"Men suck compared to the Man"

ängi

Your husband living in another world and no direct communication with you? hmmm...

Mika and him seem to have more in common than you'd think - except that because of your daughter as well as the nature of your relationship with him (real vs fictional) your husband is closer to you by default. :wink2:

My husband lives in another world but in a different way to Mika.

Mika is sweet,sensitive,sensual,lovely,loves arts and music.He has all the qualities I love in a man.

My husband is cold,insensitive,few comunicative,hard sometimes..:sneaky2:

Mika is the man of my dreams even with his eccentricity:mf_lustslow:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we talking here about boyfriends...and r they like Mika...

But I think that my best friend is jealous off Mika...and I am active on MFC just for a mount now...:teehee:

she doesn't call me that much :aah:.....maybe because I always telling her how I'm happy on MFC....and how u girls r cool......and how we have a great time :thumb_yello:

She likes Mika too..but she never was big fan off someone....

I told her,yesterday,that she can see how cool is here...And she said:"I can't?"..and her voice sound like :sneaky2: U r annoying me with MFC

My husband lives in another world but in a different way to Mika.

Mika is sweet,sensitive,sensual,lovely,loves arts and music.He has all the qualities I love in a man.

My husband is cold,insensitive,few comunicative,hrd sometimes..:sneaky2:

Mika is the man of my dreams with his eccentricity:mf_lustslow:

But you don't know Mika and Mika doesn't know you. The two of you don't have a relationship together whereas you and your husband do. The relationship between your husband and yourself can be fixed or it can be broken. A relationship with Mika is near enough impossible. A fantasy is harmless, but when it gets to the point where people think a successful relationship with a popstar they don't know is more possible than a successful relationship with the person they married, then IMO, you have to wonder what's keeping you in the marriage. Do you really love Mika more than your own husband?

I have a boyfriend and wouldn't trade him for the world. :wub2:

I know we talking here about boyfriends...and r they like Mika...

But I think that my best friend is jealous off Mika...and I am active on MFC just for a mount now...:teehee:

she doesn't call me that much :aah:.....maybe because I always telling her how I'm happy on MFC....and how u girls r cool......and how we have a great time :thumb_yello:

She likes Mika too..but she never was big fan off someone....

I told her,yesterday,that she can see how cool is here...And she said:"I can't?"..and her voice sound like :sneaky2: U r annoying me with MFC

Lol.....:aah: jelaousy....

But you don't know Mika and Mika doesn't know you. The two of you don't have a relationship together whereas you and your husband do. The relationship between your husband and yourself can be fixed or it can be broken. A relationship with Mika is near enough impossible. A fantasy is harmless, but when it gets to the point where people think a successful relationship with a popstar they don't know is more possible than a successful relationship with the person they married, then IMO, you have to wonder what's keeping you in the marriage. Do you really love Mika more than your own husband?

Well.. I think that loviing your bf/husband and Mika is two different kind of loves.... :)

Well.. I think that loviing your bf/husband and Mika is two different kind of loves.... :)

Are they, though? When people prefer Mika over the men they've sworn to love through sickness and in health, for better for worse?

Are they, though? When people prefer Mika over the men they've sworn to love through sickness and in health, for better for worse?

Hmm.. I don't know how to explain it.. -.-'

Hmm.. I don't know how to explain it.. -.-'

Well don't get me wrong, I openly understand that people have fantasies. And like I said, fantasies are usually harmless! I may have a boyfriend, but I can openly admit to him that I find some celebrity attractive (he personally quite likes Penelope Cruz lol) but when you start preferring a pop star over your own boyfriend or husband, I think you have to question the state of your own real life relationship.

Well don't get me wrong, I openly understand that people have fantasies. And like I said, fantasies are usually harmless! I may have a boyfriend, but I can openly admit to him that I find some celebrity attractive (he personally quite likes Penelope Cruz lol) but when you start preferring a pop star over your own boyfriend or husband, I think you have to question the state of your own real life relationship.

Don't be so hard to her:wags_finger:....Maybe is just a phase in her life....everybody has one...or few...:aah:

By now yes.My relationship with my husband is not good enough and I know that I don't know Mika enough but I want to dream.Dream that I'm close to Mika and here I feel that.

I'm fascinated for him:wub2:

I think it's a little 'dangerous' to compare your boyfriend/husband to a celebrity. If you start comparing the two, that indicates that you're disappointed with what you have and who wants to feel that way? I dunno...just a thought.

I guess I am not so enthralled by Mika that I imagine myself with him in a relationship -- that's never been what it's about for me. I love his music, his personality is fun, and I admire him as a person, but I have never thought about anything beyond that. I love my husband and feel so blessed to have him....so why wonder, what if? Just my two cents. :)

But don't compare Penelope Cruz with Mika.:boxed:

Mika is different to another singers.Mika is more accessible than Penelope and other actors or pop stars.

I think it is a very intimate matter that we are talking about...

I agree with you Cazgirl, (unfortunately :wink2:) Mika is out of reach, but at the same time, I think it is a blessing, this allows us to imagine him as we would like him to be. It is just a way to escape your ordinary life sometimes.

About Alba, all I can say as far as I know her is that she is a lovely person. I think as I already said it, that it is a shame she and her husband don't get on well atm. But I think she is aware that Mika is only a fantasy, listening to his songs and talking about him on Mfc make us all happy.

Sometimes, it is hard not to get carried away by Mika's passion !

Don't be so hard to her:wags_finger:....Maybe is just a phase in her life....everybody has one...or few...:aah:

I understand that people go through phases. It happens. I just happen to think that this is a bit more serious than a fleeting fantasy.

By now yes.My relationship with my husband is not good enough and I know that I don't know Mika enough but I want to dream.Dream that I'm close to Mika and here I feel that.

I'm fascinated for him:wub2:

But if your relationship with your husband isn't what it should be, then maybe this is something you need to discuss with your husband rather than live everyday like groundhog day and daydream about Mika. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of your relationship with your husband and I'm no relationship expert either, so I'm not one to start advising really. However, when you start to openly express that you (or whoever) prefer Mika over the men you've married, I think it's understandable that others begin to express their own concerns.

I think it's a little 'dangerous' to compare your boyfriend/husband to a celebrity. If you start comparing the two, that indicates that you're disappointed with what you have and who wants to feel that way? I dunno...just a thought.

I guess I am not so enthralled by Mika that I imagine myself with him in a relationship -- that's never been what it's about for me. I love his music, his personality is fun, and I admire him as a person, but I have never thought about anything beyond that. I love my husband and feel so blessed to have him....so why wonder, what if? Just my two cents. :)

I completely agree.

But don't compare Penelope Cruz with Mika.:boxed:

Mika is different to another singers.Mika is more accessible than Penelope and other actors or pop stars.

Why not compare Penelope Cruz with Mika? They're both famous. Penelope moreso than Mika, I know. I know there's more chance in meeting Mika than there is meeting Penelope, but in all honestly, that doesn't mean to say that there's more chance with having a relationship with Mika over Penelope or any other famous star. That's just what reality is like.

I think it is a very intimate matter that we are talking about...

I agree with you Cazgirl, (unfortunately :wink2:) Mika is out of reach, but at the same time, I think it is a blessing, this allows us to imagine him as we would like him to be. It is just a way to escape your ordinary life sometimes.

About Alba, all I can say as far as I know her is that she is a lovely person. I think as I already said it, that it is a shame she and her husband don't get on well atm. But I think she is aware that Mika is only a fantasy, listening to his songs and talking about him on Mfc makes us all happy.

Sometimes, it is hard not to get carried away by Mika's passion !

Thanks Alexandra :huglove:

All I want to say is, if my relationship was as good as many of yours maybe

I wouldn't be so obssesed for Mika.But in my life I need a way to escape to be a little bit happy,and for me Mika is that way to esacape,isn't bad?

I know my husband very well and I know he never will change,and Mika is a ray of sunshine in my routine life:wub2:

Thanks Alexandra :huglove:

All I want to say is, if my relationship was as good as many of yours maybe

I wouldn't be so obssesed for Mika.But in my life I need a way to escape to be a little bit happy,and for me Mika is that way to esacape,isn't bad?

I know my husband very well and I know he never will change,and Mika is a ray of sunshine in my routine life:wub2:

Your husband won't change, I agree, but that doesn't mean that you should carry on living a day to day situation which you find unsatisfactory, IMO.

If things don't work, they should be fixed or left behind. That is what I think, anyway. There is no point in living a fantasy, because things will only get worse and worse in the future, and you will end up feeling more down about it :dunno:

You talk about "your relationship being as good as other people's", as if this is something that is an external factor which you cannot change and that you happen to get lumbered with. Your relationship situation is 100% controlable by you, but you need to do it with your husband, and if things really don't work, then consider other options. I'm not trying to be a knowitall or trying to tell you what to do, but I really do think that you won't be able to hide from reality for very long, and the longer it goes on, the harder the crash will be :wink2:

I think what's right for one person isn't necessarily right for another. So, maybe people are fantasising about Mika because their relationships aren't up to scratch, what they do about it and when they do it is up to them.

Don't be too hard on the dreamers, it sounds like they need a break.

I think what's right for one person isn't necessarily right for another. So, maybe people are fantasising about Mika because their relationships aren't up to scratch, what they do about it and when they do it is up to them.

Thank you.I've learned a lesson.To keep my dreams only in my heart.

Forget all the things I've said.:thumb_yello:

i think that it is best to be opened with real life boyfriend/husband then to hide it.

My hubby knows i'm a mika fan, knows i'm a mod here, knows i'm on mfc alot, he has met MFCers & he doesn't mind it. He has the same obsession with football :naughty: He loves the sport & is involved in our local team, takes care of their website etc...

Though i share his passion for football, he doesn't share my passion for Mika.

And that's ok, it's probably better that way :aah:

That being said, i also have to make choices based on the fact that I have a family. We are still paying for my sons' university / college, which means i will not travel all over the world to follow Mika. My choices right now are based on real life choices and that's the way it should be.

Relationships are a two way street, you give and you get.

I understand Mika has helped alot of people through hard times, via his music, but he shouldn't be anyone's long life crutch either.... he's "just" a pop star :dunno:

I think over the years we've seen a lot of people escape their relationship (or other) problems with Mika and it often gets resolved in one way or another eventually. Obviously everyone has to work through it at their own pace.

I think over the years we've seen a lot of people escape their relationship (or other) problems with Mika and it often gets resolved in one way or another eventually. Obviously everyone has to work through it at their own pace.

that's very true

Amen. You've got it spot on :thumb_yello:

Archived