I don't watch enough TV to keep up with all these programmes. Used to watch Stargate and Buffy, but a lot of the good programmes - eg Lost, Stargate, Supernatural - get bought up by satellite/cable TV and so I never get to watch them anymore :sad:

Downloads are your friend :wink2:

And don't get me started on normal tv and supernatural. I think channel 10 (or 11) is currently airing 2 seasons ago.

I have heard of it, but never seen it before. Will have to get Zoe to download it for me (along with Suburgatory, but only cause Alan Tudyk is in it and he's AWESOME!).

I agree with having a no touching policy at least during Q&As. Sometimes the actors like giving out hugs and that's really cool, but not when it's such a limited time (and especially at such a big con, it makes it too hard to keep on time).

I agree with educating silver...

Downloading tv shows is the best thing ever! I end up buying a lot of the box sets anyways, so I figue if I can see the show quicker than waiting for it to be on free to air tv (who stuff up the time slots anyways and cause the shows to go to pay tv... I'm looking at you, Go!, you totally screwed up TVD! :sneaky2:)

Mark Sheppard was joking about the downloads in his panel. He was talking about supernatural and I think someone said its not out here yet, and he was all "We know you all download it. You get on your torrent sites and get it the same day. And that's fine because I know most of you will buy the DVDs anyways." (or something to that affect).

But yeah, the DVDs have bonus features. And with the internet (and spoilers) these days we can't be expected to wait for tv shows.

Yeah Q & A no touching policy. If you want a hug find them roaming around outside or pay for a photo or autograph. Don't waste the panel time when we could be hearing answers to interesting questions.

But I wouldn't have time to watch the downloads or DVDs either :naughty: By the time I've gone to work, shopped, cleaned, checked on aged parents, cooked and played with dog, I barely have enough time to log on the MFC, let alone trying to fit in TV as well.

I make exceptions for really good programmes, like David Attenborough documentaries.

Downloads are your friend :wink2:

And don't get me started on normal tv and supernatural. I think channel 10 (or 11) is currently airing 2 seasons ago.

Mark Sheppard was joking about the downloads in his panel. He was talking about supernatural and I think someone said its not out here yet, and he was all "We know you all download it. You get on your torrent sites and get it the same day. And that's fine because I know most of you will buy the DVDs anyways." (or something to that affect).

But yeah, the DVDs have bonus features. And with the internet (and spoilers) these days we can't be expected to wait for tv shows.

Yeah Q & A no touching policy. If you want a hug find them roaming around outside or pay for a photo or autograph. Don't waste the panel time when we could be hearing answers to interesting questions.

Really? Dad watches it but hadnt complained about them being old eps... I know that ch 9 has been reasonable with CSI and BBT...

Sam Trammell was quite surprised when the people on the table told him that a lot of people download True Blood...

Ooooh, as long as the questions are interesting I don't mind, it's when you get really stupid or really personal ones where I get really annoyed...

But I wouldn't have time to watch the downloads or DVDs either :naughty: By the time I've gone to work, shopped, cleaned, checked on aged parents, cooked and played with dog, I barely have enough time to log on the MFC, let alone trying to fit in TV as well.

I make exceptions for really good programmes, like David Attenborough documentaries.

'Kay... though there are some really good programs coming out of the US at the moment...

Ooooh, better mention this. Last night Zoe and I went to the movies to watch a film called Jucy. It's about two best friends called Jackie and Lucy, and after another woman says they're weird and that they're in a womance (like a bromance, but with girls), they try to change their life. It was surprisingly good. If you get the chance to see it, you should go!

Really? Dad watches it but hadnt complained about them being old eps... I know that ch 9 has been reasonable with CSI and BBT...

Sam Trammell was quite surprised when the people on the table told him that a lot of people download True Blood...

Ooooh, as long as the questions are interesting I don't mind, it's when you get really stupid or really personal ones where I get really annoyed...

!

I don't know if they've caught up or not, since they got their second channel. But they did have a point where they kept switching it's time slot, then eventually cancelled it.

'Kay... though there are some really good programs coming out of the US at the moment...

I did used to watch a lot of TV, especially the good American stuff - never used to miss House or NCIS or Supernatural - but now it's all on satellite I don't bother. I just don't seem to get into programmes at the moment.

Although as our clocks have changed and the evenings are getting darker, I may get back into old habits :naughty:

I did used to watch a lot of TV, especially the good American stuff - never used to miss House or NCIS or Supernatural - but now it's all on satellite I don't bother. I just don't seem to get into programmes at the moment.

I know what you mean. it was the same for me with house, Supernatural and TVD. Once you can't watch it regually, you're kind of detoxed and you don't really bother anymore. It's a bit of a shame with these good shows though.

I know what you mean. it was the same for me with house, Supernatural and TVD. Once you can't watch it regually, you're kind of detoxed and you don't really bother anymore. It's a bit of a shame with these good shows though.

The terrestrial channels just can't compete with the money that the satellite channels can offer. :sad:

The terrestrial channels just can't compete with the money that the satellite channels can offer. :sad:

In Australia that's not always the case. I think our networks have more money than the satellite in some cases, and often have to wait until a tv show has ended its run of a show before they start it. Sure some shows they get first pick up on (the sy fy network gets sy fy shows etc). But its free to air here that gets the big viewers and big ad space. It's that in today's age it isn't easy to get the ratings, so shows get pushed to later slots, and then they definitely don't get the ratings and so satellite ends up picking them up. I'm sure sometimes it's the other way around.

Hey Sen! I'm pretty good, I've been frantically saving up money for my holiday overseas next year.

Ooooh, Supanova! Cool! Are you planning on getting photos or autographs from anyone?

I've only been to Supanova once, and unless they got someone I really desperately wanted to see I doubt I'll go again (unless Hub Productions asks me to work in the shop, then I might go)...

*checks Supanova site*

No freaking way! Christopher Lloyd! Evanna Lynch! Colin Morgan! Renee O'Connor! BILLY BOYD!!! *squees*

I must admit I'm surprised to see Val Kilmer doing cons...

Sweet, where abouts overseas ya planning on going?

I hope to do europe in april/may next year :D

Supanova was frikkin aaawesome! So many different characters.....ppl stoping us for pics........every second person stopped to get pics with my brothers (mario, luigi and Wookie).

I didnt meet n great any of the stars......did see them sitting in the lin-up tho.....my brothers got to meet n greet christopher lloyd tho :P they were lined up for hoooours!

Billy Boyd was totally cute :P

I recommend any of you to go to supanova, so much fun!

So its almost been 2 yers since Mikas concert at Enmore......anyone else having withdrawel symptoms too?? lol i know i am

Last time i was here youse were all planning a NZ trip or summink? How did that go??

Hey Sen! I'm pretty good, I've been frantically saving up money for my holiday overseas next year.

Ooooh, Supanova! Cool! Are you planning on getting photos or autographs from anyone?

I've only been to Supanova once, and unless they got someone I really desperately wanted to see I doubt I'll go again (unless Hub Productions asks me to work in the shop, then I might go)...

*checks Supanova site*

No freaking way! Christopher Lloyd! Evanna Lynch! Colin Morgan! Renee O'Connor! BILLY BOYD!!! *squees*

I must admit I'm surprised to see Val Kilmer doing cons...

Supanova was frikkin aaawesome! So many different characters.....ppl stoping us for pics........every second person stopped to get pics with my brothers (mario, luigi and Wookie).

I didnt meet n great any of the stars......did see them sitting in the lin-up tho.....my brothers got to meet n greet christopher lloyd tho :P they were lined up for hoooours!

So its almost been 2 yers since Mikas concert at Enmore......anyone else having withdrawel symptoms too?? lol i know i am

Last time i was here youse were all planning a NZ trip or summink? How did that go??

I'm going to London, around the north of France (going to Villers Brettoneux for Anzac day), then to Paris, then back to London for a few days, then flying up to Scotland and driving around there for about 9 days.

I reckon Christopher Lloyd would've been popular. Same with Billy Boyd (if I could've gone I'd totally have a pic with him!)... I figure, if Supanova have some totally awesome actors that I'd desperate to see, and they go to Sydney then I'll def go.

Ooooooh! That just reminded me... Oz Comic-Con is getting Sir Patrick Stewart!!!! *squee* This is going to be totally epic!

I'm sorta kinda getting withdrawal symptoms... partly cause I want to see everyone together, and I wanna see the band again!

Yeah, me and Bec went to NZ in January... Twas awesome! We had a great time in Auckland (ft. Bec jumping off the Sky Tower), then really enjoyed wandering around Rotorua... I'd love to go back eventually, just gotta save up more money...

Sounds like a good itinerary for Europe :thumb_yello: Did you say it was in May you were coming over?

I fly out of Sydney on 15 April and get back to Sydney on 14 May...

Sooooo, it's:

16-21 April: London

21-26 April: Calais, etc

26-29 April: Paris

29 April-2 May: London

2-11 May: Scotland

12 May: Overnight in Dubai (but when I say overnight, it means land at 12:30am, go to the motel for 6 hours and back to the airport by 7am :shocked:). Ooooooh, I don't think I'll be sleeping too much that day. Might just wait till I get back on the plane and sleep on there.

:woot_jump: Where and when is that?

Sooooooooo, at the moment Patrick Stewart will be going to the Melbourne one, and I think it's on 31 March-1 April 2012... They have a website up already but there's nothing on there about him yet, but it's worth having for when they get more info on there. It's http://www.ozcomiccon.com/. They also have a Facebook page if you're on there as well, and that's https://www.facebook.com/#!/OzComicCon?sk=wall...

Sooooo, it's:

12 May: Overnight in Dubai (but when I say overnight, it means land at 12:30am, go to the motel for 6 hours and back to the airport by 7am :shocked:). Ooooooh, I don't think I'll be sleeping too much that day. Might just wait till I get back on the plane and sleep on there.

If your London dasy aren't already booked up, I'm sure there are some MFCers who would like to meet you.

And of course there is always the outside chance of some Mika activity aroud those dates :fisch:

If your London days aren't already booked up, I'm sure there are some MFCers who would like to meet you.

And of course there is always the outside chance of some Mika activity aroud those dates :fisch:

Kath said that hopefully there would be some Mika activity around those dates (it'd be a good chance to meet all these people that I've never met before too)...

At this stage I have 4 completely free days in London, and I'd love to meet up with MFCers that want to meet me. Maybe early next year I'll start a thread and see who wants to meet up.

Kath said that hopefully there would be some Mika activity around those dates (it'd be a good chance to meet all these people that I've never met before too)...

At this stage I have 4 completely free days in London, and I'd love to meet up with MFCers that want to meet me. Maybe early next year I'll start a thread and see who wants to meet up.

Good plan :thumb_yello:

Sooooo, it's:

Sooooooooo, at the moment Patrick Stewart will be going to the Melbourne one, and I think it's on 31 March-1 April 2012... They have a website up already but there's nothing on there about him yet, but it's worth having for when they get more info on there. It's http://www.ozcomiccon.com/. They also have a Facebook page if you're on there as well, and that's https://www.facebook.com/#!/OzComicCon?sk=wall...

I bet you're going to have a great time.

Adelaide is those dates. Melbourne is 30th June and 1st July (they haven't put its dates on the header yet, you have to read the text to find them)

I bet you're going to have a great time.

Adelaide is those dates. Melbourne is 30th June and 1st July (they haven't put its dates on the header yet, you have to read the text to find them)

I should, it'll be great to see all these places I've heard about or seen pictures of.

Ah. I didn't think that was right. At least someone knows when it is.

Hello all! I know it's been a long time since I last said anything here, but I have been reading intermittently. And I am aware that I still haven't posted photos of my new place. I have my camera now so I might try to get them up in the next week (if I don't go to bed early tonight I might just get it done then). For all of this I am sorry. I do miss all of you guys. :huglove:

Sooooo, it's:

That will be so awesome! I am rather jealous. :naughty:

Aww Thank you! That even goes with my plans. If the tickets are not too expensive... I've always wanted to go to a comic con:biggrin2:

Hello all! I know it's been a long time since I last said anything here, but I have been reading intermittently. And I am aware that I still haven't posted photos of my new place. I have my camera now so I might try to get them up in the next week (if I don't go to bed early tonight I might just get it done then). For all of this I am sorry. I do miss all of you guys. :huglove:

Looking forward to seeing the pics :thumb_yello:

That will be so awesome! I am rather jealous. :naughty:

Hello stranger! :biggrin2:We all miss you too!

Aww Thank you! That even goes with my plans. If the tickets are not too expensive... I've always wanted to go to a comic con:biggrin2:

Did you see that I got the Melbourne dates wrong? Melbourne's on 30th June and 1st July...

And the tickets for those sorts of things usually aren't that expensive. Entry should be about $20 (it may be more, so make sure you check the site beforehand), photos should be $40 and autographs should be $30. Again, the prices should go up on the site so make sure you check it out before you go.

It should be a good event though, I can't wait till they start talking about the Sydney one (which probably won't be on till around this time next year).

OZ Comic con does sound like it'll be amazing.

It is now 9 days until I go to Perth, spend 3 days there with Bianca and then go to Bangkok. Then we're off to Chaing Mai, Phuket, Phi Phi island, KL, jungle trekking and back to KL.

Wow so soon.