Elle me dit - Song and Lyrics Discussion

What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of Mika's new single 'Elle Me Dit'?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be great if they had it in the australian itunes stor. but coz its in french, i dont think it will be anytime soon :(

He clearly only intended to release this song in French speaking countries, only so if it is not available for me to download it legally, that is not my problem.:dunno: I can easily wait until it gets released as the bonus track of his next album, together with that other French song, too.

But everyone cannot really be a "freak". That would by definition make them "normal". It all seems very gimmicky, especially coming from people who were most likely beautiful, gregarious, wealthy, etc. during that time of their lives and probably did not suffer anywhere near the real hardships of some of their fans.

YAY! Finally someone shares my opinion.. I'm over the whole 'freak' marketing ploy, and what grates my nerves about elle me dit is the fact its all teenage whiney. I'm 17 years old and I'm over the troubles with my parents, instead I'm working, studying, and focusing on moving away from home and taking control of my future. At some point, you have to man up, grow a pair, sort your sh8t out and stop whining about how you are a freak.. something Mika and Gaga are yet to do.

He clearly only intended to release this song in French speaking countries, only so if it is not available for me to download it legally, that is not my problem.:dunno: I can easily wait until it gets released as the bonus track of his next album, together with that other French song, too.

What is the other French song? I think it is annoying that France can buy music in English from the UK or the US more easily than we can buy music in French from France.

What is the other French song? I think it is annoying that France can buy music in English from the UK or the US more easily than we can buy music in French from France.

82 rue des Martyrs (Karen)

He has said that the bonus tracks will also only be available on the French release of the album so it will still be an issue then. :dunno:

He has said that the bonus tracks will also only be available on the French release of the album so it will still be an issue then. :dunno:

I think it is only a problem on iTunes since you can always buy the physical copy of an album from abroad via the net. :dunno:

At least we can get the Mp3 for the time being , I did :teehee:

Still it seems to me that EMD is too simple ...I agree - a typical summer hit-single. Too unpretentious, too electronic.

But the great idea was to sing it in French (isn`t it charming ?) though it sounds unusual to our hearing. Mika is ingenious, isn`t he ?!!!

For me - EMD will never be my No1 song, but it has charm and it`s catchy.

Mika usually puts a special "spice" into his simple songs like Relax, Rain, etc.

Do you remember Rain - the beginning of the song is ...running over the violin strings! He always finds an interesting details to ...

adorn.

Rain!:wub2:

The song, not the weather!:teehee:

Yesterday, was driving around listening to the radio. They took a cal from a listener for a request and she requested Elle me dit.:wink2:

I drove longer just to hear the complete song:mf_rosetinted:

Yaaay!

It sounds like Elle Me Dit is getting popular? Where do you live? :thumb_yello:

Yaaay!

It sounds like Elle Me Dit is getting popular? Where do you live? :thumb_yello:

I live in Montreal, Quebec, Canada but I'm visiting my hometown which is Quebec City. I live in the french-speaking part of Canada:wink2: