"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I would like to make a little summary with all the informations that we have about the upcoming album "The Origin Of Love".

I think I've founded the 12 songs of his album ! Here's my list :

Kill Me On The Dancefloor

Mika / Martin Johnson / Shea Taylor

Underwater

Mika / Nick Littlemore / Paul Steel

The Origin Of Love

Mika / Nick Littlemore / Paul Steel

Make You Happy

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Lola

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Shadows

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

China Boy

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Overrated

Mika

Step With Me

Mika / Hillary Lindsey

She Tells Me

Mika / Jodi Marr

Live Your Life

Mika / Steve Robson / Wayne Anthony Hector

Cry A Little

Mika / Steve Robson / Wayne Anthony Hector

And 2 bonus that we already know :

Elle Me Dit

Mika / Doriand

Karen (82, rue des Martyrs)

Mika / Doriand

First of all, Mika said that it will be 4 french bonus track on his album.

About Live your life et Cry a little, here's the proof:

http://www.onemgmt.dircon.co.uk/news.htm

Saying : 17 March 2011 LA, Paris & more / I've been in recording tracks for MIKA and James Morrison at Northern Sky Studios with producer Steve Robson.

Mika said that he has worked with Benjamin Garrett on 4 of his tracks.

So it will be okay for Lola, Shadows and Make You Happy. I think that China Boy is the last track co-written by Ben.

For Kill me on the dance floor, Underwater, Overrated et China Boy, it was on this famous tweet.

For The Origin Of Love, he said in a interview that he worked on with Nick Littlemore et Paul Steel.

Step With Me, he said this in a tweet. And for She tells me, it's Jodi Marr who has written the English Version, et Mika said that the English Version will be also on his album.

So that's all for the moment, he said yesterday that he was in the "mixing phase", and maybe the release of the album for the end of May, or the start of June ? Fingers crossed ! :)

Edited by sfsmg1

I would like to make a little summary with all the informations that we have about the upcoming album "The Origin Of Love".

I think I've founded the 12 songs of his album !

He also wrote

Want Forever and The Fly with Dan Wilson

and Ready – with Michael Mangini, apparently.

So that's 15 songs already with the bonus tracks - not all will appear on the album, of course. Some we my never hear or will appear on the album of other artists :dunno:

Perhaps 'She Tells Me' will only be a bonus track as it is not exactly fitting the album concept :dunno:

Well, if the "mixing phase" is in progress ,why we have only 1 official single issued ? That scares me. :dunno:

What is the 1 official single? I don't think we have one actually. :dunno:

EMD is likely to be only a bonus track on the French version.

I don't think that Want Forever and The Fly will be on the album ; And for "She tells me", maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, and it could be replaced by "Love You When I'm Drunk", if it's not a joke ? :)

What is the 1 official single? I don't think we have one actually. :dunno:

EMD is likely to be only a bonus track on the French version.

Nevertheless, EMD is official - it has been issued with a video, though it`s a bonus track. it`s official.

Suzie , don`t feed my apprehension please. :no:

He also wrote

Want Forever and The Fly with Dan Wilson

and Ready – with Michael Mangini, apparently.

So that's 15 songs already with the bonus tracks - not all will appear on the album, of course. Some we my never hear or will appear on the album of other artists :dunno:

Perhaps 'She Tells Me' will only be a bonus track as it is not exactly fitting the album concept :dunno:

I hope all of them will be on it.

I don't think that Want Forever and The Fly will be on the album

Why not :tears:

I'd love to hear songs he wrote with Dan Wilson.

Nevertheless, EMD is official - it has been issued with a video, though it`s a bonus track. it`s official.

Suzie , don`t feed my apprehension please. :no:

It depends on the point of view, actually. I feel positive about EMD not being part of the 'theme' of the album as I expect Mika's new sound and lyrical content to be different and fitting the 'love' concept. Also, I'd like new singles to amaze me and EMD does not do that for me. Besides, EMD will never be noted, let alone released in the English speaking part of the world, so it cannot be considered as the first single off the album unless in France. Mika's name simply needs to be brought back into the public's mind with 1 or 2 great songs before the album is released.

So, the way I see it is that Mika may come out with a single some time in May (I'm afraid it cannot happen earler now as singles are usually released at least 3-4 weeks after they have been premiered and no new song has even been announced), but I am not sure about the album. I think it will all depend if they feel confident enough to release it after just one (hopefully hit) single or wait until Mika has another hit with a 2nd single.

Edited by suzie

I can't see the album being out before September. Summer is a notoriously awful time to release stuff, and it's too soon for a Spring release (I think). Which leaves September onwards.

But what do I know :aah:

One thing I am glad about is that despite the obvious frustration for fans, Mika has thus far managed to hold back too much detail/snippets of the songs.. I really believe there needs to be a surprise element with this album. In fact nothing would please me more than if the release date were announced a week in advance or something. How great would that be? :teehee:

I don't know. I just want something different and a little bit less 'industry' this time around. Looking back, I don't think the release of TBWKTM was handled too well.

"For the 10 year anniversary of this legendary festival, Mika will put together a unique club show and will perform songs from the forthcoming album

The Origin of Love,’

out later this year. This will be the first time these songs are played in the UK!

Also taking to the stage that day are a variety of colourful acts including Felix da Housecat, Kris di Angelis, Joshyou Are and of course Jodie Harsh. It will be a one-off Mika performance that you won't want to miss!"

530319_10150649758258040_6006248039_9380370_852321043_n.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

I really believe there needs to be a surprise element with this album. In fact nothing would please me more than if the release date were announced a week in advance or something. How great would that be? :teehee:

I don't know. I just want something different and a little bit less 'industry' this time around. Looking back, I don't think the release of TBWKTM was handled too well.

I agree, I want to enjoy the album and new songs as close to "in their entirety" as possible. I guess there is no avoiding a single floating several weeks in advance but I don't want these songs debuting at festivals if the album is not out yet or very very close to release. I heard TBWKTM over a month before it was released but even then half the songs were old and the other half had been spoiled by 30 second clips available on iTunes.

I went to Montreal on a whim this weekend and it was fantastic. I love these kinds of surprises and am not interested in long agonizing waits and being teased. Everyone is begging for a date for this album and I don't understand why. Just let me know when it's for sale!!

Why not :tears:

I'd love to hear songs he wrote with Dan Wilson.

It depends on the point of view, actually. I feel positive about EMD not being part of the 'theme' of the album as I expect Mika's new sound and lyrical content to be different and fitting the 'love' concept. Also, I'd like new singles to amaze me and EMD does not do that for me. Besides, EMD will never be noted, let alone released in the English speaking part of the world, so it cannot be considered as the first single off the album unless in France. Mika's name simply needs to be brought back into the public's mind with 1 or 2 great songs before the album is released.

So, the way I see it is that Mika may come out with a single some time in May (I'm afraid it cannot happen earler now as singles are usually released at least 3-4 weeks after they have been premiered and no new song has even been announced), but I am not sure about the album. I think it will all depend if they feel confident enough to release it after just one (hopefully hit) single or wait until Mika has another hit with a 2nd single.

In the UK songs are premiered up to 8 weeks before the release date, sometimes maybe even a little longer.

I think the album will be released in May :winksmiley02:

You're very optimistic :winksmiley02: I tought this before but now I don't know what to think :mf_rosetinted: we're almost in April and he's still on the studio working on the album :blink: I'm nor sure it will be released before June :teehee:

You're very optimistic :winksmiley02: I tought this before but now I don't know what to think :mf_rosetinted: we're almost in April and he's still on the studio working on the album :blink: I'm nor sure it will be released before June :teehee:

Did you have another one of those visions of yours big sis? :hypo::lmfao:

I don't know,it's just my feeling,I can't explain.... :dunno:

I don't know,it's just my feeling,I can't explain.... :dunno:

I would like to have the same feeling as you but I haven't :aah: to be honest I expect the album in September. I want to be wrong but that's what I think. Album in September and world tour in autumn (October)

And in summer festivals he'll play some of the new songs to prepare us for the album in September, as I said before.

But it's just my theory, do you like it? :teehee:

i don't think anyone likes it but it's probably correct :roftl: He is at the same point in the process that he was in 2009 and it came out in September. They might rush it along this time but unless Mika has been leading us on with false info it's safe to say it could not come out in 2 months. It would already be time for the single by now.

i don't think anyone likes it but it's probably correct :roftl: He is at the same point in the process that he was in 2009 and it came out in September. They might rush it along this time but unless Mika has been leading us on with false info it's safe to say it could not come out in 2 months. It would already be time for the single by now.

I think maybe we could expect a single in two months.

I agree. He seems to be just in the very earliest stages of the run up to release- getting on PopStar and suchlike, premiering a few songs at festivals- then there's likely to be a single, interviews (at least in France if not the UK).. September's the earliest I can imagine it being.

Maybe he'll just play it safe and release the album just in time for Christmas. :naughty:I probably shouldn't be giving him these ideas. Oh well. :teehee:

As I keep saying, I know almost nothing about the music industry- but after TBWKTM's disappointment I'd be surprised if he gets the most sought after album release date, like he probably did last after LICM

:no::mf_rosetinted:

I don't know how those things works,but there is no any possibility for him to make it in a different way this time? :winksmiley02:

Maybe he'll just play it safe and release the album just in time for Christmas. :naughty:I probably shouldn't be giving him these ideas. Oh well. :teehee:

May...:hypo:.....May....:hypo:.....May....:hypo:this is for Mika:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by krysady