New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I wonder if this will ever be released in the US/UK or they are planning to include an English version on the album (or release it as a single).

I remember a couple of huge German songs in the 80s prompting them to release English versions to capitalize on the European success. I was just looking up Der Kommissar and didn't even realize that the English version was by a British band and not Falco. I thought this was interesting (from Wiki):

In the United States and the United Kingdom, Falco's hit didn't fare as well, despite topping charts throughout Europe and Scandinavia during spring and summer 1982. In the summer of 1982 the British rock band After The Fire recorded an English version of the song, also called "Der Kommissar", and released it as a single, but the record floundered. Coming off a tour opening for Van Halen, After The Fire was working on material for a new album when in December 1982 the group announced onstage during a concert that they were breaking up. Both the After The Fire and Falco versions were rising on the Canadian charts at the time, but neither had cracked the U.S. pop charts.

Around that time, American pop singer Laura Branigan began working on her second album, and recorded a new song written over the melody and arrangement of "Der Kommissar", called "Deep In The Dark", which was prepared for release, when the After The Fire version finally hit the U.S. charts (Hot 100) on February 22, 1983, and started rising. Though the UK band's version barely nicked their home country's Top 50, in 1983 the song ultimately rose all the way to #5 in the U.S., where their music video was an MTV hit.

The song entered the American Top 40 (AT40) on March 5, 1983, peaked at #5, and remained in the AT40 for a total of 14 weeks. The hit single was released under the Epic label, with a catalog number of 03559.

Amidst all this renewed attention to the composition, Falco's own version, which had done well in some U.S. markets but not charted nationally, was re-released, but the German-language record remained essentially a novelty hit there, charting concurrently with the After The Fire version but not rising above #78. (In Canada, Falco's version had peaked at #11 the same late-January week After The Fire's version peaked at #12.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Der_Kommissar_(song)

If Mika doesn't come out with an English version of EMD maybe Justin Bieber will do it? :shocked::naughty:

I wonder if this will ever be released in the US/UK or they are planning to include an English version on the album (or release it as a single).

I remember a couple of huge German songs in the 80s prompting them to release English versions to capitalize on the European success. I was just looking up Der Kommissar and didn't even realize that the English version was by a British band and not Falco. I thought this was interesting (from Wiki):

If Mika doesn't come out with an English version of EMD maybe Justin Bieber will do it? :shocked::naughty:

Excuse me? What have I missed? :boxed:

:biggrin2: Great memories, I remember Der Kommissar and Falco :wub2: this song was a success in Brazil, played a lot here :thumb_yello:

During last 2 days I was out w my friends, they played EMD 5 times here! In MY country!!! Unreal.

they played 3 times here during last 2 days :boing: when i turn the radio on for asking them, exactly that time was "exclusive" and EMD there. after that there was "request show" and i asked them for EMD, and they played ofc:biggrin2: and next day they played it too.

edit: I asked "music box" too(it's TV channel here) but they had not emd yet :huh: I'll ask them again in few days.

A very famous Brazilian DJ called Jana Rosa made a special playlist for a blog, including her latest "top of mind" songs, and Elle Me Dit is #1. Amazing. :wub2:

Awesome:biggrin2:

thanks for the good news girls:thumb_yello:

Thank you for this link, Christine. Been listeing to Falco quite often these days. :wub2:

Unfortunetely his only big his abroad (in non-German speaking countries) was "Rock me Amadeus".

As for the story about this band doing an English version of "Der Kommissar", I had never heard of it, it's interesting though.

Let's just hope it will be someone decent to release an English version of EMD then :naughty: (if it's not gonna be Mika that is).

Update of the itunes charts:

back to #1 again in France

and up 1 place to #3 in Belgium

:yay:

Good news!!! :groupwave:

I know Mikabéa posted it in another thread, but as I think some people come to this thread to be updated, let me tell you that Elle Me Dit is now officially #1 in French charts!!! :yay::boing:

His only other song that got to number one was Relax :biggrin2:

I know Mikabéa posted it in another thread, but as I think some people come to this thread to be updated, let me tell you that Elle Me Dit is now officially #1 in French charts!!! :yay::boing:

Kachinggggggg-aaaa!! :groupwave:

Awesome!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Amazing news, this made my day!!! :boing:

Amazing news, this made my day!!! :boing:

Same thing for me :wink2:

I really hoped this would happen, I kept saying in this thread that it was possible but I admit I was not too sure about it.. Now it's official and I'm super happy :thumb_yello:

Same thing for me :wink2:

I really hoped this would happen, I kept saying in this thread that it was possible but I admit I was not too sure about it.. Now it's official and I'm super happy :thumb_yello:

He must be quite happy and excited too :wub2:

Oh Thanks for writing the news here, I made a mistake about tread :teehee:

:kachinga:

Oh my, I'm actually way more excited that I thought I could be about it :aah: Wooohoo! :groovy:

:groupwave: Been waiting for this day! How amazing is this?! *yay*