Mika performing 3 March 2012/nominated - Victoires de la musique (French award)

skiwi

Perhaps it will be an invitation to the official album review for the representatives of the record company and the press. Do we know when that will take place?

The label asking people to vote in order to participate sounds pretty ridiculous and even 'cheap', I must add.

If I remember right they didn't set any date, so it's possibly something like that (an invitation to the event for the press etc).

It was a bit weird to ask people vote, wasn't it? Probably they didn't realize it could look bad and they just wanted to organize something for the fans. And it is a major prize, indeed. How many of us would love win something like that :aah:

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was a bit weird to ask people vote, wasn't it? Probably they didn't realize it could look bad and they just wanted to organize something for the fans.

Yes, they might be good samaritans in their heart doing their best to please fans. :pinkbow:

Whatever the intension was, the way they set this up still makes a bad impression though. :dunno:

If I remember right they didn't set any date

So, if no date, then it can be any time around the release of the album then and not necessarily way before it :dunno:

I hope it's soon and whoever wins it has a photographic memory (and a big mouth). :teehee:

I'd prefer one with an audio memory and ability to describe music styles and the willingness to share the experience with us on the forum.:naughty:

(keeping fingers crossed for camille* to be among the winners :teehee:)

If that works for you then I will try my Norman ancestors from 10 centuries ago. I still have the Norman name to prove it. :naughty:

I promise you if you are looking at those big brown eyes you will LOVE them no matter what. :hypo:

*looking down* Well, uhh, Mika, I don't know how to tell you this, but.. *looks up* *BLAM* HNGGG UNFG I love them.

Good luck to all French fans who will enter the contest to listen to the new album :thumb_yello: Anyways, it's kinda sad that it's only for people who lives in France, but oh well :boxed:

Not to worry, there must be a way for us all to enter even though we don't live in France. After all lots of non UK people get tickets for competitions and giveaways which are supposed to be for UK people only even BBC stuff which we actually pay for!

Come on you guys, be resourceful. Let me know when you've found how to do it.

This must be one of the best competition prizes ever!!! Good luck to all the French fans participating:thumb_yello:

But if they're not Mika fans they won't be interested anyway, so probably won't enter.

Thats exactly what I thought too. They dont offer something that would make people who arent interested in Mika's music vote for him. This is something that is perfect for the fans who would vote for him anyway. I mean, for example, I would never ever (and I mean EVER) vote for Bieber or Pitbull no matter how many m&gs and chances to listen to their albums were being offered.

This must be one of the best competition prizes ever!!! Good luck to all the French fans participating:thumb_yello:

Thats exactly what I thought too. They dont offer something that would make people who arent interested in Mika's music vote for him. This is something that is perfect for the fans who would vote for him anyway. I mean, for example, I would never ever (and I mean EVER) vote for Bieber or Pitbull no matter how many m&gs and chances to listen to their albums were being offered.

That's how I see it too. I was surprised to see this competition, but these people/fans would vote any way, they are not paying for people who wouldn't otherwise vote. And it must be the best prize ever, just think about it... Good luck people! :biggrin2:

And it must be the best prize ever, just think about it... Good luck people! :biggrin2:

I think it highly depends on the person and what they find important in their interaction with Mika and his art. :dunno:

To me, the best prize offered so far was he promise of a 'bedroom gig' as it was announced and how it was supposed to happen but even the way it took place still was the best prize ever. I can actually think of even better competitions that would top that for me (:teehee: ) but it would obvioulsly mean more to me than to others. So, I'd say it is rather subjective what one considers to be an awesome prize. As for this one, I'd obviously participate if it was open for me but I really don't have sleepless nights over not even having the chance.

I think the best prizes are ones that money can't buy and this one is right up there. Theoretically you could even buy yourself a private gig.

I wonder whatever happened with that competition where Mika was supposed to give piano lessons (wasn't it??) I know they gave out the other prizes in that competition but nothing about the grand prize. :dunno:

I think it highly depends on the person and what they find important in their interaction with Mika and his art. :dunno:

To me, the best prize offered so far was he promise of a 'bedroom gig' as it was announced and how it was supposed to happen but even the way it took place still was the best prize ever. I can actually think of even better competitions that would top that for me (:teehee: ) but it would obvioulsly mean more to me than to others. So, I'd say it is rather subjective what one considers to be an awesome prize. As for this one, I'd obviously participate if it was open for me but I really don't have sleepless nights over not even having the chance.

That's true. Well, for me an opportunity to hear his new music with him (meaning a possibility to ask something about the songs) would be quite nice :wub2: Maybe not as good an acoustic live gig, but definitely a good prize.

He has offered you a bedroom gig? :shocked::teehee: I really loved Magic Points gig, I never thought I could hear him singing like that and I will always happily remember it.

I think the best prizes are ones that money can't buy and this one is right up there. Theoretically you could even buy yourself a private gig.

I wonder whatever happened with that competition where Mika was supposed to give piano lessons (wasn't it??) I know they gave out the other prizes in that competition but nothing about the grand prize. :dunno:

+1 I'd like to know too :naughty:

That's true. Well, for me an opportunity to hear his new music with him (meaning a possibility to ask something about the songs) would be quite nice :wub2: .

For any fan, I think, it all depends on the circumstances. e.g. if you listen to it with members of the press or people from his label..etc and if you get the chance to talk to him about the songs.

Maybe not as good an acoustic live gig, but definitely a good prize. .

yes, most certainly valuable. A dream come true for most.

What I meant is that if I could choose my prize I'd choose something else :teehee:...and I let my imagination run wild with that one - not in a :naughty: way though. :roftl:

He has offered you a bedroom gig? :shocked:

The Magic Points gig was supposed to be a 'bedroom gig'.. no, actually a living room gig, but the same, basically, isn't it. :biggrin2:

The Magic Points gig was supposed to be a 'bedroom gig'.. no, actually a living room gig, but the same, basically, isn't it. :biggrin2:

That was likely someone's living room at some point, so it's the closest you're going to get :naughty:

Archived