New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I know, I know.. EMD is outdated already, with all the news about Under Water and stuff.. :teehee: But it's still #1 in France, for the 3rd week in a row :yay:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-75780.html

They say EMD is on its way to be Mika's biggest hit in France :)

Fantastic news :thumb_yello: Can't wait to get my hands on the single (because they will never play it in the UK :sneaky2:)

My husband didn't liked this song at the first time of hearing it in July. But the day before yesterday he happened to listen to it among other music and artists, and today he complained that EMD stuck in his mind and it's the 3rd day that he can't get rid of it!

:naughty:

Good job, Mika ;)

I know this was most probably posted before but here it is in case it wasn't :original:

Link to preorder from amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Me-Dit-Mika/dp/B005LDNH1U/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316898006&sr=1-10

Thanks - had seen this but it is a ridiculous price so I will hope to get a copy via a French fan :naughty:

I know this was most probably posted before but here it is in case it wasn't :original:

Link to preorder from amazon UK http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elle-Me-Dit-Mika/dp/B005LDNH1U/ref=sr_1_10?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1316898006&sr=1-10

That's more expensive than some albums! It'll never get into the charts in the UK at that price! Besides, will British people even be aware of it, if it doesn't get radio play or any publicity? I doubt it.

Still, it's good that it's available.

It's normal for imported singles to be more expensive than usual ones.

Of course the song won't get any/a lot attention in the UK that way, but I guess that wasn't really intended.

There will be a first English single before the album gets released, and it wil definitely be very important for that one to work well...They should put all of their promotional efforts in this "job".

Just incase anyone was wondering, EMD is going to be released on November 8th for those in the States!

I think it's going to be made available by import, not actually released in the US. Don't mean to split hairs, but there is a difference. :wink2:

Can someone let me know what the difference is between EMD becoming available as an import CD in the US in November and buying it directly from France?

I bought all my Mika records - singles and albums - from the UK or in the UK . Is it more difficult to buy singles from France? :dunno:

PS: I am such a bad fan I plan to wait until the album is released and simply buy the French edition :teehee:

Edited by suzie

Can someone let me know what the difference is between EMD becoming available as an import CD in the US in November and buying it directly from France?

I bought all my Mika records - singles and albums - from the UK or in the UK . Is it more difficult to buy singles from France? :dunno:

PS: I am such a bad fan I plan to wait until the album is released and simply buy the French edition :teehee:

I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be able to buy it direct from France and hopefully it will be available in the MS shop anyway. The import is just what they are selling on Amazon in the UK and US since it hasn't been released there. (Although it could change. I bought a BNL CD when I was living in the UK that was a US import, but they released the album in the UK later.)

I don't ever buy physical singles. Does that make me a bad fan? :naughty: Fortunately it was released in Canada on iTunes so I did buy a copy of the song itself.

I have paid import prices on all of his other singles. I wasn't expecting any different this time. I'm still just blinkin' EXCITED!

Yes I just wanted to clarify because people are watching the release and charting of the song closely. As far as I'm aware the song isn't being released in the US (yet). The song is charting in Canada (it was #63 last week on Billboard's 100 Canadian singles chart) because it's been released here even though I would also have to buy an import CD if I wanted a physical single.

It isn't more difficult. It just costs more because most banks and credit cards charge a conversion fee when people buy things from websites in other countries and the shipping fee is higher when an item is shipped from a foreign distributor.

I see... Paying for the shipping cost for each individual CD must make a significant difference for the US. Here we don't get CD singles released at all, only some albums, but even buying those from Europe is usually cheaper than buying them locally, so I never pay attention to local releases.