introduce lovely songs from your area!

boom_kimool_boom

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i am so loving this thread - love discovering new music :thumb_yello:

Here's another artist I like, Chisu, one of the decent female ones. Those of you who are curious about what the Finnish language sounds like, give it a go. :naughty:

interesting - i kept thinking she was speaking english in some strange accent i couldn't get - weird i know...:boxed:

this is a song that bring to me all the good memories i had from primary school.

well,from my country the best i can recomend is arash.he doesn't llive in iran,cuz he's not able to.whatever...maybe u haerd it.:teehee:

but his hit is broken angel...

thanks for introducing me to this guy - i like his songs and their catchiness! :thumb_yello:and that helena chick is hot..:wink2:

Here's another artist I like, Chisu, one of the decent female ones. Those of you who are curious about what the Finnish language sounds like, give it a go. :naughty:

I must say, it took some time but by now I love the sound of the Finnish language. Funnily enough I even started learning it a little because I fell in love with a finnish song :wub2:

I must say, it took some time but by now I love the sound of the Finnish language. Funnily enough I even started learning it a little because I fell in love with a finnish song :wub2:

I can teach you if you want to :teehee: I know I'm being awfully curious but what song was it? The one I posted or some other?

I was in England for a one-week vacation and since everything they know about India is based on the movie "Slum Dog Millionaire" here's a song from that movie. :teehee:

:roftl: what?? no bollywood songs? :biggrin2:

i have indian ancestors and there's a large indian-descent population where i'm from, so you can imagine i was exposed to a *lot* of indian music! not really my cuppa tea, but i do have some nostalgic faves like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zJjV8b3xA4&feature=related

it's a remix of an older song, the vid's cheesy but i like this version because it's more danceable...

sorry to hijack ur country's music jaya - i'm done now :teehee:

Nice thread! :thumb_yello:

btw Mustafa Sandal is well known in Serbia. He is Serbian "son-in-law" :teehee::roftl:

seriously? that's nice!;)

nas:ur welcome!!also,ur singer(rihanna) is my top female artist!:mf_lustslow:

yeah,helena is hot this video is the continue from this one:

i'm not from poland,but i kinda in love with this song,from wet fingers:

jaya:i love slumdog millionaire,also this jay ho song!

Edited by boom_kimool_boom

+ 1 :naughty:

same with Georgia... I don't like any of Georgian songs :aah:

but I think Katie Melua is okay, since she sings in English :naughty:

WOW!

these song r just awesome!

i love this kind of music,thanks for recommending!:mf_lustslow:

Hmm well I pretty much hate most Greek songs, but I'm just going to show you some that my non-Greek speaking friends like:

wow! i have to visit ur country,i guess it's second heaven,as i heard...and i haven't heard greek till now!:teehee:

She sings in catalan, my mother's tongue.We speak catalan in Catalonia a part of Spain for example in Barcelona :wink2:

catalian is a mixture of french and spanish i think...i love the music!:mf_lustslow:

flyingkites:The crash is a perfect band:mf_lustslow:,i'm gonna dl their songs:wink2:

Edited by boom_kimool_boom

I can teach you if you want to :teehee: I know I'm being awfully curious but what song was it? The one I posted or some other?

I'll defenetly go back to learning it, but at the moment it's a bit difficult. Maybe I come back to that offer :wink2:

No, I didn"t know the song you've posted. It was kun mina kotoani laksin (sorry for lacking the dots on the letters, silly english keyboard) I think this song is really beautiful.:wub2:

I'll defenetly go back to learning it, but at the moment it's a bit difficult. Maybe I come back to that offer :wink2:

No, I didn"t know the song you've posted. It was kun mina kotoani laksin (sorry for lacking the dots on the letters, silly english keyboard) I think this song is really beautiful.:wub2:

Oh wow, I find that pretty surprising! I would've never guessed that the melancholy of Finnish music can be appealing to someone. :teehee:

Let me know if you need help in learning the language when you get back to it! :wink2:

:roftl: what?? no bollywood songs? :biggrin2:

i have indian ancestors and there's a large indian-descent population where i'm from, so you can imagine i was exposed to a *lot* of indian music! not really my cuppa tea, but i do have some nostalgic faves like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zJjV8b3xA4&feature=related

it's a remix of an older song, the vid's cheesy but i like this version because it's more danceable...

sorry to hijack ur country's music jaya - i'm done now :teehee:

Hahahaahaha, Yeah, I don't like the typically "Bollywood" songs either ! :aah: Aww, :wub2:

Haha, It's not like I mind ! It's great to see other people interested in foreign music ! :yay:

seriously? that's nice!;)

nas:ur welcome!!also,ur singer(rihanna) is my top female artist!:mf_lustslow:

yeah,helena is hot this video is the continue from this one:

i'm not from poland,but i kinda in love with this song,from wet fingers:

jaya:i love slumdog millionaire,also this jay ho song!

wow! i have to visit ur country,i guess it's second heaven,as i heard...and i haven't heard greek till now!:teehee:

Haha everyone says that, but I guess I'm kinda used to it :aah: I don't like Greek cities at all, only Greek nature. Especially for sea lovers, greek islands must be heaven indeed!

Oh wow, I find that pretty surprising! I would've never guessed that the melancholy of Finnish music can be appealing to someone. :teehee:

Let me know if you need help in learning the language when you get back to it! :wink2:

I don't know, I think I have a weak spot for that kind of music:biggrin2: But then, why not?

I'll remind you of that:wink2:

That's what I like from our Russian

[YOUTUBE]AMoIa_hF3Gs[/YOUTUBE]

I just had an immense flashback :naughty:.

As for Estonian music, a few years back the following song was chosen as the best Estonian song

[YOUTUBE]i-6tLn6hQ7Q[/YOUTUBE]

It is indeed a very 'Estonian' song, but I believe it won due to the nostalgic feeling people have for it. It was the theme song of fighting for the re-independence over 20 years ago - the 'singing revolution', as it is called - when spontaneous singing festivals were held at night during one summer week-end. I'm not a fan of patriotic songs, yet this one still gives me shivers whenever I hear it. I was a teenager back in 1988 and was there at the song festival grounds among thousands of people, holding my small blue-black-white flag. The events that lead to the birth of our country were the peak of solidarity among the Estonian population, something I no longer feel in the 'teenage' country :dunno:.

The following song is a better example of how beautiful Estonian sounds in songs (even if I do say so myself :naughty:). I couldn't find the version I was looking for :sad:. This one is a part of a graduation show of the Theater Academy and not all the actors-to-be are equally good singers :teehee:. But I love the song both for the melody and the lyrics (which have an odd translation :aah:).

[YOUTUBE]VOrEdIxGPoA[/YOUTUBE]