"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

If the Origin of Love isn't released unil summer, it would be mildy disappointing... But it would be for the best!! I would be fine with it :biggrin2: Just imagine.. A new album that wasn't released under the pressure to be out on time... It will be better for Mika and the album! :mf_lustslow:

For the album, yes. For Mika... I´m not that sure... It seems only France remembers him.

Anyway, it´s up to him and to his label when to release it, so.... :dunno:

For the album, yes. For Mika... I´m not that sure... It seems only France remembers him.

Anyway, it´s up to him and to his label when to release it, so.... :dunno:

I think it's more like "Mika remembers only France" :sneaky2:

I think it's more like "Mika remembers only France" :sneaky2:

no... in this case, it´s France who remembers Mika (IMO) and give him awards even if has no album released (hilarious, btw) and they play his songs on radio stations, and stuff. It was that french guy (don´t remember his name) who contacted Mika to make him record a song in French, and not the other way around.

Anyway, I think it´s normal he wants to thank to France etc... but... the rest of the world is here too...

LISTEN MIKA?? WE-ARE-HERE!!!

no... in this case, it´s France who remembers Mika (IMO) and give him awards even if has no album released (hilarious, btw) and they play his songs on radio stations, and stuff. It was that french guy (don´t remember his name) who contacted Mika to make him record a song in French, and not the other way around.

Anyway, I think it´s normal he wants to thank to France etc... but... the rest of the world is here too...

Maybe you're right :naughty: Hope things will change with the new album :teehee: He must comeback to the spotlight :aah:

I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You focus on one market because you think they are the only ones supporting you and they are going to be the only ones interested in you. :dunno: I've heard Mika say several times (I think about Japan and Italy) that he wants to go there so he makes a concerted effort to establish a career there. By the same token if you neglect a market you get nothing back.

I noticed someone on Facebook this morning complaining that he has neglected England and there's been no sign of him for years. I am hearing this everywhere. From friends, from old fans who don't come around MFC anymore, from press/blogs and from total strangers (I don't know this person on FB). People notice...and the ones who don't even notice are even less likely to be won back.

If he wants a career in France, then I'm glad he is doing so well there. But he did not sell 6 million copies of LICM all in France so...

These last posts about Mika's career in France reminded me of what he said in an interview just before the PDP gig; that (I quote) 'more than any other territory, it's a personal mission' for him to have a career in France.

I hadn't thought much about it because for me Mika really is an international star but now I wonder.. I hope it's not his plan to focus only on France.

These last posts about Mika's career in France reminded me of what he said in an interview just before the PDP gig; that (I quote) 'more than any other territory, it's a personal mission' for him to have a career in France.

I would say "mission accomplished", now he can concentrate on the rest of the world :naughty:

Yes these are the kinds of comments I'm referring to. And when he completely ignores English speaking countries for YEARS it sends the exact opposite message. That he doesn't want to work for a career in these markets. Because it is work. You can't just release a song in English and expect people to offer you a knighthood. :naughty:

I think it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You focus on one market because you think they are the only ones supporting you and they are going to be the only ones interested in you. :dunno: I've heard Mika say several times (I think about Japan and Italy) that he wants to go there so he makes a concerted effort to establish a career there. By the same token if you neglect a market you get nothing back.

I noticed someone on Facebook this morning complaining that he has neglected England and there's been no sign of him for years. I am hearing this everywhere. From friends, from old fans who don't come around MFC anymore, from press/blogs and from total strangers (I don't know this person on FB). People notice...and the ones who don't even notice are even less likely to be won back.

If he wants a career in France, then I'm glad he is doing so well there. But he did not sell 6 million copies of LICM all in France so...

Yes, but I´m not sure how it works... Cause it´s not Mika phoning to some random country "hey, I want to perfom there, can you please hire me?" So no matter if he wants or doesn´t want, he will play whenever he is hired...

I think he is quite overrated in France (which is good for him, of course) and quite underrated (if this word exists) in the rest of the world. Like in Spain... People loved him when he appeared in El Hormiguero, and he got a great response in all his gigs here, but still, his music is not played that often in our radio stations... they are stuck in "Relax". I never heard any song from his second album here.

I don´t really think he is focussing just in France, but maybe, France is the only country contacting his manager to hire him...

Yes, but I´m not sure how it works... Cause it´s not Mika phoning to some random country "hey, I want to perfom there, can you please hire me?" So no matter if he wants or doesn´t want, he will play whenever he is hired...

Mika is not hired to do every gig. If it worked like that he would just play random dates all over the place and not be going on tours of countries or entire continents at one time. He can tour North America if he wants (or if the record company supports it/it can be justified, etc.) The demand determines whether he plays a dive with a capacity of 200 people or whether he plays an arena. It's not simply a case of him sitting by the phone and North America is not calling.

If someone - let's take Robbie Williams for example - decides that they can't be bothered to continue touring clubs North America because they could be using their time to sell out stadiums in Europe then that is his choice. But once he made that choice his potential for a career in the US was over. No one is going to come knocking on your door when they don't know you exist.

I am sure that there is demand in NYC, Montréal and LA for Mika to perform in venues at least the size he has done in the past (Montréal was his first arena show, BTW).

Anyway he hasn't done a proper tour of anywhere, including France, in a couple of years so I guess we'll see what happens in 2012/2013.

Mika is not hired to do every gig. If it worked like that he would just play random dates all over the place and not be going on tours of countries or entire continents at one time. He can tour North America if he wants (or if the record company supports it/it can be justified, etc.) The demand determines whether he plays a dive with a capacity of 200 people or whether he plays an arena. It's not simply a case of him sitting by the phone and North America is not calling.

If someone - let's take Robbie Williams for example - decides that they can't be bothered to continue touring clubs North America because they could be using their time to sell out stadiums in Europe then that is his choice. But once he made that choice his potential for a career in the US was over. No one is going to come knocking on your door when they don't know you exist.

I am sure that there is demand in NYC, Montréal and LA for Mika to perform in venues at least the size he has done in the past (Montréal was his first arena show, BTW).

Anyway he hasn't done a proper tour of anywhere, including France, in a couple of years so I guess we'll see what happens in 2012/2013.

So... it´s more a thing about his management? label? As I told before I have no idea how it works... but... if it´s about demands... how is it possible that Mika in the last two years performed in 5 different towns in my country when he is never aired here? How do they know the demands?

Even I am a bit fed up with the whole French thing and I have been pretty lenient so far. I don't want to follow have to go to France to see him this year. It's all fun for France, but I feel like the rest of us are left out for now. And I'm not usually one to complain about these things.

So... it´s more a thing about his management? label? As I told before I have no idea how it works... but... if it´s about demands... how is it possible that Mika in the last two years performed in 5 different towns in my country when he is never aired here? How do they know the demands?

It's mostly festivals isn't it? He would be hired for those I believe.

I think the demand is hit/miss. Sometimes they have to change the venues because they don't make the right call. If I recall they had to reschedule the entire German tour last time.

Whichever boneheads were booking Adele put her into a little club in Toronto that Mika played in early 2008 and they had to upgrade her to our largest arena a few weeks later. And the extra many thousands of seats sold out in minutes. She could have done 2 arena shows here at least.

‏@mikasounds

back @ studio. Pino Palladino is adding fretless bass to a couple songs. Its an amazing sound, sticks like glue, like a synth but more heart

Mika is finally giving away some peaces of a puzzle, but it sounds more like a word association game. :aah:

I love how Pino plays, and NOW I'm really impatient.:teehee:

EDIT: Maybe this is the bass guitar that is going to be heard.

Edited by nenartus

It's mostly festivals isn't it? He would be hired for those I believe.

I think the demand is hit/miss. Sometimes they have to change the venues because they don't make the right call. If I recall they had to reschedule the entire German tour last time.

Whichever boneheads were booking Adele put her into a little club in Toronto that Mika played in early 2008 and they had to upgrade her to our largest arena a few weeks later. And the extra many thousands of seats sold out in minutes. She could have done 2 arena shows here at least.

3 festivals and 2 gigs in Madrid and Barcelona...

Even I am a bit fed up with the whole French thing and I have been pretty lenient so far. I don't want to follow have to go to France to see him this year. It's all fun for France, but I feel like the rest of us are left out for now. And I'm not usually one to complain about these things.

Maybe I'm wrong but my sense is it's not so fun for France either. :naughty: If he only plays France then the whole world descends on their gigs and that's one of the reasons Compiègne was so mental.

Maybe I'm wrong but my sense is it's not so fun for France either. :naughty: If he only plays France then the whole world descends on their gigs and that's one of the reasons Compiègne was so mental.

Perhaps, but had it not been for the foreigners, there wouldn't have been quite enough paying visitors:naughty:

Foreigners (or French Mika fans either) didn't make it mental, it was simply badly organized. I didn't mind I was number 150 or something, the problem was those around 2000 people (with cat 2 or 3 or free tickets) who were let in before numbered and cat 1 ticket people.

Foreigners (or French Mika fans either) didn't make it mental, it was simply badly organized. I didn't mind I was number 150 or something, the problem was those around 2000 people (with cat 2 or 3 or free tickets) who were let in before numbered and cat 1 ticket people.

Who paid 50 fecking euros.

Queuing at 2 am is mental to me and I think that was down to the competition among fans, not the organization by the promoters, non? If the organization had been better then at least the people who were there at 2 am would have ended up in the front row but it's still crazy to me. The last gig I went to in Canada the queue started forming at 4 pm. The promoters and the venues don't control or even influence that kind of thing.

Who paid 50 fecking euros.

Exactly. People pay for a cat 1 ticket to get a cat 1 spot. It is silly to buy an expensive ticket if thousands of people with free tickets are let in before you. And it was not only that. Security looked totally unprofessional compared to the size of the event. People got hurt because the crowd was not under control. Not badly, but it affected the atmosphere (imo).

Lol, it may sound weird but I'm still really happy I decided to go there. The venue was special and worth seeing and I loved Karen immediately. I know it divides opinions but for me it's an important song and hearing it was worth the chaos. I hope they learnt something, and I have seen so many great gigs in France that no trauma for me :naughty:

Queuing at 2 am is mental to me and I think that was down to the competition among fans, not the organization by the promoters, non? If the organization had been better then at least the people who were there at 2 am would have ended up in the front row but it's still crazy to me. The last gig I went to in Canada the queue started forming at 4 pm. The promoters and the venues don't control or even influence that kind of thing.

Well, I guess you are right! I arrived late so I missed the early queueing and the afternoon was peaceful. I can only talk about time before/during entering and during the gig and it was more chaotic than at any gigs I have seen and I have seen a few.

Well, I guess you are right! I arrived late so I missed the early queueing and the afternoon was peaceful. I can only talk about time before/during entering and during the gig and it was more chaotic than at any gigs I have seen and I have seen a few.

Hopefully those people have gone out of business and no one has to experience that again. :aah: The London venues were a big free-for-all back in the day and it's very stressful even though there were less people.

I want to go in Canada for a gig!!