Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

i'm sorry guys.i just have a question.does any one have the part that Mika was talking to the host,before he performed the Elle me dit? did anyone record it?:teehee:

i mean this part:

awards.jpg

I've uploaded it to mikatube:

http://mikatube.com/archive/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=56&video_id=649

:thumb_yello:

Well I think what she mentions is what is going to work/not piss people off. Clicking on the links that are there for the purposes of requesting or voting for songs. And not, for instance, emailing individual DJs and harassing them about Mika.

This seemed to be effective in getting some airplay in Montreal because EMD had not even been released in Canada and even a couple of months ago Mika had no idea it was being played on radio here. I don't know how much Universal could have been behind it getting into the top 7 at 7 lists when it wasn't even released here.

We first sent links to the radio stations about a french song being released. After a few days, there was a post in their "upcoming music" about Mika coming up with a french song... When it was released in France, i sent a link for them to hear it. Next thing i knew, they were playing it & it was appearing in the lists of songs we could request in what they call "6 a 6". You can only vote once a day, so for it to make the list, it takes many people requesting it, not just 4 or 5 MFCers :aah:

I'm sure a few of us did the same thing to various Montreal radio stations :naughty:

Like i said, the french stations are Mika friendly (except the "vive le vent" song :teehee:). I could have done the same thing to the english stations & i'm sure they wouldn't have played EMD, even if they are required by law to play a % of french songs a day.

Like i said, the french stations are Mika friendly (except the "vive le vent" song :teehee:). I could have done the same thing to the english stations & i'm sure they wouldn't have played EMD, even if they are required by law to play a % of french songs a day.

Yeah the disappointing thing is that there were some UK stations that were very Mika friendly who wouldn't play WAG. :sneaky2:

Yeah the disappointing thing is that there were some UK stations that were very Mika friendly who wouldn't play WAG. :sneaky2:

but what bugged me about Montreal english radio station is when she said "the demand isn't there" ... how can you tell? you don't play it! Of course if you don't play the song, nobody is going to demand it! They have no clue the song exists! And what did she think i was doing? i was asking for it! But i guess i was the only one :naughty:

The average english Montreal Mika fan have not heard of him since LICM

Well I think what she mentions is what is going to work/not piss people off. Clicking on the links that are there for the purposes of requesting or voting for songs. And not, for instance, emailing individual DJs and harassing them about Mika.

This seemed to be effective in getting some airplay in Montreal because EMD had not even been released in Canada and even a couple of months ago Mika had no idea it was being played on radio here. I don't know how much Universal could have been behind it getting into the top 7 at 7 lists when it wasn't even released here.

Yeah I watched the video and I agreed with that. We need someone to work that out. Besides, how about streetteams?:naughty:

Presenter 'What's your name young boy?'

Mika 'Not bad thank you'

Highlight of the show :roftl:

Well, maybe he changed his name since last time we saw him... maybe his new name is "Not Bad"

*thinks of Friends episode where Pheobe changed her name to "princess consuela banana hammock" :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, yeah, he is French, and French was his first language, he is sooo fluent in French.... :roftl:

In our defence, he's the one who often says that French really is his first language :roftl: And I think he couldn't hear a thing. But still.. that was fun :biggrin2:

Well, maybe he changed his name since last time we saw him... maybe his new name is "Not Bad"

*thinks of Friends episode where Pheobe changed her name to "princess consuela banana hammock" :mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:

'not bad penniman'.....i likes it!:thumb_yello:

*that episode was hilarious:aah:

I liked Paul Rudd's character's name even better:

Crap Bag

:mf_rosetinted::roftl:

In our defence, he's the one who often says that French really is his first language :roftl: And I think he couldn't hear a thing. But still.. that was fun :biggrin2:

... and the one who said he had a dog named Gertrude, the one who said he was going to tweet the link to EMD, the one who said he was going to start tweeting about his new album, the one who said he was about to do a Q&A.....

... do I need to go on? :mf_rosetinted:

... and the one who said he had a dog named Gertrude, the one who said he was going to tweet the link to EMD, the one who said he was going to start tweeting about his new album, the one who said he was about to do a Q&A.....

... do I need to go on? :mf_rosetinted:

To be honest you didn't even have to start as I put a ':roftl:' after I wrote that..

But if you feel like listing all those things he's supposed to have done, please go on... I think you'll be there for a while :naughty:

To be honest you didn't even have to start as I put a ':roftl:' after I wrote that..

But if you feel like listing all those things he's supposed to have done, please go on... I think you'll be there for a while :naughty:

Yeah I better give up...

I´m glad now cause what I felt tonight while watching the awards, when he won, was the most similar feeling ever to what I feel when I see him live. It might mean that my fangurliness is back... Which is good, cause I almost lost it these months...

Yeah I better give up...

I´m glad now cause what I felt tonight while watching the awards, when he won, was the most similar feeling ever to what I feel when I see him live. It might mean that my fangurliness is back... Which is good, cause I almost lost it these months...

That really is great... do you think if he hadn't won you wouldn't feel the same? Because you wrote specifically 'when he won'. Seeing him was already a high for me :teehee:

I hadn't lost my 'fangurliness' if that's what it's called, but it was fading away a bit with time and with his absence but now I feel more excited than ever for new music/shows to come :wub2:

That really is great... do you think if he hadn't won you wouldn't feel the same? Because you wrote specifically 'when he won'. Seeing him was already a high for me :teehee:

I hadn't lost my 'fangurliness' if that's what it's called, but it was fading away a bit with time and with his absence but now I feel more excited than ever for new music/shows to come :wub2:

sorry, it´s just that my first language is English :mf_rosetinted:

No, I was quite excited just because he was there, he was nominated, and he was about to perform. The thing is that I arrived home right in time to watch the exact moment when he won, so it was the first I saw... But no, I´m not fangurling again cause he won (I must admit I´m beyond happy he beat that Pitbull guy and Enrique), I just felt something I only felt the times I saw him in his gigs... it just lasted few seconds, but hey... I was happy :aah: