"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Queuing at 2 am is mental to me and I think that was down to the competition among fans, not the organization by the promoters, non? If the organization had been better then at least the people who were there at 2 am would have ended up in the front row but it's still crazy to me. The last gig I went to in Canada the queue started forming at 4 pm. The promoters and the venues don't control or even influence that kind of thing.

Mind you, the majority of the people queueing at that hour were not foreign and besides, many got a number and then returned to their hotel, I mean, wtf?

We weren't planning on going too early but we received a text at 6 am that there were already over 80 people.

Mind you, the majority of the people queueing at that hour were not foreign and besides, many got a number and then returned to their hotel, I mean, wtf?

We weren't planning on going too early but we received a text at 6 am that there were already over 80 people.

6am?? :sneaky2: But how can people enjoy the show in the evening after queueing from 6am? I saw Mika twice (yes,both festivals) and the whole atmosphere was so decent! At first, people starting to come around 4pm,but only because it was a free festival (20.000 people) and the venue was on the beach and many of them were already there.For the second one(last summer) Mika started to perform at midnight(00.00) and at 11pm only 10-20 MFCers were there :wink2:.We were lucky because there was 4 diferrent scenes and people moved from one to another. That's why I'm not scared about festivals at all,but I guess small gigs are better. :teehee:

I want to go in Canada for a gig!!

Me too! Sadly there don't seem to be any Mika gigs here anymore which is why I'm moaning. :roftl:

Oh I don't mean foreigners are starting the queues. It's just that when every hard core fan in Europe goes to one gig everyone knows that there is going to be fierce competition to get to the front and that's what happens. The same thing happened in London in 2008 because Mika had effectively stopped touring so everyone thought these were the last proper shows before his 2nd album came out. I was at Brixton one day for 21 hours. We got there at 5am and finally left at 2 am the next day. After standing in a room with Mika for 90 minutes and still not getting anywhere near him because he was being mobbed the entire time. That's what I call mental.

Those days are over for me. Mika acted like some kind of amphetamine for me in those days to keep this oldling jetlagged tired body going but that early thrill has worn off and I just want to enjoy some music and dance for 90 minutes, you know? No one could have predicted the incompetence of the promoters but I knew it was going to be hypercompetitive at Compiegne and that's why I didn't go.

6am?? :sneaky2: But how can people enjoy the show in the evening after queueing from 6am? I saw Mika twice (yes,both festivals) and the whole atmosphere was so decent! At first, people starting to come around 4pm,but only because it was a free festival (20.000 people) and the venue was on the beach and many of them were already there.For the second one(last summer) Mika started to perform at midnight(00.00) and at 11pm only 10-20 MFCers were there :wink2:.We were lucky because there was 4 diferrent scenes and people moved from one to another. That's why I'm not scared about festivals at all,but I guess small gigs are better. :teehee:

At 6am there were 80 people. They started at 2am

Me too! Sadly there don't seem to be any Mika gigs here anymore which is why I'm moaning. :roftl:

Oh I don't mean foreigners are starting the queues. It's just that when every hard core fan in Europe goes to one gig everyone knows that there is going to be fierce competition to get to the front and that's what happens. The same thing happened in London in 2008 because Mika had effectively stopped touring so everyone thought these were the last proper shows before his 2nd album came out. I was at Brixton one day for 21 hours. We got there at 5am and finally left at 2 am the next day. After standing in a room with Mika for 90 minutes and still not getting anywhere near him because he was being mobbed the entire time. That's what I call mental.

Those days are over for me. Mika acted like some kind of amphetamine for me in those days to keep this oldling jetlagged tired body going but that early thrill has worn off and I just want to enjoy some music and dance for 90 minutes, you know? No one could have predicted the incompetence of the promoters but I knew it was going to be hypercompetitive at Compiegne and that's why I didn't go.

Yeah true. Next day people also queued at a festival and we arrived at 7pm and were at the front. In Porto they started queueing but Mary started a bitchfest and the people of the festival agreed and it was undone. Thank God.

:Update:

working on Step With Me, which I wrote with Hillary Lindsey who I met at ASCAP writing camp @ Miles Copland's haunted castle in France

7 minutes ago via web

Edit: New song title? I don't remember seeing it before :dunno:

:Update:

working on Step With Me, which I wrote with Hillary Lindsey who I met at ASCAP writing camp @ Miles Copland's haunted castle in France

7 minutes ago via web

Edit: New song title? I don't remember seeing it before :dunno:

yeah New one!! :boing:

what do we know about the release datum?

i 'm. soooo hysterical about it :mf_lustslow: and

i can't wait !!! :teehee:

thanks! x

on lozza's facebook page it says:

"Doveva essere marzo ma Mika ha fatto sapere che dovremo aspettare l’estate per l’uscita del suo ultimo album, “The origin of love”. Consoliamoci alzando il volume e godendoci la bellissima giornata."

i think it means that the the album release was due in march, but MIKA said we will have to wait till summer.

I don't really get the last sentence, something to do with being consoled by turning up the volume and listening we are golden to enjoy a good day, since they put the WAG video.

Edited by w-lil

Great thread :wink2:

We are detectives looking for The origin Of Love everywhere :naughty:

As a French fan I want to say how sorry I am that there are no gigs anounced in other countries yet :tears: I keep hoping new dates in other countries will be announced as Mika has fierce fans all over the world.

He did say it was a warm up to give those few French gigs, so France will be for testing his new songs and when Mika is happy with them he will share them with everyone :dunno: Maybe our boy is shy because of what happened with TBWKTM , so he needs to be reassured :dunno: and since Elle Me Dit was such a big hit in France, he wants to test his new album songs there too? :dunno:

So once he knows all his new songs well :teehee: , he will share them in stage with the whole world :wink2:

We all know he is the best, but maybe he still doubts it himself :dunno:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Great thread :wink2:

We are detectives looking for The origin Of Love everywhere :naughty: :

yes, exactly. :roftl:

As a French fan I want to say how sorry I am that there are no gigs anounced in other countries yet :tears: I keep hoping new dates in other countries will be announced as Mika has fierce fans all over the world.

He did say it was a warm up to give those few French gigs, so France will be for testing his new songs and when Mika is happy with them he will share them with everyone :dunno: Maybe our boy is shy because of what happened with TBWKTM , so he needs to be reassured and since Elle Me Dit was such a big hit in France, he wants to test his new album songs there too?

The problem of this method is that testing something in one market can be rather misleading, particularly considering what happened with the previous album: success in France but in other countries it did not go down that well. So in a way, it would be him burying his head in a sack.

However, I don’t think that is his intention and I am pretty sure he’d love to take his shows to other places, it’s just that it is difficult to build demand in other countries without a couple of great and successful songs already out as his shows are unlikely to sell right now. So perhaps he'll wait with announcing more dates until he releases the first single as hopefully he will be all over the media again :dunno:

Edited by suzie

MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

Am auctioning a drawing for Epilepsy Action. Its the very FIRST prep sketch for the new album artwork!! tinyurl.com/87q8guj make it yours!

426858_10150614670463040_6006248039_9255548_58651509_n.jpg

I don't know why, but I imagined the album cover will be totally different style this time. I don't know why I thought like that :doh: maybe because EMD had a different style cover (and that was probably only because they didn't have time to do proper artwork). Of course TOOL will have a proper artwork, just as LICM and TBWKTM. And I always thought there will be blue and yellow in the cover because he seems to love those colors these days :teehee: We will see. The sketch looks very special, the price will be quite high (too much for me).

I don't know why, but I imagined the album cover will be totally different style this time. I don't know why I thought like that :doh: maybe because EMD had a different style cover (and that was probably only because they didn't have time to do proper artwork). .

I hope the new cover WILL be different ! If we see it in summer - Mika has pretty enough time to work it out :wink2:

I hope the new cover WILL be different ! If we see it in summer - Mika has pretty enough time to work it out :wink2:

You mean different than EMD or different than his previous album artworks? He has time until summer, but he has his new songs to learn and his new show to create :teehee: So actually he is quite busy, but hopefully enjoys everything and he is probably not doing the artwork alone.

MIKA official ‏ @mikasounds

Am auctioning a drawing for Epilepsy Action. Its the very FIRST prep sketch for the new album artwork!! tinyurl.com/87q8guj make it yours!

426858_10150614670463040_6006248039_9255548_58651509_n.jpg

This is pretty special:wub2:

I'm really excited about the new album's artwork, cant wait to see the new illustrations:biggrin2: