Mika @ Piazza Duomo, Milan - June 07, 2011

Sarina

Oh wow, this is like the olden days, too many things to reply to and too many posts to quote :roftl: I shall do my best

Of course he wants the connection! Why else would he let fans be such vital parts of his shows?

But... as an introvert, I can understand what's happening...

Celebs are human too, and with TONS of people willing to give you attention for nearly everything you do (and some things you don't, and things you would never WANT to do), I'd want some "friends, family, and strangers only" time too. :aah: Plus private gigs get him extra money. Some of that can go towards making the music even better than it already is.

He's making music for us. I don't think we should want any more than that.

I think that there is a huge difference between the connection that he wants (or dare I even say, needs?) when he's touring, which I (personally) believe is due to his need for reassurance when he's on stage and performing, and the connection that he -quite clearly- doesn't want anymore when he's not touring. I was speaking of the non-touring times.

that's an improvement...:wink2:but how can you say "he doesn't want" ...only he knows what he wants....all you see is the frequency of his tweets or actions....

I really don't like when people say "he should" "he wants" "he thinks"....

and everybody needs to be disconnected (especially after being connected for 1,5 years....)

I personally wouldn't appreciate forced connection...I want people to connect when they need and like and enjoy it...

Have you ever heard the saying 'actions speak louder than words?'

Well, in this case his actions are pretty much shouting out to us what he wants. If he wanted a connection with fans now, he would seek it, end of. That's crystal clear and undeniable.

To reply paraphrasing your quote to me (which I found slightly patronising :naughty:), "how can you say that 'everyone needs to be disconnected' on the same breath that you say that it bothers you if people claim to know what he needs and wants? Are you not doing the same thing that you claim to dislike, by grouping him in the 'everyone' category who need to disconnected?

Also, and again I stress this point, as you mention that you wouldn't appreciate forced connection: I never said that I wanted him to do it- All I said is that he is not doing it, and it obviously means that he doesn't want that connection.

as for Mika and his finances, well, i'm sure he is well taken care of & he's more then alright.

i have a feeling that "MY" broke & "HIS" broke are a little bit different :aah:

Spot on, sistah. I wish my money problems were like Mika's!!! :roftl:

This is how it looks to me too. Of course we can't know what he really thinks or wants. But it looks he needs this break when he is working/in the middle of his recording process. He will be back, at some point he wants to share things with his fans.

:wink2: Oh, I'm sure that he will be back in some shape or form. Especially when he has an album to promote :naughty:. I do get the feeling though that he has turned a corner and the 'honeymoon' period is over for him, when it comes to fans and when it comes to the whole thing, but that is just my impression and of course we won't know until we see what happens....

As for the working point though, I know that it's been said before, but I can assure you that he hasn't been working non stop since he finished his gigs last summer. Work is definitely NOT the reason for his lack of communication. No way.

That's how it seems to me, too. Or more specifically - Mika isn't interested in communicating with his broader fanbase online. Yes, he (so far) is really good about chatting with fans in person, after gigs - and that's great. But that's not the same as building and nurturing that connection with fans online - a much larger audience than just those who are able to meet him after gigs.

The thing is, it hasn't always been this way. And I think that's a big part of why some Italian fans were frustrated that he was right there in their country (or city!) and they didn't know about it. Of course Mika has every right to do private gigs or not, to tweet or not, etc. No one is disputing that. But it's clear to me how some of his fans may be really feeling his distance these days, especially because he used to make his fans feel more "connected" back when he was communicating regularly.

In the absence of that connection people are gobbling up crumbs - in this case, word of a private gig that just happened to be on Italian soil. :dunno:

You make a very good point on the 'broader online fanbase' subject. That is something that he doesn't seem to be realising, and I suspect that by the time he does (IF he does!) it will be too late.

I totally agree with what you say (bolded part) about him not having always been this way. Which is why I say that I feel he has turned a corner, and thta something has changed in him :teehee:

The same old story again.

Endless discussions about what Mika should do and shouldn't do, and what he owes people here. He owes tweets, vlogs, he owes all the info where he is going and what he is doing, and more and more and more.

I think the only person who has right to advise him what to do, and whom he may inform about his business, is his mom.

And I find it very strange to see the discussion how much does he earn. Is is very private thing even for a common working people. So, even if he is s famous singer, it's his own business.

For his own good, and absolutely no offence to his mum meant by this, who is a lovely and very capable lady, but I would hope that he'd take advice from people who actually know what the showbiz is like, rather than from her :roftl:

This is probably (in my opinion, of course :wink2:) one of the things that may be hindring his 'operation' too: not taking certain people's opinions and sticking with his own ideas on certain matters or going by what someone in his family thinks, rather than seeking the help of people who may work in that field, or that line, and actually know. I get that impression a lot. Mika is a very talented artist, but an expert in many other things he is not. Like everyone, he has his fortes and his weaker points, and he should let others deal with things that he's not strong at.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm, guys, I know lots of you are going to be mad at me for saying this, but really, I think you are overreacting... most of the celebs don't bother even a fraction of Mika's attention to his fans, and still no one is moaning if they go and play for whomever they want without giving fans a ten days notice :dunno: I think he has spoiled his fans a bit, now we expect too much...

I mean, why don't you just walk in his shoes for a second (those lovely Louboutins), if you had your sister at the verge of death and for months in hospital, would your biggest concern be tweeting your fans etc.? not to mention that he actually DID tweet, did write columns, did organize festivals for this summer, all over Europe, entire July he's on tour, so lots of fans will have a chance to see him, he was working on recording a new album and as I recall one of his interviews, he said that while he's working he forgets his family, friends, he breaks relationships, he's just focused on the work. he DID give his fans attention and he DID connect, but the problem is that it wasn't enough, cos fans sometimes do become greedy for attention, and forget that it's us who fangurl over them, not the other way around. if you read between the lines of his latest column, everything is not going smoothly in the studio (it never does, as any musician can confirm) at it pisses him off... yes, I know it all happened before but he still tweeted regularly, and I understand that you don't like this change, but people DO change, they grow, they get tired of something (did it ever acour to you that he just might be bored of twitter? I do sometimes... but no one ever moans if I don't tweet for weeks :naughty:)

I'm sorry if I got anyone angry because of this post, it really wasn't my attention and I apologize if I was harsh, but I was really sorry for Mika when I got all those @mikasounds tweets in my timeline saying how fans were disappointed in him and if he read those, which he probably did, or very soon will, he will probably feel very bad....

you say how 'all you want is to show your support to him in your tweets' but actually what those tweets ("@mikasounds I'm very disappointed blah blah blah...") did was just bad publicity for Mika.

@GingerLujka I'm not angry :) moreover, It's what I usually say myself.

There are two parts of opponents at MFC. First group wants to participate in making him better and want him don't forget about fans, and other want to let him do what he does because of believing in him and leave him to his own business if he is not eager to socialize at the moment. Actually, we both want the same, but we are at the opposite sides of the scale (dunno how to make it clearer).

All I see, that the same talkings arise from time to time. And we can quote our old posts :naughty:

It's just MFC's style of living.

As for the working point though, I know that it's been said before, but I can assure you that he hasn't been working non stop since he finished his gigs last summer. Work is definitely NOT the reason for his lack of communication. No way.

Of course I don't think he is only working. But recording means that when he is working he is more focused "inside" and concentrating on things he is interested in (I'm speaking recording vs. touring period). And I don't think he is interested in his fans atm. But I think he will be back, of course to promote and sell the new album but also to share his new music and (finally) his new show too.

hm, guys, I know lots of you are going to be mad at me for saying this, but really, I think you are overreacting... most of the celebs don't bother even a fraction of Mika's attention to his fans, and still no one is moaning if they go and play for whomever they want without giving fans a ten days notice :dunno: I think he has spoiled his fans a bit, now we expect too much...

I mean, why don't you just walk in his shoes for a second (those lovely Louboutins), if you had your sister at the verge of death and for months in hospital, would your biggest concern be tweeting your fans etc.? not to mention that he actually DID tweet, did write columns, did organize festivals for this summer, all over Europe, entire July he's on tour, so lots of fans will have a chance to see him, he was working on recording a new album and as I recall one of his interviews, he said that while he's working he forgets his family, friends, he breaks relationships, he's just focused on the work. he DID give his fans attention and he DID connect, but the problem is that it wasn't enough, cos fans sometimes do become greedy for attention, and forget that it's us who fangurl over them, not the other way around. if you read between the lines of his latest column, everything is not going smoothly in the studio (it never does, as any musician can confirm) at it pisses him off... yes, I know it all happened before but he still tweeted regularly, and I understand that you don't like this change, but people DO change, they grow, they get tired of something (did it ever acour to you that he just might be bored of twitter? I do sometimes... but no one ever moans if I don't tweet for weeks :naughty:)

That is the point in my opinion...

He´s the popstar, and things are like this: fans want to be connected to their idols, but idols don´t :aah: We know lots of things about him, but... how would we feel if someone in the street jumped on us telling us that he/she loves our dog, our mom, or our sisters??

Mika´s job is not only making music, also being cute at the meet and greets... I really think it´s part of his job. Is he always super happy of having people waiting for him after a gig, when he´d been at the venue since 5pm and he´s leaving it at 1 am?? No, but he knows he owes everything to those fans who spend their money buying tickets and mercha and his job is keep them happy. He´s not now on tour and he clearly shows that the "interest" he shows when he´s touring is not "that" real as we think... It´s just my opinion, but I think he´s quite clever acting as he does... Don´t know in your countries, girls, but here in Spain, people moans "Mika doesn´t tweet, doesn´t do blogs" but we are still more than 40 days away from his gig here, and people on twitter is already talking about how many presents they are going to buy for him... so...

Edited by basicamenteyo

That is the point in my opinion...

He´s the popstar, and things are like this: fans want to be connected to their idols, but idols don´t :aah: We know lots of things about him, but... how would we feel if someone in the street jumped on us telling us that he/she loves our dog, our mom, or our sisters??

Mika´s job is not only making music, also being cute at the meet and greets... I really think it´s part of his job. Is he always super happy of having people waiting for him after a gig, when he´d been at the venue since 5pm and he´s leaving it at 1 am?? No, but he knows he owes everything to those fans who spend their money buying tickets and mercha and his job is keep them happy. He´s not now on tour and he clearly shows that the "interest" he shows when he´s touring is not "that" real as we think... It´s just my opinion, but I think he´s quite clever acting as he does... Don´t know in your countries, girls, but here in Spain, people moans "Mika doesn´t tweet, doesn´t do blogs" but we are still more than 40 days away from his gig here, and people on twitter is already talking about how many presents they are going to buy for him... so...

Today I'm doomed to quote and scream how agree I am :roftl:

The bold part... OMM it's awful! :aah::roftl: Poor boy. I would hate it :teehee: luckily I'm not a popstar

Edited by Dreamy_Queen

Of course I don't think he is only working. But recording means that when he is working he is more focused "inside" and concentrating on things he is interested in (I'm speaking recording vs. touring period). And I don't think he is interested in his fans atm. But I think he will be back, of course to promote and sell the new album but also to share his new music and (finally) his new show too.

Thanks Nina, that is exactly what I was saying. That he's clearly not interested in fans or fan contact at this moment in time. Ir he was, he would be in touch :dunno:

Thanks Nina, that is exactly what I was saying. That he's clearly not interested in fans or fan contact at this moment in time. Ir he was, he would be in touch :dunno:

It is logical. But I allow him (inwardly, of course, I'm not such cool to be that powerful:naughty:) not to think of as for some time.

Though, I immensely hope that we will get his attention at M&Gs in corpore and we will be rewarded :thumb_yello:

It is logical. But I allow him (inwardly, of course, I'm not such cool to be that powerful:naughty:) not to think of as for some time.

Though, I immensely hope that we will get his attention at M&Gs in corpore and we will be rewarded :thumb_yello:

Well, we shall see how it goes, shall we? :naughty:

Hahah, so we agree about this :naughty: I don't see his communicating (or not communicating) as a problem, it's just his style and i'm getting used to it. But of course i love it when he takes a contact with his fans and can't wait him to be back :wub2:

As for showing your support, I'm sure he can get through a private gig without your well wishes, so try not to feel to devastated about that.

Well...I'm not devastated at all :)*...we're just talking and obviously we have different point of view..I surely know Mika "can get through a private gig without my well wishes" but I think fans are suppose to support an artist if they want to.*

I do understand what Sarina is meaning (I think). She wanted Mika to openly tell/tweet that he is doing a private gig in Milan so Italian fans could have shown their support by tweeting back (you are in our country/good luck/enjoy/we are thinking of you even we are not there).*

Yes, exactly...I would appreciate even a vague message like "I'm in Milan for private company gig...Hi everyone"...

I understand what you mean, Sarina :thumb_yello: *Unfortunately Mika chooses not to interact with us in that way.

I can understand that too, since the more he tweets, the more he is deluged with stupid comments which must make it hard for him to see genuine expressions of goodwill and support.

Yes, you're right..but stupid comments and tweets are sent to him everyday even if he doesn't tweet...so..if we follow that idea..twitter is a nonsense medium but..silly comments are posted on mikasounds too in every blog/news =/

so...what's next? No interaction at all but only "official" news...I can accept that because I want the best for him but would be a BIG chance for sure..

I think you hit the nail on the head with the 'connection' theme. It's all about the connection.*

There's a big difference between iMMa and Mika though, and that is, that iMMa wants (and seeks) that connection with the fans, and Mika clearly doesn't. He has been disconnected for the longest time now, work or no work.

I can't say he doesn't want because he only knows what he wants but he's offline and that's a fact.

I'm just wondering why...if there's a reason because, I noticed, something changed through the years. I don't know if it's only because he wants to "take a pause" when is not on tour.

oh ok :naughty: i think i missed that post, it was all going too fast earlier.

i understand a little how you feel. i know i was all happy when he was in Montreal, even if i knew i wasn't going to see him at all. he was in "my" city!

but if it makes you feel any better, i think Mika knows he has supporters in Italy :huglove:

and it IS private, the swarovski thing. whenever not any random person can walk right in there, unless you're famous or are covered in Swarovski crystals, then it is a private event, even though there might be some media attention.

Just to clarify again, I never said I wanted to attend the event.

The thing is, it hasn't always been this way. And I think that's a big part of why some Italian fans were frustrated that he was right there in their country (or city!) and they didn't know about it. Of course Mika has every right to do private gigs or not, to tweet or not, etc. No one is disputing that. But it's clear to me how some of his fans may be really feeling his distance these days, especially because he used to make his fans feel more "connected" back when he was communicating regularly.

So true! You said it even too well!!

He knows we care and tweeting him won't make a difference. Be honest now, had you known about the gig, you would've gone to the venue, just like many others. I know I would have. You can't make me believe you're just going to tweet him. Knowing it beforehand would have made you even more miserable about missing out.

You can trust me or not of course but knowing it wouldnt push me to go. I don't live in Milan so I couldnt just take a train and reach the place =P and..why should I? If you read my messages I never said he should inform us about the exact location and those kind of details! So...can you reach a place if you dont know where it is? No.. And is useful to wait outside somewhere, unwanted, to hope to see him? Again..no!

But believe me..it's sad o discover it casually! We all know it just because a random person informed another person who informed me.

*I'm sorry if I got anyone angry because of this post, it really wasn't my attention and I apologize if I was harsh, but I was really sorry for Mika when I got all those @mikasounds tweets in my timeline saying how fans were disappointed in him and if he read those, which he probably did, or very soon will, he will probably feel very bad....

you say how 'all you want is to show your support to him in your tweets' but actually what those tweets ("@mikasounds I'm very disappointed blah blah blah...") did was just bad publicity for Mika.

First of all...the disappointed tweets are the direct result of the lack of informations because when we were informed about his perform it seemed he was doing a public show in Piazza Duomo in Milan..it wasnt mentioned about the private show. Now..think about a normal reaction..what could it be? "Oh..too bad..Mika is singing in Milan and I didnt know it..well.."

I don't think so...some of us were disappointed with the universal that usually inform us about Mika...not with Mika himself. I wrote a tweet with mikasounds word in it but it wasn't for Mika, it said I'm disappointed because @mikasounds is singing in piazza duomo and no one knows. Very different from a tweet where I'm disappointed of HIM. And, if you read my tweets (and seems you did) you can also read that I thought it was a public gig.

Actually I don't think that smiling at M&Gs is a part of his job. He doesn't sell his concert tickets including any meeting with him (at least not yet). We buy tickets to his shows and they are always worth the money spent. If he wants to meet people it's something extra.

He is a polite person, so of course he is polite even if he is not that interested or if he is tired. I don't think his interest is always fake, not at all. But I guess fans are a part of his touring life and now he wants to keep some distance.

Actually I don't think that smiling at M&Gs is a part of his job. He doesn't sell his concert tickets including any meeting with him (at least not yet). We buy tickets to his shows and they are always worth the money spent. If he wants to meet people it's something extra.

He is a polite person, so of course he is polite even if he is not that interested or if he is tired. I don't think his interest is always fake, not at all. But I guess fans are a part of his touring life and now he wants to keep some distance.

of course it´s not a real part of his job, but I think it´s the same with football players here in Spain. They earn money just playing football (ok, and doing commercials) but then, they "can´t" smoke, they "can´t" go to parties, they "must" say hi to fans after the training or after the game... it´s not part of their contract, but they all do :dunno: I really think it´s the same with Mika... it´s something he "needs" to do.

lakdjflkdjf I hate trying to write thoughts! :aah: :aah:

I agree with you Nina.

Of course I think that sometimes a M&G could be a sacrifice expecially when you're tired but, almost everytime I met him, he was focused on what I said or what happened and I think is not a fake attitude. He is a very polite guy but I think he's also genuine in his behaviour..if he's tired and unfocused or not in "meeting-the-fans-mood" is easy to see..and if he's kind and interested is because he really is...IMO

I agree with you Nina.

Of course I think that sometimes a M&G could be a sacrifice expecially when you're tired but, almost everytime I met him, he was focused on what I said or what happened and I think is not a fake attitude. He is a very polite guy but I think he's also genuine in his behaviour..if he's tired and unfocused or not in "meeting-the-fans-mood" is easy to see..and if he's kind and interested is because he really is...IMO

so when now he is ignoring our posts or tweets he is not interested at all... cause he doesn´t need to scroll down all our tweets to realise that we are still here... and he doesn´t care... so... and I´m not trying to argue with anyone... he´s interested when he´s touring but now he doesn´t give a sh*t about? how stubborn! :aah::aah:

And I don't think he is interested in his fans atm.

I can't say he doesn't want because he only knows what he wants but he's offline and that's a fact.

This is the message that is loud and clear to anyone who cares to listen and I don't understand why raising this point of FACT always generates arguments to the contrary as if it is simply a matter of opinion. When the arguments fail then there is an endless litany of excuses. When the excuses fail the last resort is to just shout out that Mika can do whatever the hell he wants and anyone who doesn't like his choices is greedy and ungrateful :roftl:

Why is it so unacceptable to express disappointment in the fact that Mika used to be connected to his fans and now he is not? I liked being connected to Mika when he was around and now he's not. So, um, I don't like it. Lots of people don't like it. I think that is a pretty normal reaction to feel disappointed when something you used to enjoy is gone.

But I think he will be back, of course to promote and sell the new album but also to share his new music and (finally) his new show too.

Like Sara I think he will be back no doubt but not sure in what way. I also feel like he has turned a corner but I hope that is not the case.

I think for me personally it will be too little too late, but I hope he is able to reconnect with other fans because I know how happy it makes them feel when that happens.

Anyway we will see what July (and Magic Mondays :naughty:) bring. Hopefully good things...:wink2:

This is the message that is loud and clear to anyone who cares to listen and I don't understand why raising this point of FACT always generates arguments to the contrary as if it is simply a matter of opinion. When the arguments fail then there is an endless litany of excuses. When the excuses fail the last resort is to just shout out that Mika can do whatever the hell he wants and anyone who doesn't like his choices is greedy and ungrateful :roftl:

Why is it so unacceptable to express disappointment in the fact that Mika used to be connected to his fans and now he is not? I liked being connected to Mika when he was around and now he's not. So, um, I don't like it. Lots of people don't like it. I think that is a pretty normal reaction to feel disappointed when something you used to enjoy is gone.

Like Sara I think he will be back no doubt but not sure in what way. I also feel like he has turned a corner but I hope that is not the case.

I think for me personally it will be too little too late, but I hope he is able to reconnect with other fans because I know how happy it makes them feel when that happens.

Anyway we will see what July (and Magic Mondays :naughty:) bring. Hopefully good things...:wink2:

I thought it is obvious he is not interested in fans at the moment, but I thought it's because he is in the middle of recording and he just wanted to have some distance. I simply assumed artists (in general) like to share things they have created and that he would be back and take some contact to the people who love his music and support him.

However, you and Sara seem to think something has permanently changed. You think he doesn't need fans anymore?

@Dani Thank you!!!! :wub2: