REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS - MIKA@Liège, Belgium - Festival Les Ardentes - 10 July 2011

Blue Sky

I arrived just before 5pm as my friends and I managed to reach the spot after 4 attempts :aah: There was a flee market and there was a new one way street.

When we joined the festival area, we were glad to be given gifts ie rucksacks and can holders. We headed towards the stage where Mika would perform and enjoyed breathing and looking at all the nice food on our way. The front of the stage was not crowded at all so we could find the fans we knew easily :biggrin2: We were in the 4th row, central position :thumb_yello:

The bands or singer before Mika's turn were very good (Suarez was cheeky with their explicit lyrics, Keziah Jones was amazing playing with his guitar on his back and his body is :mf_lustslow::roftl:, Puggy was great and put the audience in fire, Ozark Henry was okay). Then Mika's scenery was ready and I was very :blink: to see the same paintings and chandeliers as I thought they would be only for Compiègne and Ajaccio.

There was more interaction and Mika was happier than the day before (we were in Compiegne the previous night), the audience was great (:thumb_yello: I love the Belgian festivals!! People are on fire, singing, dancing, etc). We had little signs we showed when Mika sang 'Elle me dit' (the word 'danse' was written on them) and mika noticed them :thumb_yello: It was one of the nights of my life :wub2: We tried to wait for Mika after his performance but time was flying and we had to go back home so we missed the M&G.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody!

Mika's gig in Liège at Les Ardentes was my first Mika gig ever.

Last year I wanted to go to TW Classic, but I couldn't. It's always the same problem: how will I get there and who will go with me? Nobody of my friends is fan of Mika, and they will never join me Ö But this year, I really wanted to see Mika, and I really asked EVERYONE to join me, even strangers on the internet.( I didn't knew the Mikafanclub yet), and after one month, a guy said he wanted to join me. This guy only joined me because he found it very sad for me, so he wasn't really motivated, but whatever! I was going to see Mika this year!

I started to make a banner. I really wanted Mika to notice me! So I painted and painted, it took wééks to finish it. I worked more than 100, maybe 150 hours to finish it.

Here's a picture of the banner, by the way:

o5cnsn.jpg

We were standing in the tenth row, while I actually had planned to reach the fifth row. xD But however, I was happy. I was very nervous, I felt like throwing up or fainting xD But I didn't faint, didn't throw up :D and when Mika (finally!!!) appeared on stage, I felt nothing but happiness.

I think it was during 'blue eye's ' that I sat in the neck of that guy. I was the only girl in the air, it was great. I held my banner in the air, and Mika watched it an laughed. But I wasn't satisfied, he didn't look me in the eyes, he just watched the banner, that's all! He didn't look at me, not a second! So, a little later, I can't remember which song it was =( I held the banner again, but I wasn't sitting in his neck now. He didn't wanted it anymore, cause it was exhausting for him. And than Mika looked at the banner again and laughed again. Then, during his last song, I wanted to do it again, but there were people behind us who were getting really agressive, screaming: put that stupid thing away!' While, all together, I held the banner in the air for like maybe five minutes during 90 minutes-gig. What the hell were they complaining about? However, I putted away the banner, I didn't wanted to make them angry. (I was already imagining them ripping the banner in their anger Ö)

I was disappointed because mika didn't looked me in the eyes, but still... the gig was great! I had a very good time, dancing and singing! But then after the gig... I was soooooo disappointed. I don't no why I was so sad. I mean... he saw my banner, he laughed (not really in a friendly way, but rather like: wtf is this? This is crazy!) and still I was so sad. (Still don't understand why I can even be so sad??!!)In the car I was non-stop crying. I had a dream about Mika hugging me, and I believed that dreams come true. But apparently, they don't. When I came home, I checked twitter and than I saw Mika's tweet. And one moment, I thought the tweet was about me, about the banner, but later on, when I looked on this website, I realised what he really meant. And I started crying again. Because I wasn't there. But I'm happy for the people who met Mika. ^^

hi klikkie, i love your banner, and also thanks for your pm! don't be sad about not getting a hug from mika, you know, there are thousands of people who want a hug from him, and if he had to hug each of them, it'd be a bit too much. :wink2: but i'm sure he loved your banner, and didn't just think "wtf!" :biggrin2:

we waited for him after the show at the exit where the cars come out, but we weren't sure that he'd come out to meet us, it depends on his mood and how tired he is, how many people are there, etc.etc. - you can never know for sure. sometimes you're disappointed after a show because things didn't work the way you wanted, that's normal, but mika is just a human being too, he can't please everyone all the time - and in the end, you'll always need a bit of luck too. :rolls_eyes: don't expect too much, but it's good that you joined MFC now, if you post here and join the community (and of course keep to the forum rules :wink2:), i'm sure you'll soon make some friends here with whom you can go to more mika gigs, and then, maybe, one day you might get your hug, or at least meet mika. :wink2: but first, enjoy your time on MFC, there are a lot of nice people on here, and it's definitely fun! :biggrin2:

hi klikkie, i love your banner, and also thanks for your pm! don't be sad about not getting a hug from mika, you know, there are thousands of people who want a hug from him, and if he had to hug each of them, it'd be a bit too much. :wink2: but i'm sure he loved your banner, and didn't just think "wtf!" :biggrin2:

we waited for him after the show at the exit where the cars come out, but we weren't sure that he'd come out to meet us, it depends on his mood and how tired he is, how many people are there, etc.etc. - you can never know for sure. sometimes you're disappointed after a show because things didn't work the way you wanted, that's normal, but mika is just a human being too, he can't please everyone all the time - and in the end, you'll always need a bit of luck too. :rolls_eyes: don't expect too much, but it's good that you joined MFC now, if you post here and join the community (and of course keep to the forum rules :wink2:), i'm sure you'll soon make some friends here with whom you can go to more mika gigs, and then, maybe, one day you might get your hug, or at least meet mika. :wink2: but first, enjoy your time on MFC, there are a lot of nice people on here, and it's definitely fun! :biggrin2:

Okay! ^^ Yes, I really hope to meet new friends here, so that we can go together to a gig =D That would be great ^^

Thank you! =D Your comment made me feel a lot better now. Really :wink2:

I do understand that I blocked their view, of course. But... . I don't know what to say :huh:

Well, I just wanted to let you know that that is what they were complaining about. They paid a lot of money like you did so it sucks when they can't see anything. :wink2:

Well, I just wanted to let you know that that is what they were complaining about. They paid a lot of money like you did so it sucks when they can't see anything. :wink2:

yes that's true, nobody would like it if they can't see :huh:

i even asked some people to take of their hats cause we couldn't see, and they were very friendly and put them away, :teehee:

but i did like the banner klikkie, very nice work :wink2:

ok, my m+g video is currently uploading on youtube. it's too dark, shaky, too much zoom, too much silly talking of me (and i didn't even manage to bring across what i really meant, just talked rubbish! :aah:), but still i think it's a nice memory of that m+g for those who were there. :wink2:

and yes, mika indeed said that his red hair colour was disgusting, and he said sth like "look on the bottle, it says "revolting"!" :roftl: (that's in the end of the video, when he's already back inside the car).

if all goes well, the video should be online in 1-2 hours on my youtube account mellody76. :wink2: i'm off for now, cu later.

klikkie if you hang around MFC maybe one day you can get in line with other fans and put your banner up closer to the front where it won't block anyone's view.

And you might also hear stories from other fans on here about the strange sadness that sometimes comes after a special Mika gig. Lots of people get it...we call it PMD post-MIka-depression...it is the anti climax after such a long and exciting wait to see that pop star, then he does a great show, and then....back to real life like it was only a dream.:aah: It's hard to get used to, but we try.:wink2:

Hi everybody!

Last year I wanted to go to TW Classic, but I couldn't. It's always the same problem: how will I get there and who will go with me? Nobody of my friends is fan of Mika, and they will never join me Ö But this year, I really wanted to see Mika, and I really asked EVERYONE to join me, even strangers on the internet.( I didn't knew the Mikafanclub yet), and after one month, a guy said he wanted to join me. This guy only joined me because he found it very sad for me, so he wasn't really motivated, but whatever! I was going to see Mika this year!

I started to make a banner. I really wanted Mika to notice me! So I painted and painted, it took wééks to finish it. I worked more than 100, maybe 150 hours to finish it.

o5cnsn.jpg

We were standing in the tenth row, while I actually had planned to reach the fifth row. xD But however, I was happy. I was very nervous, I felt like throwing up or fainting xD But I didn't faint, didn't throw up :D and when Mika (finally!!!) appeared on stage, I felt nothing but happiness.

I think it was during 'blue eye's ' that I sat in the neck of that guy. I was the only girl in the air, it was great. I held my banner in the air, and Mika watched it an laughed. But I wasn't satisfied, he didn't look me in the eyes, he just watched the banner, that's all! He didn't look at me, not a second! So, a little later, I can't remember which song it was =( I held the banner again, but I wasn't sitting in his neck now. He didn't wanted it anymore, cause it was exhausting for him. And than Mika looked at the banner again and laughed again. Then, during his last song, I wanted to do it again, but there were people behind us who were getting really agressive, screaming: put that stupid thing away!' While, all together, I held the banner in the air for like maybe five minutes during 90 minutes-gig. What the hell were they complaining about? However, I putted away the banner, I didn't wanted to make them angry. (I was already imagining them ripping the banner in their anger Ö)

I was disappointed because mika didn't looked me in the eyes, but still... the gig was great! I had a very good time, dancing and singing! But then after the gig... I was soooooo disappointed. I don't no why I was so sad. I mean... he saw my banner, he laughed (not really in a friendly way, but rather like: wtf is this? This is crazy!) and still I was so sad. (Still don't understand why I can even be so sad??!!)In the car I was non-stop crying. I had a dream about Mika hugging me, and I believed that dreams come true. But apparently, they don't. When I came home, I checked twitter and than I saw Mika's tweet. And one moment, I thought the tweet was about me, about the banner, but later on, when I looked on this website, I realised what he really meant. And I started crying again. Because I wasn't there. But I'm happy for the people who met Mika. ^^

Honey, I think it's high time to step down from your little pink cloud! Don't get your hopes up so high, and don't expect so much! You're not the only Mika fan and it's impossible for Mika to give every fan extra attention!

You can have so much more fun if you don't expect anything! Then if things do happen you'll feel so much happier!

You can take this from on of the older Mika fans!:wink2:

Hi everybody!

o5cnsn.jpg

I saw your banner! It was amazing! I said to my friend "OMG look at that amazing banner! That must be an MFCer" :aah:

When the gig was over, I saw you putting it away and I almost said "nice banner" but I didn't dare it :aah: I'm just too shy :blush-anim-cl:

I'm having trouble uploading my pictures!

I thought to upload them via our computer, instead via my notebook, but my computer can't read my SD card!?!?!:shocked:

Gotta figure out what the problem is! It'll take some time I'm afraid! But we'll get there!

klikkie if you hang around MFC maybe one day you can get in line with other fans and put your banner up closer to the front where it won't block anyone's view.

And you might also hear stories from other fans on here about the strange sadness that sometimes comes after a special Mika gig. Lots of people get it...we call it PMD post-MIka-depression...it is the anti climax after such a long and exciting wait to see that pop star, then he does a great show, and then....back to real life like it was only a dream.:aah: It's hard to get used to, but we try.:wink2:

yes i know that all too well, and i'm quite sure that when the high from sunday's gig is over, it will hit me again :aah:

I'm having trouble uploading my pictures!

I thought to upload them via our computer, instead via my notebook, but my computer can't read my SD card!?!?!:shocked:

Gotta figure out what the problem is! It'll take some time I'm afraid! But we'll get there!

can't wait to see your pics :teehee:

Oh and i hope there's people who filmed a lot, cause my vids are cr*p, just watched and i can't put them on youtube, all you hear is dzz dzz dzz dzz; most o the time you can't even hear Mika sing, so :huh:

hope for vids from others :)

yes that's true, nobody would like it if they can't see :huh:

i even asked some people to take of their hats cause we couldn't see, and they were very friendly and put them away, :teehee:

but i did like the banner klikkie, very nice work :wink2:

So true!

I was standing behind a tall guy at first :lmfao: Didn't see anything :aah: After a few songs though, some people wanted to leave so were pushing a lot. And all of a sudden the girl standing in front of me pulled me next to her in front of the guy, and he was totally okay with it :aah: Seriously, everyone was super friendly.

But I can understand people get a bit pissed off if you have such a huge banner in front of you. I'd be pissed off too.

ok, my m+g video is currently uploading on youtube. it's too dark, shaky, too much zoom, too much silly talking of me (and i didn't even manage to bring across what i really meant, just talked rubbish! :aah:), but still i think it's a nice memory of that m+g for those who were there. :wink2:

and yes, mika indeed said that his red hair colour was disgusting, and he said sth like "look on the bottle, it says "revolting"!" :roftl: (that's in the end of the video, when he's already back inside the car).

if all goes well, the video should be online in 1-2 hours on my youtube account mellody76. :wink2: i'm off for now, cu later.

Here's mellody's video of the m&g :biggrin2:

[YOUTUBE]tXyxz4fu9Fc[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

Is it embarrassing for me? Should I really watch it? :blush-anim-cl::aah::naughty:

Edit: Okay not as embarrassing as I thought phew! We already wondered why he came back to us about the t-shirts. And I was right in suspecting Mellody as responsible :bleh::naughty: thank you for that! :wub2:

Aaaaahw!!! That's such a sweet vid.. All the sweet words from mika.. And he really took the time (that late!).. Thanks for uploading :)..

Archived