Mika @ Piazza Duomo, Milan - June 07, 2011

Sarina

If that was not allowed to be discussed on MFC, there would be fewer members posting since for many that is one of the few 'on topic' discussions they feel safe comment on.:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

Closed eyes at the beginning :teehee:

Feeling embarrassed Meeks? :aah:

Noooo, just lack of coffee...:mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and about the Twitter subject again, let me just quote one of Mika's first tweets: "I only came here to stalk on Stephen Fry" :naughty:

and since Stephen is not tweeting the usual amount of hundred tweets a day for a long, long time now, it's only understandable that Mika lost interest in it as well :naughty:

My ass!:mf_rosetinted:

I love how at about 00:26 someone started to scream and Mika smiled :wub2: I think he misses his fans, even if he's not showing it :blush-anim-cl:

He smiled coz he thought: Wow, some Mfcr managed to get inside this posh party and is screaming her butt off...:mf_rosetinted:

He smiled coz he thought: Wow, some Mfcr managed to get inside this posh party and is screaming her butt off...:mf_rosetinted:

It doesn't change the fact :mf_rosetinted: He was happy because there was MFCer :naughty: that's even better :mf_rosetinted:

Think the same:wub2: And he looks lovely on this big screen.:blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry for you Sarina:huglove: My reaction would certainly be the same as yours :sad:*

But concernig Mika's dis-connection to his fans we say "far from eyes, far from heart". And I fell something like that for time being.:dunno:

Yes..amen to the maxiscreen!

And..thanks for your words :huglove:

He misses mfcers front row :mf_rosetinted:

LOL! We rock!:mf_rosetinted:

At least people are singing...that's good!

Yes..amen to the maxiscreen!

And..thanks for your words :huglove:

LOL! We rock!:mf_rosetinted:

At least people are singing...that's good!

Singing???

People seem to be mumbling...

Compared to us they're nothing but a bunch of zombies...:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks everyone for all the pics & vids :flowers2:

I must admit I was a bit disappointed to see him again wearing his usual 'gig uniform' :teehee:

Not that I consider that the appearence is essential but I've got the feeling that I'm always watching the same vids and pictures & the same Mika... again and again and again from a gig to another :blink: - not to mention the Grevin museum

I know some of you are attached to his good old clothes (:wink2: to Elena & Rose) but a show is not the RL and a bit of novelty would not be detrimental to the quality of the show :naughty:

I sincerelly hope we will have something new this summer...

Actually, random clothes would be fine :pinkbow:

Me too! Oh I hope he'll be wearing something different this summer!

funnypunshisspideysense.jpg

Just had to do that:naughty:

But even when I didn't have any gigs to look forward too, I wasn't too bothered by his irregular tweeting. Guess that's my down-to-earth Dutch nature.

But that's you. I don't care about his tweeting either, tbh I only ever know he's tweeted when I read about it on MFC or IF I just happen to be online, on twitter, at the exact same moment he tweets or a minute after because of all the mika tweets in my timeline... That doesn't mean however that I can't feel compassion for people who do miss this. And I certainly won't go around saying that what they are feeling isn't justified or normal or even that they should seek help...

I didn't interpret anyone's comments as implying that Mika is a sell out or an awful person.

What I saw was people expressing disappointment that Mika is not maintaining a connection with his fans because he doesn't even tell his Italian fans when he is in Milan. A lot of people have been feeling this disappointment, which is why this discussion comes up repeatedly and why many long time fans don't even bother to talk about Mika at all anymore because they have lost interest in what he's doing.

Instead of empathizing with this disappointment or just saying simply, I don't feel that same lack of connection or the connection is not as important to me as it seems to be to you...what happens is people try to "defend" Mika with excuses. Excuses that don't hold any water...like Mika is too engrossed in making an album to connect to his fans. But we have seen time and time again that Mika is not too engrossed in his album to do many other things, including performing at private gigs. There is no plausible reason why Mika can't keep in touch with his fans, so the only logical conclusion is that he doesn't want to. If you tell people they are wrong in that conclusion then the subject of him performing at private gigs is going to come up because that's what we know he's been doing with some of his time. In fact it's just about the only thing we know he's been doing with his time because he doesn't tell us anything.

Does anyone begrudge him making money at private gigs? Not me!!! The more the better. I hope he's charging these people $1 million because he deserves it and how lucky am I to have gotten even better and more special performances for free or close to it?? :biggrin2: I think it's awesome that Mika can command the kind of money that (I hope) he does and if he wants to blow it on champagne for MFC or a 50 foot blow up Big Girl doll or 3 washing machines or some ugly chandeliers or just driving around London with flowers cascading out of his convertible, that is fantastic as far as I'm concerned. :roftl:

Ah, you already know this but this is exactly how I feel as well. Couldn't have said it better even if I tried :naughty: Nothing more to add!

Only, again: man I hope he wears something new this summer!

Singing???

People seem to be mumbling...

Compared to us they're nothing but a bunch of zombies...:mf_rosetinted:

Well..I think we couldnt expect screaming, jumping, make hand-choreography..they're VIPs you know...they still post all the time :mf_rosetinted:

I swear I heard Sariflor in that video. :lmfao:

About the clothes - uh yeah of course I am tired of them too. But I'd be surprised if there was one person at this party who had ever seen Mika's outfit before so...

About the tweeting - um this isn't about the frequency of Mika's tweets people. I don't care about Mika's tweets either. I lost interest in them when he made it clear that he hates Twitter. The problem is the lack of connection that's emphasized when Mika does things like going around telling the whole world that he hates Twitter. I'm not sure how you're supposed to interpret that comment other than that he hates communicating with his fans. Especially when you contrast it with George Michael's attitude. George spells it out in black and white that he loves Twitter because he loves connecting with his fans and even expressed how amazing it would have been for him as a boy to be able to speak to his idols. I think it's sad that Mika doesn't seem to appreciate the importance of this for the people who look up to him. I mean he must get it because he's out there signing autographs but there are millions of people who will never get that chance to speak to him in person.

In any case he doesn't enjoy it so there's no joy in it for me either. That's why for me it's too little too late if he "comes back" tomorrow because he's got a tour or a CD to sell or wherever. You can't unring that bell.

I also felt that disconnect with his fans when I saw him in person in January. Perhaps as far as he's concerned January was still "off" time and he will be back to form for the summer festivals. I guess we'll see. I'll be interested to hear people's reports.

So we didn't miss anything special this time:lmfao:

Seriously it's wonderful to see him again, but got the impression he didn't bother so much with this gig as everything seems like his usual routine, including clothes :teehee:

You mean doing his job in his pop star disguise instead of giving his heart??? :teehee:

I think I get your point, Bojana :aah:

Well, let's hope it's because of the private gig and of the absence of MFCers :roftl:

Me too! Oh I hope he'll be wearing something different this summer!

Otherwise, we can always launch a fundraising :roftl:

header-fundraising.jpg

But that's you. I don't care about his tweeting either, tbh I only ever know he's tweeted when I read about it on MFC or IF I just happen to be online, on twitter, at the exact same moment he tweets or a minute after because of all the mika tweets in my timeline... That doesn't mean however that I can't feel compassion for people who do miss this. And I certainly won't go around saying that what they are feeling isn't justified or normal or even that they should seek help...

Well, I never said that what they are feeling isn't normal and that they should seek help. As I remember correctly, this happens to be a discussion forum, which means I can share my opinion on matters like this if I want, whether or not I feel compassion. I understand that many are not able to go to many gigs and need him to tweet every other day to feel the connection. BUT the case we're discussing here initially, was about Mika in Milan and as far as I know, he goes to Italy quite a lot, so I see no way that there should be all this drama about him not telling everybody about it. So I'm really sorry if I come off as a b*tch, but I don't feel compassion for people moaning about that fact. I would feel compassion if someone lived in the middle of nowhere with not a chance to see Mika live. That was not the case here.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, this is just how I feel about it. And I think the entire discussion about Mika not wanting to get in touch with his fans is also bullsh*t. He is not a lame ass bastard for not tweeting or sending postal pidgeons with personal letters to everyone to keep us all updated. Patience is a virtue and he will come out with something eventually. If he loses fans because of his lack of communication, well so be it. But at least he is content with the way he lives his life and we shouldn't be the ones wanting to live it for him.

I do believe that he can never do anything right in the eyes of some people (once again, not pointing fingers).

Edited by IngievV

I miss the jumps:mf_rosetinted:

I miss his hair......:teehee:

I miss proper recordings of live shows. :mf_rosetinted:

I seriously can't be bothered to even click on these...:naughty:

He misses mfcers front row :mf_rosetinted:

forget the hair, the jumps and all... i just miss him :tears:

You mean doing his job in his pop star disguise instead of giving his heart??? :teehee:

I think I get your point, Bojana :aah:

Well, let's hope it's because of the private gig and of the absence of MFCers :roftl:

Otherwise, we can always launch a fundraising :roftl:

header-fundraising.jpg

Great idea :roftl:

Ooh, @ ingie: I do like the sig :lmfao:

The gig lasted only 25 minutes, Imma wrote it in her blog :teehee:

Only 25 minutes? :shocked: but he looks so sweaty and tired in video and he's not jumping too much... Is Mika getting old? :aah: