a boss, I'd definetely hate him in one way or another :huh:

Thank you, Christine! :original:

I think I can't say anything about him being a boss cause I've never worked for him, but it seems like he has his ideas maybe too clear in his mind and if he didn't like what you've done he wouldn't mind of saying you that that's a crap and he'll tell you to re-do it the way he wants, even if he has took you thousands of hours of work. Maybe he is a "friendly" boss, but he is very strict about what he wants, at least that's what you can see on the interviews to people who worked for him.

I don't think I'd like to have him as a boss. As a boss, I'd definetely hate him in one way or another :huh:

I wear no rose glasses too, thinking about Mika da Boss. But I wouldn't mind an experience of working with him, even hating. Sounds masochistic, but I really have a great interest in learning all the sides of Mika - light and dark - to the same extent. No person can be sweet all the way, of cours. But I'm so interested in his personality, that would gladly get to know the truth and face it. After all, I don't think he is a maniac killing people :naughty:

someone said once, that don't want meet him in order not to break the spell. I'm not this way.

I think I can't say anything about him being a boss cause I've never worked for him, but it seems like he has his ideas maybe too clear in his mind and if he didn't like what you've done he wouldn't mind of saying you that that's a crap and he'll tell you to re-do it the way he wants, even if he has took you thousands of hours of work.

Ha, I can imagine that!! :roftl:

My sense is that a lot of things are left until the last minute. I personally hate deadlines and would not like working in this pressure cooker environment with what I feel are unreasonable demands that could be avoided with better planning, etc. - at this point in my life. I'm sure when I was 20 I would have loved it as I often juggled multiple jobs and school at the same time and when I was working in the music industry I loved it so much it wasn't work half the time anyway.

But now I'm too old for that and when we were working on his set I felt comfortable slacking off whenever I felt like it for a tea break or watching the band rehearse because I am a volunteer and a fan. I'm sure I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that as an employee. :teehee:

No person can be sweet all the way, of cours. But I'm so interested in his personality, that would gladly get to know the truth and face it. After all, I don't think he is a maniac killing people :naughty:

someone said once, that don't want meet him in order not to break the spell. I'm not this way.

Oh yes I totally agree. I am a realist and want to know the truth about everything. But I like my real boss and I'm not convinced I'd want to permanently trade him in for Mika. :naughty:

I wear no rose glasses too, thinking about Mika da Boss. But I wouldn't mind an experience of working with him, even hating. Sounds masochistic, but I really have a great interest in learning all the sides of Mika - light and dark - to the same extent. No person can be sweet all the way, of cours. But I'm so interested in his personality, that would gladly get to know the truth and face it. After all, I don't think he is a maniac killing people :naughty:

With full respect I'm afraid that you or anyone else on this forum will not be able to get to know all aspects of Mika personality :dunno:

And about "breaking the spell": Mika himself has stated that he wouldn't like to know some private things about artists he loved cos he'd be probably be very dissapointed about that.:wink2:

With full respect I'm afraid that you or anyone else on this forum will not be able to get to know all aspects of Mika personality :dunno:

And about "breaking the spell": Mika himself has stated that he wouldn't like to know some private things about artists he loved cos he'd be probably be very dissapointed about that.:wink2:

About the first part I should agree. Pity, but even Mika said that we know almost nothing about him. Recently he said it several times in different interviews (or maybe he realized that we are the fans who know too much and decided to lead us to a wrong trace - dunno if there is such a saying in English:naughty:)

about the second part - he said it about his favourite artist, not about an artist he loves like crazy :fangurl:

About the first part I should agree. Pity, but even Mika said that we know almost nothing about him. Recently he said it several times in different interviews (or maybe he realized that we are the fans who know too much and decided to lead us to a wrong trace - dunno if there is such a saying in English:naughty:)

about the second part - he said it about his favourite artist, not about an artist he loves like crazy :fangurl:

The Fans Who Knew Too Much!:mf_rosetinted:

Archived