• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so we are after the Disney song :pinkbow:

and before

jedward-suicide-kit.jpg

..:naughty:.

:roftl:

I hope Estonia wins it but I think it will be the French tenor with that fake song. Brrr.

'Cute boy' / 'Boyband' vote is likely to be split between Sweden, UK and Denmark - so I hope they'll stand no chance in the end:naughty:, though should any of them come close to winning the whole competition, it will be the Swedish one.

I also think France has a good chance... I'm thinking it will be either Sweden or France.

Our song is really so good? =D

Depends on who you ask :lmfao:

I have already said that I like the Danish song (which I still do), but I just found s.th. on youtube - and don't you think the similarity is striking?

Can't believe so many people immediately made the connection between that old 1995 Blümchen song (I started searching for the video when I read that comment several times on ESC forums).

I had (fortunately!) completely forgotton about her :biggrin2:

So basically it's about the same mellody, but in a slower, non-techno version...

But: I believe it's a coincidence...Who on earth would steal a Blümchen song, seriously :aah:

Hello everyone :bye:

Too bad Latvia didn't make it trough to the final :(

But this year there are so many great songs :D

My top 3 is: SWEDEN, ESTONIA, UK :wub2:

But I also like Irealand, Spain, Austria, Azarbeijan, Denmark, Belarus.. And Norway was really nice:)

Čau, Baiba!

I'm quite annoyed, that Latvia didn't make it trough. I think it was good enough to be in the final.. :sneaky2: We, latvians, have a song called "Europe won't understand us"..

I'm glad Estonia is in. Denmark was ok too. And Ireland - not my type, but those guys are so full of energy, I wanted them to get in! :biggrin2:

I have already said that I like the Danish song (which I still do), but I just found s.th. on youtube - and don't you think the similarity is striking?

Can't believe so many people immediately made the connection between that old 1995 Blümchen song (I started searching for the video when I read that comment several times on ESC forums).

I had (fortunately!) completely forgotton about her :biggrin2:

So basically it's about the same mellody, but in a slower, non-techno version...

But: I believe it's a coincidence...Who on earth would steal a Blümchen song, seriously :aah:[/COLOR]

:roftl:

They have said in some magazines here, that they haven't "stole" the song, and if people thinks there is a similarity between the songs, it's a coincidence!:aah:

But they could be lying!:mf_rosetinted::aah:

Edit: sorry for the black letters, dunno what happend!:aah:

Tonight!!!

Okkkkaaay, let's see. My prediction for the top five:

Sweden

Estonia

France

Azerbaijan

The 5th one... I'm doubting between UK and Ireland.

BTW, again, not my favorites :naughty: Just what I think could be the top five.

:teehee:

Unfortunately I can't say what's my top 3 or 5. :teehee: but I hope Estonia will get to top 5:teehee:

Definetely will.

But I think UK will win. They are not my fav, but they are the only one I see winning.

I want to reserve my prediction until I have heard all the songs at the final as a lot depends on the live performance as well.

However, I cannot see Sweden winning this. In all honesty, I cannot see professional people giving much credit to such shallow songwriting effort as there is in that song...:naughty: (It is no longer only public voting that counts but also there is a panel of judges in every country whose votes will be merged with the results of public votes. )

Unfortunately I can't say what's my top 3 or 5. :teehee: but I hope Estonia will get to top 5:teehee:

It will be in my top 5, too.

I want to reserve my prediction until I have heard all the songs at the final as a lot depends on the live performance as well.

However, I cannot see Sweden winning this. In all honesty, I cannot see professional people giving much credit to such shallow songwriting effort as there is in that song...:naughty: (It is no longer only public voting that counts but also there is a panel of judges in every country whose votes will be merged with the results of public votes. )

It will be in my top 5, too.

I dunno, I don't think the songwriting has to be particularly deep for eurovison :naughty: It's not like e.g. Estonia's song has the most profound message ever :lmfao:

Just checked my personal top five again. It was:

1. Italy

2. Romania

3. France

4. Hungary

5. Moldova

There have been changes to that list since I saw some songs live. Hungary didn't live up to my expectations so I'm bumping that one for Iceland. Romania wasn't as great either. So for now (not having seen Italy and France yet of course..):

1. Italy

2. Moldova

3. France

4. Iceland

5. Romania

Čau, Baiba!

I'm quite annoyed, that Latvia didn't make it trough. I think it was good enough to be in the final.. :sneaky2: We, latvians, have a song called "Europe won't understand us"..

I'm glad Estonia is in. Denmark was ok too. And Ireland - not my type, but those guys are so full of energy, I wanted them to get in! :biggrin2:

TBH the first time I heard it I was like : meh, but it kinda grows on you. I liked it during the semi final and I could even hum along :naughty: Shame it didn't make it.

I dunno, I don't think the songwriting has to be particularly deep for eurovison :naughty: It's not like e.g. Estonia's song has the most profound message ever :lmfao:

Yes, a Eurovision song is definitely not supposed to be too deep / innovative (that's why Estonia did not qualify last year) but there are differences between the complexity of pop songs in terms of the melody and the harmonies and a song that is too plain and cheesy is not highly rated by professionals, I think.

If I compare the UK and the Swedish entries, for example, the first is more like a professionally written pop tune from the 90s (sounding like Backstreet Boys/N Sync) but the Swedish one sounds extremely cheesy and monotonous, particularly written for Eurovision only and I find it difficult to imagine any radio station would play it :dunno: I'd rather listen to Verka's song from 2007 - at least that was funny.

I'm no fan of Blue, either, but in a way I hope that UK will finish at a high position so that people in the UK stop moaning, saying how the whole of Europe hates them and realise that they simply need to send good pop songs :teehee:

There have been changes to that list since I saw some songs live. Hungary didn't live up to my expectations so I'm bumping that one for Iceland. Romania wasn't as great either. So for now (not having seen Italy and France yet of course..):

yes, I agree the live performance of the Hungarian song was not that good. At certain parts you could hardly her and the backing dancers are pretty creepy... :naughty: I hope she'll be less nervous today. This song should sound like a disco anthem.

I can't wait for the live performances today.

Yeah well, I hope we win. :biggrin2::roftl:

I mean we've had so many crap songs on Eurovision lately, last year we didn't even try, and I think this year's song is ace. According to youtube the song has a great chance to be in top 3. (though it all depends on how stong the live performance's gonna be)

I also like Azerbaijan and the UK.... I have always loved Blue. :blush-anim-cl:

But anyway I don't think there are too many fantastic songs this year....:huh:

Yeah well, I hope we win. :biggrin2::roftl:

Maybe our PM can arrange it...:roftl:

But anyway I don't think there are too many fantastic songs this year....:huh:

At the moment I think there are many songs that can possibly win - no particular one standing out from the rest like when Alexander Rybak or Lena won..... But of course there are 5 countries whose live performances we haven't seen yet.

hey guys, i' have a quick maybe strange question :aah:

i learned yesterday that in ireland, eurovision has commercials in it...

but here in belgium we don't have those commercial breaks.

So my question is this... Which other countries have commercial breaks during eurovision?:aah::roftl:

hey guys, i' have a quick maybe strange question :aah:

i learned yesterday that in ireland, eurovision has commercials in it...

but here in belgium we don't have those commercial breaks.

So my question is this... Which other countries have commercial breaks during eurovision?:aah::roftl:

Not here, omg how strange!:aah:

Archived