New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

Elle Me Dit back to #1 in French charts this week! :thumb_yello:

Just to give a few details about my previous post, EMD is #3 in downloads and the physical single entered the charts to #1 :thumb_yello: It's good but I don't think it will last much longer which is pretty normal

• 2 weeks later...

merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Translation from me:teehee:

MIKA: French Inspiration

Even if he continues to report the date of his upcoming CD (which should be otu "sometime in 2012"), the inteest towards Mika doesnt seem in fade in french countries. Because not only is this young Brit-born in Liban and raised in France- speaks perfectly well in French, he also decided to make us remember him with his first french song, the bouncy Elle me dit.

Since the clip has been put online, its been seen almost 10 million times, which tells alot abou the popularity of the Grace Kelly author,no matter in what language he speaks.

Musically, Mika admits having been inspired by the Rita Mitsou*ko (Andy, to be exact)and the famous Video Killed the Radio Star from The Buggles to write this new song. But visually, his references are from the cinema.

He first quotes the director François Ozon, for is colorful esthetic, of course, but also for one of his actress, Fanny Ardent, appearing in a red dress. Another inspiraton of him was Wes Anderson (The Royal Tenenbaums).

Everything here breathes of happiness and carefreness: basically, something to help the fans be patient while thy wait for the album.

EMD cd is sold out for more than a week on Amazon.fr.

Seems that sales forecasts have been underestimated :teehee:

It's absolutely amazing that Elle me Dit is so successful:biggrin2:

Very, very happy to read that!!!

I made my own alternative karaoke version with my friend, you might be interested in! :teehee:

e_uDPptu380

:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

I was studying Russian, with headphones on my ears (obviously there was only mika's songs), when suddenly my two roommate screamed at the same time: "Dorotaaaaaaaaaaa, Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ". I was: "what, where, how?". It turned out that after many months of waiting, some (maybe not some but one of the biggest) Polish radio station finally decided to play Elle Dit Me :D Apparently the presenter said something before the song, but my friends werent able to say what specifically ,because they're began carefully listening to only after the magical word "Mika":naughty:

so,Mika finally on the Polish radio station :biggrin2:

Edited by Lady Mika

I was studying Russian, with headphones on my ears (obviously there was only mika's songs), when suddenly my two roommate screamed at the same time: "Dorotaaaaaaaaaaa, Mikaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ". I was: "what, where, how?". It turned out that after many months of waiting, some (maybe not some but one of the biggest) Polish radio station finally decided to play Elle Dit Me :D Apparently the presenter said something before the song, but my friends werent able to say what specifically ,because they're began carefully listening to only after the magical word "Mika":naughty:

Wow, maybe soon EMD will travel to Ukraine! We are the next country from Poland to the East :aah:

All I hear here, is sometimes Relax...

Wow, maybe soon EMD will travel to Ukraine! We are the next country from Poland to the East :aah:

Let's hope:thumb_yello:

Relax is quite popular here-radio stations play it regularly. But I was really shocked when I heard EMD:biggrin2:

Let's hope:thumb_yello:

Relax is quite popular here-radio stations play it regularly. But I was really shocked when I heard EMD:biggrin2:

:yay:

But how come UK radio NEVER plays anything Mika-ish? :dunno::sneaky2:

whaaat??:wink2::wink2:

gooood:thumb_yello:

radio stations are sooo boring...I don't really get why they played "relax" so often and no other songs...

tell me please which station.? or maybe it would be crypto sth.... so give me a clue..I will guess:boing: I wanna guess...:boing:

whaaat??:wink2::wink2:

gooood:thumb_yello:

radio stations are sooo boring...I don't really get why they played "relax" so often and no other songs...

tell me please which station.? or maybe it would be crypto sth.... so give me a clue..I will guess:boing: I wanna guess...:boing:

hmm,The first polish commercial radio station:biggrin2:

oh, oh..I "love" the word "commercial":wink2:

Is that "Z" or "R...m.." aaa I don't really care about crypto sth...

Zet or RMF fm????? I surrender -it's RMF (but I checked it:wink2:) ...wanted to look smart:wink2:

(btw I know some person from that radio, even molested him about inviting Mika to Oświęcim festival this year...-I think it was the start of the fest, the first edition, they had James Blunt....can't imagine "Mika in Oświęcim...." sounds unreal....but he was in Cattolica ...and Schaufhausen ) so......

Edited by Melisanda

oh, oh..I "love" the word "commercial":wink2:

Is that "Z" or "R...m.." aaa I don't really care about crypto sth...

Zet or RMF fm????? I surrender -it's RMF (but I checked it:wink2:) ...wanted to look smart:wink2:

yeah,that's RMF:naughty:

btw I'm really in :fangurl: mood since I've heard it :biggrin2: And now it's playing relax- 2 Mika's songs one day on the same radio stations-that's incredible :naughty:

Edited by Lady Mika

Have you noticed, Dorota , we have more and more small festivals in Poland..?.like Bydgoszcz..they invited Amy....that's good! I like it

Yeah,Poland becomes more international country-finally:thumb_yello:

Let's hope it's chance to another Mika's gig .Maybe even next year is possible? :wink2:

yeah,that's RMF:naughty:

btw I'm really in :fangurl: mood since I've heard it :biggrin2: And now it's playing relax- 2 Mika's songs one day on the same radio stations-that's incredible :naughty:

ah, after your post about elle me dit I tried to find rmf fm on my scale but I failed...If I were more persistent I would hear relax...;-)) (I think it's not the right eng tense but don't have time to think about it now;-))

hhha, what's the big thing? ;-) we have these songs and we can listen to them anytime but it's always a pleasure to listen to them on the public radio....

the sudden feeling...that's it! nice surprise....

hhha, what's the big thing? ;-) we have these songs and we can listen to them anytime but it's always a pleasure to listen to them on the public radio....

the sudden feeling...that's it! nice surprise....

yes, you're right. it's hard to explain why this happens, but really when you hear your favorite artist's songs on the radio, you feel something special and you're more happy (at least I am :naughty:)