introduce lovely songs from your area!

boom_kimool_boom

it's not a thread at all,but it's nice to know about our cultures!:wink2::teehee:

NOW! let's introduce our good singers from our nationality,our language, our country...our favs ones,the songs we have a lot of memories from them and ...:boxed::biggrin2:

i start, with a Turkish song,an old one and actually my fav Turkish singer since childhood::aah:

[YOUTUBE]eKhS_ugiqnU&feature[/YOUTUBE]

and also an Arabic song,an old one and also My favourite from the sweet time of childhood!

[YOUTUBE]-tJWw6Ql6fs&feature[/YOUTUBE]

your turns!!! :wub2:

Edited by boom_kimool_boom

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone check out Parlez -Vous Francais by Art vs. Science, an australian band. Yes 1/3 of the song is i'm frnech but still lol. The music video is awesome.! Also look up 'Can you hear the f****ng music coming out if my car' by axis of awesome and 'prejudse' by tim minchin. All australian artists :) sorry about my spelling :)

Everyone check out Parlez -Vous Francais by Art vs. Science, an australian band. Yes 1/3 of the song is i'm frnech but still lol. The music video is awesome.! Also look up 'Can you hear the f****ng music coming out if my car' by axis of awesome and 'prejudse' by tim minchin. All australian artists :) sorry about my spelling :)

i watched the french one! it was awesome,especially when they fight !:roftl:

you seriously don't want to listen to Vietnamese songs. They're all similar and I just don't like them

+ 1 :naughty:

same with Georgia... I don't like any of Georgian songs :aah:

but I think Katie Melua is okay, since she sings in English :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]1AV84Q-lq1A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Blame it on the..... :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]3BPcTIz08pk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

but anyways, it's not georgian..

[YOUTUBE]1AV84Q-lq1A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Blame it on the..... :teehee:

[YOUTUBE]3BPcTIz08pk&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

her face looks like Penelope Cruz!

well prolly the most famous artiste from my home country (guyana) is eddy grant..you can check him out in the 80s classic 'electric avenue':

then barbados' most famous star is obv. the ridiculously prolific rihanna:biggrin2:

her latest single : we found love

i don't really like soca, though you can't escape it here, especially around carnival time...This song by Rupee was pretty popular in other countries too, and i actually like it. brings back good memories! :naughty:

well prolly the most famous artiste from my home country (guyana) is eddy grant..you can check him out in the 80s classic 'electric avenue':

then barbados' most famous star is obv. the ridiculously prolific rihanna:biggrin2:

her latest single : we found love

i don't really like soca, though you can't escape it here, especially around carnival time...This song by Rupee was pretty popular in other countries too, and i actually like it. brings back good memories! :naughty:

You will laugh, but after posting my vids here, I had a thought about you in the context of Rihanna :roftl:

And here you really tell it! I'm a prophet :mf_rosetinted:

Hmm well I pretty much hate most Greek songs, but I'm just going to show you some that my non-Greek speaking friends like:

:aah:

I love Greek language so I can take pretty much anything, as long as it's in Greek :wub2:

well, OK, not EVERYTHING :teehee:

but this one always makes me dance:

[YOUTUBE]OQXshmYEcw4[/YOUTUBE]

She sings in catalan, my mother's tongue.We speak catalan in Catalonia a part of Spain for example in Barcelona :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]syXfAGbZbmQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]pkKBtxRHYsY[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Mikasister

She sings in catalan, my mother's tongue.We speak catalan in Catalonia a part of Spain for example in Barcelona :wink2:

I would never thought it is language from Spain! I would definitely understand nothing at this part of country...

And which parts of Spain people talk a literature Spanish? Are there any other dialects?

Oh I love that song, it's a total classic! :mf_lustslow:

I don't really listen to a lot of Finnish music, but one of my favourites is The Crash. This song doesn't have an official video but it's my favourite at the moment, so here you go!

I personally think The Crash is one of the most underrated Finnish bands ever, it's sad that they quit. :emot-sad: There's been gossip about the singer being in a new band called Studio Killers, but there's no certainty because they're like Gorillaz, a virtual band. :biggrin2: I think they've only released one full song so far, I'll post that one as well even though it's not a completely Finnish band. :teehee:

I would never thought it is language from Spain! I would definitely understand nothing at this part of country...

And which parts of Spain people talk a literature Spanish? Are there any other dialects?

ofc in Catalonia we speak in spanish, there're two official languages, spanish and catalan.

In the north-west of Spain some people speaks galician ( exe: Vigo) and there's another language called basque, that only speaks in some northern provinces, that's a very difficult language.:aah:

Oh I love that song, it's a total classic! :mf_lustslow:

I don't really listen to a lot of Finnish music, but one of my favourites is The Crash. This song doesn't have an official video but it's my favourite at the moment, so here you go!

OOO I love that first song! listened to some of their other stuff - noice! the lead singer sounds like macy gray ...:naughty:

OOO I love that first song! listened to some of their other stuff - noice! the lead singer sounds like macy gray ...:naughty:

Hey you're right! I've never noticed that before but there's definitely a similarity, how strange! :naughty:

Glad you liked it! :thumb_yello:

Here's another artist I like, Chisu, one of the decent female ones. Those of you who are curious about what the Finnish language sounds like, give it a go. :naughty:

this is a song that bring to me all the good memories i had from primary school.

well,from my country the best i can recomend is arash.he doesn't llive in iran,cuz he's not able to.whatever...maybe u haerd it.:teehee:

but his hit is broken angel...

Edited by boom_kimool_boom

Katie Melua is Georgian?:shocked: I like her, but didn't know that.

:aah:

I love Greek language so I can take pretty much anything, as long as it's in Greek :wub2:

Shame on you! Greek, :shocked: and we have some great bands in Serbia. :bleh: :naughty:Here are some of my favorite Serbian bands. :biggrin2:

[YOUTUBE]ixUyvtbI7LU[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ex8Eq6utFdE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GY92GgXTegc[/YOUTUBE]

The musical scene in our country is really strange. We have a looooot of sh** music, but on the other hand there are a lot of great bands, not widely popular, but they are popular amongst the people that understand them. :naughty: