Eurovision 2011

suzie

Hungary is No 15 - my favourite number:biggrin2:

Anyway, I decided to watch the semi-finals now. Only saw bits from around 15 songs - can't wait to hear the rest.

Where are the regulars like Mariposa and Droopsy?:teehee:

I'm very excited about Hungary too! :aah: I hope we'll make it for the finals *fingers crossed*

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:boing:

Hungary :yay:

Wow! 7 out of my 8 favourites are in now :thumb_yello:

Hardly any trace of political voting in the first semi-final. Turkey out - big surprise.:shocked:

I think I really like Eurovision now. :original:

The only real surprise for me was that Norway didn't qualify. I liked Haba Haba, one of the catchiest choruses I thought.

Happy to see my favourite, Azerbaijan, go through safely. Also, it is definitely encouraging to see Switzerland, Iceland and Finland go through, in terms of how the vote is working.

Happy to see my favourite, Azerbaijan, go through safely.

That is a song written and produced by professional Swedish songwriters - no surprise to me at all

Also, it is definitely encouraging to see Switzerland, Iceland and Finland go through, in terms of how the vote is working.

I think it is no longer 'political' voting - otherwise we wouldn't have had Norway and Germany winning it in the last 2 years.

The rules have changed in the last couple of years, there is public vote and a professional panel of judges, too, for each country. Not sure they are there for the semi-finals, too :dunno:

That is a song written and produced by professional Swedish songwriters - no surprise to me at all

I didn't realize that before, but it makes sense. The first time I listened to all of the songs it was the one that immediately stood out for me. The chorus melody is lovely. I still don't think it will win but then I always seem to prefer the songs that come third or fourth :wink2:.

I think it is no longer 'political' voting - otherwise we wouldn't have had Norway and Germany winning it in the last 2 years.

The rules have changed in the last couple of years, there is public vote and a professional panel of judges, too, for each country. Not sure they are there for the semi-finals, too :dunno:

I think they are. Our presenters on the BBC mentioned it, at one point.

Painful and boring performances. I didn't like them. Sorry. :thumbdown:

Your expectations might be too high. :teehee:

Eurovision is fun to watch and criticise...:naughty:

Hope you'll join the fun on Thursday and Saturday either here or on twitter :biggrin2:

Your expectations might be too high. :teehee:

Eurovision is fun to watch and criticise...:naughty:

That's right!:roftl:

I think I'll watch the show on Saturday but just for fun. Really.

The Greek guy... I want to see him again....:biggrin2::biggrin2::teehee:

Where are the regulars like Mariposa and Droopsy?:teehee:

No time to post on the MFC and watch the whole thing at the same time :aah:

:boing:

Hungary :yay:

Wow! 7 out of my 8 favourites are in now :thumb_yello:

Hardly any trace of political voting in the first semi-final. Turkey out - big surprise.:shocked:

I think I really like Eurovision now. :original:

I am really happy for Finland, Switzerland and Lithuania - My top 3 tonight! :biggrin2:

I was reading a bit through German ESC forums/threads and I have the impression that everybody goes crazy for the Georgian entry.

I kinda like it, too...

The running order position in the final:

Serbia (Running order position in the Final: 24)

Lithuania (Running order position in the Final: 4)

Greece (Running order position in the Final: 9)

Azerbaijan (Running order position in the Final: 19)

Georgia (Running order position in the Final: 25)

Switzerland (Running order position in the Final: 13)

Hungary (Running order position in the Final: 5)

Finland (Running order position in the Final: 1)

Russia (Running order position in the Final: 10)

Iceland (Running order position in the Final: 21)

source

So Finland's first :boxed: Not the best starting position...Hmmm...

Georgia's closing the competition - defo top 10!

Looking forwards to Estonia, Bosnia & Herzegowina and Ireland in the seond semifinal!

AND I'm looking forwards to Saturday - going back to Germany for the final! Will be somewhe in Düsseldorf celebrating eurovision :groupwave:

The press conference of the winners of the first semi-final is online

http://www.eurovision.tv/esctv/past?program=35283

I just read through the comments of the latest blog on the German esc homepage and I found something quite interesting:

One user says that the Danish song "New tomorrow" reminds him/her on Mika's song "Any other world".

Can anybody hear that, too? :blink:

I just read through the comments of the latest blog on the German esc homepage and I found something quite interesting:

One user says that the Danish song "New tomorrow" reminds him/her on Mika's song "Any other world".

No. It is Take That's Shine, actually:roftl: (the "Come on girls, come on boys" part...vs "So come on, come on, get it on Don't know what you're waiting for")

...although I must add that actually "Take a bow play a part" also goes the same way in terms of the melody. Lily Allen also has a song with similar melody line but her song came much later, while Shine and AOW was written at around the same time.

This Danish song is really unoriginal in many ways, that is true.

No it doesnt sound like Any Other World at all. I cant find any similarities between the two songs.

Other than that though I'm a bit curious to see how today's semifinal will be and it'll be at least a bit more interesting that Tuesday's.

No it doesnt sound like Any Other World at all. I cant find any similarities between the two songs.

It is not the same but I can actually understand what they meant - I can hear the similarities between the way the melody goes in these songs. I still would call it fully accidental though.

As for tonight's semifinal, I don't expect it to be half as interesting as Tuesday's one but the final should be good with the songs of the Eurovision founder nations who qualify automatically

:groupwave: Yes, it finally IS Thursday night!

Will be trying to live comment the songs on twitter (if my laptop is working alright)

On the German ESC homepage people could vote on their favourite songs of this semi-final - and to be honest I could live with the result!

Of course it is not representative - but I could possibly have chosen the same entries (not in the same order though)

36yqdtuo.jpg

nx88fous.jpg

ri78a5tt.jpg

@Suzy: You're right about "Shine", now that you said it I can't listen to the Danish song the way I have before :naughty:

Have fun everyone!

And good luck to all of the countries!

Archived