"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Wonder Overrated would be reproduced as a love song ...then :teehee:

I always thought Overrated is a love song,also Intoxicated :teehee:

sure....

overrated..

more like the fear that the one you care for/about/are in love with won't love you when discovers more things about you/the"real" you or watever...

more like a "fear song"

oh god, real love is when you know someone....different sides of the person. I love you for things and I love you in spite of things...but maybe with all your colours I love you really cause they make you "you"

and yes, overrated is a pearl, already, like all Mika's demos...cause of the raw emotions on them....

will see what happens with "overrated" on tool....guess with me will be like in "falling"-"ISY" case....I treat these songs a bit separately but love them both

sure....

overrated..

more like the fear that the one you care for/about/are in love with won't love you when discovers more things about you/the"real" you or watever...

more like a "fear song"

oh god, real love is when you know someone....different sides of the person. I love you for things and I love you in spite of things...but maybe with all your colours I love you really cause they make you "you"

I always saw this song from the other side, not like they won't love you anymore if they know everything about you, but more like you want to be the best for them and not "disappoint" them when they know your flaws

I don't know...

still, beautiful song :wub2:

I always saw this song from the other side, not like they won't love you anymore if they know everything about you, but more like you want to be the best for them and not "disappoint" them when they know your flaws

I don't know...

still, beautiful song :wub2:

yeaah.. it doesn't exclude what I wrote... it's all about this...but still the fear...cause you can't keep the bubble , the ilusion forever...like "keep me overrated" ...sure when we love someone we see that person in the pink light..that person is a bit overrated especially at the beginning but to me you can really know someone, still keep this person in this "pink" light still cherish and adore this person when you know their weakneses or whatever....I just think some people are afraid that "real" love is gone when someone will know you better.... to me it's just not like that

but I think the song is about all these....so it's also about what you said.

but -to have it clear-I didn't mean "they won't love you anymore if they know everything about you" I meant the fear that they won't love you etc....:wink2:

yeaah.. it doesn't exclude what I wrote... it's all about this...but still the fear...cause you can't keep the bubble , the ilusion forever...like "keep me overrated" ...sure when we love someone we see that person in the pink light..that person is a bit overrated especially at the beginning but to me you can really know someone, still keep this person in this "pink" light still cherish and adore this person when you know their weakneses or whatever....I just think some people are afraid that "real" love is gone when someone will know you better.... to me it's just not like that

but I think the song is about all these....so it's also about what you said.

but -to have it clear-I didn't mean "they won't love you anymore if they know everything about you" I meant the fear that they won't love you etc....:wink2:

yeah, I see your point...but stills a love song to me :dunno:

oh, and there are two other songs already published under their names:

'Lola' and 'Shadows'

so "Lola" and Shadows" are written by Mika and that Ben???

(oh god...I kind of "hate" lola...someone gave me that nickname in my past...:wink2:)

If anyone is interested, Make You Happy is a song he wrote with that guy called Ben (frYars).

oh, and there are two other songs already published under their names:

'Lola' and 'Shadows'

Thank you Suzie, this kind of things are always interesting :thumb_yello:

Overrated?!?!?! wow, i never would've guessed he'd pull that out but i'm so happy! i looooooooooooooove that song & yay finally we can talk about it :D

i just hope it's the same song & not some other new song he wrote called Overrated :teehee:

I couldn't remember that at all so I did a little research and it turned out you were right :thumb_yello:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3146117&postcount=446

haa, so now I like it better;-)) (nth better than changing nicht so good associations into better ones:thumb_yello: now I like being called Lola more...:wink2:)

Anyone else notice Underwater will be included twice? :mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted:

mikasounds MIKA

sure @Charlie__Rbt some song titles; Make You Happy, Underwater, Kill Me On The Dancefloor, Underwater, Overrated, China Boy...

This cracked me up too. :roftl:

I was so happy to see all these tweets about the new album, it's so exciting! :excite: It makes me feel like it's going to be released soon and that's definitely a good thing, but at the same time getting all these small teaseful bits of information is agonizing. :aah:

Overrated- whatta song! I don't even know what it's about, it's just like an explosion of emotion. Maybe it is just like grace Kelly. 'why dont you like me?' 'would you hate me?' Overrated almost brings me to tears with the 'in this perfect place' bit. It really is perfect.

I would love mika to release it onto iTunes but not on TOOL, it is not called a NEW album for nothing!

I would love mika to release it onto iTunes but not on TOOL, it is not called a NEW album for nothing!

It's interesting that Mika said he gave himself a timeline for writing songs for LICM (i.e. he did not use songs he had written previously) but for TBWKTM and TOOL he used old songs.

I think Overrated is too good to let die and too good to record all at the same time. I doubt I will prefer the recording (or even like it) but I am really looking forward to hearing it live - finally! I actually don't care too much for the demos. Don't think I've listened to most of them in 4+ years. But this was always a favourite song.

:Update: from Mika on twitter :shocked::biggrin2:

Too much info so it's easier for me to write them all down :naughty:

- "in the final phase of finishing the album. one week in london then off to the states for 2 weeks, and then... final mix starts"

- "now wondering if Nick Littlemore will get in from Sydney for our session tomorrow. the final session with Nick to finish up what we've done!"

- Album before July

- Album all in English and a couple of extra songs in French

- Name: The Origin of Love

- Some song titles: Make You Happy, Underwater, Kill Me On The Dancefloor, Overrated, China Boy

- "favourite song title from the new record.... Love You When I'm Drunk"

Wow,the titles of the new album are awesome!!!!:thumb_yello:And I really looking forward the song"China Boy",what would it like??!!:teehee:I love this title!!!('cause I'm a boy from China,and that would be a special song for me!!!.:teehee:)