I did a lot of traveling lately, so I didn't had much Internet connection. Sorry though, I should really get myself a netbook.

You're excused :naughty: I keep thinking about getting a netbook too

I've just had a really crap couple of weeks. I've been lurking. Just quiet.

Blaaah.

Work still sh!t?

I came home yesterday to a letter from my employer outlining new terms and conditions - longer working week, 1 day less holiday, no pay for first three days off sick - and the choice is accept the conditions or be dismissed :shocked:

Work still sh!t?

Unfortunately, yes. Absolutely rubbish. I'm so fed up with it all. I interviewed at the ABC last week and was feeling really positive about moving over there, for a role I would have been perfect for, but the person who's leaving has decided to stay. Got my hopes up for nothing and have been in a mood about it ever since. Rah!

I came home yesterday to a letter from my employer outlining new terms and conditions - longer working week, 1 day less holiday, no pay for first three days off sick - and the choice is accept the conditions or be dismissed :shocked:

:shocked: Is that even legal? Do you have like an Industrial Relations Commission or something in your country? Seriously, that can't be legal. I mean ok, the longer working week and the 1 day less holiday must be relative to what you already have, but the no pay for first 3 days of sick leave sounds incredibly illegal! If you have any lawyer friends/anyone in HR/employment get them to have a look over it.

That's absurd.

You're excused :naughty: I keep thinking about getting a netbook too

Bloody hell! Thats not fair or right!

Unfortunately, yes. Absolutely rubbish. I'm so fed up with it all. I interviewed at the ABC last week and was feeling really positive about moving over there, for a role I would have been perfect for, but the person who's leaving has decided to stay. Got my hopes up for nothing and have been in a mood about it ever since. Rah!

:shocked: Is that even legal? Do you have like an Industrial Relations Commission or something in your country? Seriously, that can't be legal. I mean ok, the longer working week and the 1 day less holiday must be relative to what you already have, but the no pay for first 3 days of sick leave sounds incredibly illegal! If you have any lawyer friends/anyone in HR/employment get them to have a look over it.

That's absurd.

Bugger, hopefully they keep you in mind in case a similar job comes up.

And i agree with you about silvers predicament. Sounds illegal. Silver, if you know someone that can read over that then do so. Surely they cant do all that...

Bugger its hard typing on a phone keyboard! Wish we could get to Forster already!

Just saw a little something on Facebook..

:groovy:CONGRATULATIONS TEGAN!!!:groovy:

:wink2:

Thanks SD... I'm getting very excited now. It didn't feel real yesterday (partly cause the ring got stuck on my finger and had to be cut off :shocked:) but with all the congratulatory messages etc I'm getting excited... it feels real now!

YAES!

Thanks SD... I'm getting very excited now. It didn't feel real yesterday (partly cause the ring got stuck on my finger and had to be cut off :shocked:) but with all the congratulatory messages etc I'm getting excited... it feels real now!

YAES!

Oh wow, well that's certainly a interesting engagement story to tell! :naughty:

OH EM GEE! Congratulations!!!

Tell the story! Tell!

Well, Derek (that's my fiance) and I went away to Forster for the weekend. After we had lunch yesterday, we went to the beach for a walk. We walked for a bit and then we decided to sit down away from everyone else. We sat and talked for a while, then Derek said "You know I love you, right?" I said yes, then he said "I have something for you.". He then got down on one knee and proposed.

I tried the ring on (knowing full well that it might be a bit small), so on it went... problem was, my finger started swelling and it wouldn't come off (and I don't exactly have fat fingers either). So we tried water, soap and ice, and it still wouldn't come off. I actually started to panic a little, but Derek settled me down a bit :wub2:. We went to a few jewellers in town to see if they had and ideas, one suggested WD-40 (they could've cut it off except their tool was broken). The WD-40 didn't work so we had to go to the hospital (the closest was 1/2 hr away). We sat there for a bit and the triage nurse had a go at getting it off and couldn't do it, so she gave me some ice in a bag and I had to sit down and put my hand in the air. The ice didn't work, so she suggested that I get some dental floss, wrap it under the band and around my finger and sort of feed it along the floss and off my finger. Well, I tried it, she tried it and all it did was make my poor finger hurt! So she had no choice but to cut the ring and open it up so I could get it off. Luckily the swelling went down reasonably quickly (I can still feel a little bit of swelling though).

I couldn't wear it on my ring finger on my left hand so I had to wear it on my right last night. I made sure I put it on my left hand when I saw the grandparents and one of Derek's brothers though, and it's been sitting there happily ever since.

I won't post a pic just yet cause I need to go to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow, but once I get a chance I'll post one on here so you can look at my fat finger and my pretty ring.

That's absurd.

Bloody hell! Thats not fair or right!

Bugger, hopefully they keep you in mind in case a similar job comes up.

And i agree with you about silvers predicament. Sounds illegal. Silver, if you know someone that can read over that then do so. Surely they cant do all that...

Bugger its hard typing on a phone keyboard! Wish we could get to Forster already!

Sadly it's not illegal and more and more companies are doing it. It's to stop

people throwing a sickie, but of course if you are genuinely ill you are the one who ends up getting penalised. :sad:

Well, Derek (that's my fiance) and I went away to Forster for the weekend. After we had lunch yesterday, we went to the beach for a walk. We walked for a bit and then we decided to sit down away from everyone else. We sat and talked for a while, then Derek said "You know I love you, right?" I said yes, then he said "I have something for you.". He then got down on one knee and proposed.

I tried the ring on (knowing full well that it might be a bit small), so on it went... problem was, my finger started swelling and it wouldn't come off (and I don't exactly have fat fingers either). So we tried water, soap and ice, and it still wouldn't come off. I actually started to panic a little, but Derek settled me down a bit :wub2:. We went to a few jewellers in town to see if they had and ideas, one suggested WD-40 (they could've cut it off except their tool was broken). The WD-40 didn't work so we had to go to the hospital (the closest was 1/2 hr away). We sat there for a bit and the triage nurse had a go at getting it off and couldn't do it, so she gave me some ice in a bag and I had to sit down and put my hand in the air. The ice didn't work, so she suggested that I get some dental floss, wrap it under the band and around my finger and sort of feed it along the floss and off my finger. Well, I tried it, she tried it and all it did was make my poor finger hurt! So she had no choice but to cut the ring and open it up so I could get it off. Luckily the swelling went down reasonably quickly (I can still feel a little bit of swelling though).

I couldn't wear it on my ring finger on my left hand so I had to wear it on my right last night. I made sure I put it on my left hand when I saw the grandparents and one of Derek's brothers though, and it's been sitting there happily ever since.

I won't post a pic just yet cause I need to go to bed so I can get up for work tomorrow, but once I get a chance I'll post one on here so you can look at my fat finger and my pretty ring.

:shocked: Oh wow Teegs - congratulations :huglove:

Sadly it's not illegal and more and more companies are doing it. It's to stop

people throwing a sickie, but of course if you are genuinely ill you are the one who ends up getting penalised. :sad:

True. It doesn't help those who are genuinely sick though. :sad: Maybe they should be working to figure out why people take sickies :dunno:...

:shocked: Oh wow Teegs - congratulations :huglove:

Thankies! :wub2:

I feel a little weird now. I had to take the ring back so it could be fixed, and my finger felt naked so I had to rummage around and find another ring to wear :sad:... Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

Congrats!

Thankies! :wub2:

I feel a little weird now. I had to take the ring back so it could be fixed, and my finger felt naked so I had to rummage around and find another ring to wear :sad:... Hopefully it gets fixed quickly.

It's good they can fix the ring; and it will make a good story for your grandchildren :wink2:

Congrats!

Thank you!

It's good they can fix the ring; and it will make a good story for your grandchildren :wink2:

Good point...

Apparently Derek was calm when he asked me, but was very nervous when he asked Mum and Dad... And he wanted to ask me on New Year's Eve but I think he wanted to do it at a big party or something...

Thank you!

Good point...

Apparently Derek was calm when he asked me, but was very nervous when he asked Mum and Dad... And he wanted to ask me on New Year's Eve but I think he wanted to do it at a big party or something...

He asked your parents? :shocked: Do people still do that?

He asked your parents? :shocked: Do people still do that?

Yeah, he did. I'm not sure if many other people do that, but I think it's quite sweet :wub2: ...

Sooooo, what are people up to for the weekend? I'll be having lunch with friends on Saturday and Sunday, which should be good...

You know what? I'm so excited, I finally got rid of the boxes of laptops out of my office, so I'm finally starting to get my office back! :biggrin2::woot_jump: All I need to do is get rid of the big arse tv and I'll be all sweet.

Oooooh, and I discovered yesterday that to book the church for the wedding costs $400, then we have to go to some relationship course that costs $220.. :shocked::boxed:

Wow Tegan! Congratulations! What a story ha. That's so sweet that he asked your parents.

A guy asked me to marry him a couple of years ago.. unfortunately it didn't work out and he kept drunk dialling me saying 'is it coz I didn't ask your Dad *crycrycry*' Woops.

Oooooh, and I discovered yesterday that to book the church for the wedding costs $400, then we have to go to some relationship course that costs $220.. :shocked::boxed:

Yeah, churches are really keen on relationship courses these days. But if you think that's a lot of money, wait until you start costing up the actual wedding :aah:

Wow Tegan! Congratulations! What a story ha. That's so sweet that he asked your parents.

A guy asked me to marry him a couple of years ago.. unfortunately it didn't work out and he kept drunk dialling me saying 'is it coz I didn't ask your Dad *crycrycry*' Woops.

Wow.... Interesting that he thought that it was cause he didn't ask your dad... :blink:

Yeah, churches are really keen on relationship courses these days. But if you think that's a lot of money, wait until you start costing up the actual wedding :aah:

Don't remind me... :aah::no: The money for the church doesn't bother me so much because it covers all the stuff I need for getting married (like the government paperwork... kinda important!), as the part where they're making me get a new baptismal certificate and all the hassles with that. Basically the parish that I was baptised in was merged with the parish I'm getting married in (and this happened years ago), and the parish office hasn't gotten off their arses to scan/enter the paperwork from the old parish into their computers :sneaky2:.

I also have to work out where the reception is going to be soon, and I have only a few choices there unless I want to either cut my cousins from the list (which will piss people off), or go out of town (and in some cases I would still have to cut people)... It's not like I have a massive amount of people invited, it's at 128 (and some of Derek's family may not even come)... :insane::hair:

Wow.... Interesting that he thought that it was cause he didn't ask your dad... :blink:

Don't remind me... :aah::no: The money for the church doesn't bother me so much because it covers all the stuff I need for getting married (like the government paperwork... kinda important!), as the part where they're making me get a new baptismal certificate and all the hassles with that. Basically the parish that I was baptised in was merged with the parish I'm getting married in (and this happened years ago), and the parish office hasn't gotten off their arses to scan/enter the paperwork from the old parish into their computers :sneaky2:.

I also have to work out where the reception is going to be soon, and I have only a few choices there unless I want to either cut my cousins from the list (which will piss people off), or go out of town (and in some cases I would still have to cut people)... It's not like I have a massive amount of people invited, it's at 128 (and some of Derek's family may not even come)... :insane::hair:

I always said that if I ever got married, it would be a small ceremony, and then the reception would be a fireworks party - no fancy catering, just soup, baked potatoes etc :naughty:, and people wouldn't have to get dressed up, it would be just jeans and T-shirts. :wink2:

I always said that if I ever got married, it would be a small ceremony, and then the reception would be a fireworks party - no fancy catering, just soup, baked potatoes etc :naughty:, and people wouldn't have to get dressed up, it would be just jeans and T-shirts. :wink2:

I don't want anything too fancy, it's just that I have a fair few relatives that I want ot invite. Actually, I suggested to Derek that we could elope to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator, but he said no. I doubt I'd be allowed to do that anyways, Mum wants her wedding this way. :teehee:

And I've managed to find a place for the reception that will fit everyone and it's really nice (my brother's wedding reception was there)... Mum was going to call the restaurant and see if she can get them to cater for it and get menus etc, so once i know that's all good then I can book it. Still haven't gone too far with the church yet, gotta talk to the priest that I want and he's retired (I think... he's in town at least).

I'm going to apologise to everyone, the wedding has pretty much taken over my brain so if it's too much then just tell me to shut up.

I don't want anything too fancy, it's just that I have a fair few relatives that I want ot invite. Actually, I suggested to Derek that we could elope to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator, but he said no. I doubt I'd be allowed to do that anyways, Mum wants her wedding this way. :teehee:

And I've managed to find a place for the reception that will fit everyone and it's really nice (my brother's wedding reception was there)... Mum was going to call the restaurant and see if she can get them to cater for it and get menus etc, so once i know that's all good then I can book it. Still haven't gone too far with the church yet, gotta talk to the priest that I want and he's retired (I think... he's in town at least).

I'm going to apologise to everyone, the wedding has pretty much taken over my brain so if it's too much then just tell me to shut up.

Talking about the wedding is fine with me :thumb_yello: When is the wedding going to be, btw (sorry if you have already mentioned it)

Talking about the wedding is fine with me :thumb_yello: When is the wedding going to be, btw (sorry if you have already mentioned it)

Cool.

We're working on getting the 9th of November next year.

Mum and Zoe were looking at the menus for the reception yesterday and they've already suggested which ones would be the best (and worked out the cost - around $5400 :jawdrop:)... Yeah, I don't seem to be doing too much, everyone else is organising it :teehee:

If we're not doing too much, we might even go have a bit of a look at dresses over the weekend...

Edited by nico_collard