Eurovision 2011

suzie

Lena for Germany ... isn't she the one who won it last year with Satellite ... I didn't think the winner could enter it the next year - or I thought that anyway as noone ever has I don't think :teehee:

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lena for Germany ... isn't she the one who won it last year with Satellite ... I didn't think the winner could enter it the next year - or I thought that anyway as noone ever has I don't think :teehee:

But Johnny Logan even won twice (though there were years between). I don't know if there are any rules, but I think it's a bit boring to hear the same singer twice :dunno:

Thanks Mariposa for the list, must listen to them all again! :thumb_yello:

But Johnny Logan even won twice (though there were years between). I don't know if there are any rules, but I think it's a bit boring to hear the same singer twice :dunno:

Yeah ... I remember Johnny Logan but his were years apart ... I was just surprised ... I didn't really like her the first time :teehee:

Yeah ... I remember Johnny Logan but his were years apart ... I was just surprised ... I didn't really like her the first time :teehee:

I liked her, but I still see it weird she is there again :blink:

Yes, Johnny Logan was famous even in my country :teehee: He and that Swedish singer. Carola?

You wouldn't say that if it were Mika......:teehee:

I'm looking forward to a bit of Eurovision this coming week :biggrin2:.

I've had a couple of listens to all the songs to 'get my ear in' for the Semi finals, and at the moment I find it hard to pick a winner. My own personal favourite is Azerbaijan. The melody in the chorus of their song is so simple but beautiful and I can't get it out of my head. I don't think it will win, though.

I'm relieved that my country has a half decent entry this year, because last year...well, here in the UK we do not even speak of it :roftl:.

Johnny actually won three times. In 1988 the song he wrote 'Why Me' won for Ireland. But thankfully we only had to witness him perform twice (which for me was twice too often:teehee:)

This is what he was reduced to in Ireland

:roftl:

15 Estonia Getter Jaani Rockefeller Street

LOVE LOVE it, it's one of my (if not THE favourite) this year!!! *1273 down to Rockerfeller Street*

:clap::yay: Thank you. ^^.

Hungary is No 15 - my favourite number:biggrin2:

Anyway, I decided to watch the semi-finals now. Only saw bits from around 15 songs - can't wait to hear the rest.

Where are the regulars like Mariposa and Droopsy?:teehee:

Hungary is No 15 - my favourite number:biggrin2:

Anyway, I decided to watch the semi-finals now. Only saw bits from around 15 songs - can't wait to hear the rest.

Where are the regulars like Mariposa and Droopsy?:teehee:

no clue where they are :aah:

This song from Switzerland is a really sweet one. I hope it will go through to the finals.

let me know if it does :teehee:

The original of the melody is definitely from the guitar riff of Black Sabbath's Paranoid but I think there another song (maybe from the 80s) that is even closer in sound. :teehee:

I liked the song from Georgia, too. That was so much like Evanescence's first hit though :naughty:

This song from Switzerland is a really sweet one. I hope it will go through to the finals.

The original of the melody is definitely from the guitar riff of Black Sabbath's Paranoid but I think there another song (maybe from the 80s) that is even closer in sound. :teehee:

I liked the song from Georgia, too. That was so much like Evanescence's first hit though :naughty:

i liked switzerland too

bit doubting over georgia, n:)

Archived