2011 - MIKA @ Magic Numbers Secret Gig, London - 22 Jan REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS

Droopsy

Part 4

I'm sorry but I'm too tired to wait another hour to upload the last part, I'll post tomorrow. I have the impression to had do 2 Paris Bercy gigs this week-end :roftl: It's horrible I'm dead :mf_rosetinted:

can't see :shocked:

The main thing that struck about this gig is how powerful Mika's voice is. Most so-called popstars today would be inaudible without a microphone.

And what a wonderful voice it is too :fangurl:

Inaudible without a microphone, and unbearable without a copy of Autotune. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree, what a wonderful voice indeed. All the skeptics who accuse him of lip-synching can take these videos and suck it. :shun:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

Inaudible without a microphone, and unbearable without a copy of Autotune. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree, what a wonderful voice indeed. All the skeptics who accuse him of lip-synching can take these videos and suck it. :shun:

So true :naughty:

Mika's voice is just amazing :swoon: just it :fangurl:

ah :swoon: the more i look at those vids, the more i realise what a great singer he is. this kind of show won't happen often (if ever). i'm so glad you all shared your vids and stories with us. Thank You!!!

and i remember all the reasons why i fell in love with his voice in 2007.

he is incredible!

i picked the right popstar to follow :wub2:

ah :swoon: the more i look at those vids, the more i realise what a great singer he is. this kind of show won't happen often (if ever). i'm so glad you all shared your vids and stories with us. Thank You!!!

he is incredible!

:wub2:I was thinking exactly the same thing:thumb_yello:

he is incredible!

+ 1 :mf_lustslow::wub2:

he is incredible!

+1 :wub2:

he is incredible!

+1234567890 :teehee::teehee::teehee:

he is incredible!

You'll get no arguement from me on that point:thumb_yello:

The main thing that struck about this gig is how powerful Mika's voice is. Most so-called popstars today would be inaudible without a microphone.

And what a wonderful voice it is too :fangurl:

Indeed :fangurl:

I can´t tell you how I feel right now, there are no words for that :mf_lustslow:. David was brillant and I´m absolutely in love with this vid........( and the musicans in it !)

David was brillant during all the gig :mf_lustslow:

What a symbiosis between all of them :wub2: The complicity is evident

I really hope they will stay together for the next tour :thumb_yello:

And once again, Mika shows us his qualities as a conductor like in Live@Home

I can't believe he said he was tired after only 40 mins!

I could understand it if he had been jumping around, but sitting at the piano playing!:blink:

Maybe it was just a polite way to say "We have to go.. another gig is waiting for us" :naughty:

The schedule seems to have been tight.. :blink:

No.. seriously maybe the fact to be more involved on each song, playing piano on most of them and having to make a huge memory effort to remember lyrics & music after a few months' break made him tired :dunno:

He's not in a tour routine anymore..

I can't believe he said he was tired after only 40 mins!

I could understand it if he had been jumping around, but sitting at the piano playing!:blink:

I know he's a professional but I'm a pianist too and I can tell you that I would be tired if I had to play during 40 minutes :aah: .

Anyone else find it interesting that he kept messing up Toy Boy, which he's played a gazillion times over the last 22 months... but he had Only Lonely One pretty much spot on? How funny is it that he nailed this obscure B-side from a four year-old single and yet acted horrified at the prospect of doing Ring Ring, which he's done live for entire tours. :teehee:

I wonder if he's been working with Only Lonely One and intends to unveil some new version of it on the new album. What he did live is quite different from the demo, and it screams "potential". I could see him arranging it in a way that puts the song in the same general vein/flavour as

by Jason Mraz and
by Train, which were huge on the US charts, and When the Night Feels My Song by Bedouin Soundclash which was huge in Canada. North America is eating this stuff up... just sayin, Mika. :fisch:

I'm so tired... but I promise as soon as I can I will upload some pics, I have videos but they are really bad quality :(

Can't wait! Are you back home already? :shocked:

And if you don't mind, I say post the vids despite the bad quality. I think we're hungry enough to take what we can get. :naughty:

Edited by lollipop_monkey