Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

It's a good thing I have a day off tomorrow so I can read this entire thread. :naughty:

I saw the performance and Mika accepting his award today. I thought he looked adorable with the hair and the outfit and the dancing, but I was slightly disappointed. I'm not really sure what to think about it. :dunno:

Even with the performance being a bit of a downer it was good to see him. And I loved how he looked so genuenily surprised when he won the award, it was adorable. The whole "not bad, thanks" clip made me cringe though, poor Mika. :aah::roftl:

I'm still a bit bummed I missed all of this when it was actually happening, but I'm glad it's all been collected to this one thread, it makes it so much easier to catch up. Thank you all! :flowers2:

i feel for you! argh it sucks missing all the anticipation & fun then reading about it all later, doesn't it? :aah:

and yeah, i meant to say thanks to everyone for posting pics & videos in one convenient place :clap: it's made catching up & saving everything so much quicker

:bow: if i was giving out NRJ awards i'd give one to all of you :teehee:

and I think he was sooooooooo tired! or jet-lagged

As hen when Nikos asks him what is name, he answers "Ok I'm fine!"

Doesn't it look like, he can't hear well what the presenter asks him?

Great job ! Thank you ! :thumb_yello:

I have also this video of his arrival on the yacht.:mf_rosetinted:

[YOUTUBE]Xi5YzPnlprQ[/YOUTUBE]

thank you! I keep on updating the post :thumb_yello:

What kind of question was that? Asking him what's his name? :shocked::boxed::blink:

If I understood correctly the guy was asking his name because they had just been talking about the voting? In a "Who should they vote for, what's your name!" manner? Then again I never was that good in French. :roftl:

i feel for you! argh it sucks missing all the anticipation & fun then reading about it all later, doesn't it? :aah:

Yes it does. :tears:

I saw the pictures for the first time in Wonkaland with all the captions. I'm still not sure if that was a good thing or not. :roftl:

Doesn't it look like, he can't hear well what the presenter asks him?

He does indeed, and he looks so confused and embarrassed afterwards. I felt bad for him.

i missed the story of all that! is there a thread explaining it all? ooooh wait a sec, is this what Mika was refering to at about 0:32 in

?

Yes, the Oakland gig was the next night.

There's a discussion about it here:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20584

Here is his blog post:

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2009/10/24/mika-at-the-palladium/

And I can assure you that none of it is true. We were there for hours while Mika was rehearsing for this tour and I was in the front row of the LA show myself. The guy is full of sh*t. :chair:

Here is his blog post:

http://lefsetz.com/wordpress/index.php/archives/2009/10/24/mika-at-the-palladium/

And I can assure you that none of it is true. We were there for hours while Mika was rehearsing for this tour and I was in the front row of the LA show myself. The guy is full of sh*t. :chair:

It's ironic isn't it? He basically says he prefers a gig of a singer who can't sing live, just so that he knows that at least it's sung live. I personally can hear the difference between Mika on record and Mika live. It might just be the experience I have though:naughty:

Here is his blog post:

thanks for the links, they explain Mika's Oakland comments a lot :teehee:

It's ironic isn't it? He basically says he prefers a gig of a singer who can't sing live, just so that he knows that at least it's sung live. I personally can hear the difference between Mika on record and Mika live. It might just be the experience I have though:naughty:

i can hear the differences too. it makes me think this asshole just hasn't heard the records enough to notice the live changes or mistakes.

@Playback

I`ve listened to it again. I don't think it's fullplayback, it seems like halfplayback. The "main voice" doesn't sound exactly like on the studio version. And I think it's okay to use music from band on a show like this, Mika has done it before. Most important part is, that he sings himself.

But it seems like a lot of things went terribly wrong: the recorded "second voices" are much too loud and drown out everything in the chorus. And music and tv-pictures are totally asynchronous, it's time-displaced. So it looks like very bad miming.

Of course I'm letting you hope.. I just wanted to clarify that I don't know much about it so that people wouldn't be disappointed if we don't see it on Thursday :blush-anim-cl:

I remember that was an answer on twitter from Label Barclay to A_Ferrari about that interview:

labelbarclay Label Barclay

"@A_Ferrari L'interview sera diffusée jeudi soir (aux alentours de 22h) sur NRJ Paris"

"The interview will be broadcast Thursday in the evening (about 22h) on NRJ Paris"

I remember that was an answer on twitter from Label Barclay to A_Ferrari about that interview:

labelbarclay Label Barclay

"@A_Ferrari L'interview sera diffusée jeudi soir (aux alentours de 22h) sur NRJ Paris"

"The interview will be broadcast Thursday in the evening (about 22h) on NRJ Paris"

Thanks guys,i'll wait for the other news too :huglove:

Another "great" review about Mika's performance :boxed:

2012 NRJ Awards - The Performances!

The 13th annual NRJ Awards (the most important music awards in France) were held, as every year, in the city of Cannes on Saturday (January 28th) at the Palais des Festivals et des Congres - On the 2012 edition, the live performers were; LMFAO, who got the party started with "Party Rock Anthem" & "Sexy And I Know It", Coldplay, who rocked "Paradise", Shakira, who performed her #1 hit in France "Je L'Aime A Mourir" (lol, I had no idea this song was so huge there), David Guetta, who delivered the first televised performance of his smash hit "Titanium", although sans Sia, who was replaced by British newcomer Emelie Sande, or Mika, who yes, is not dead, and has a French hit in "Elle Me Dit". Btw, is the audio in the video wrong? or was that the worst lip-synching ever? SMH Mika. Finally, The Bieber did not take the stage to treat his Beliebers with a performance, but at least he took home one award, the Lifetime Achievement Award (seriously?), and said a few words in France to look cool.

http://www.directlyrics.com/2012-nrj-awards--the-performances-news.html

And he's not even French! The presenter said something to him and he said "What??" :roftl:

Yeah that was super lame. At least TRY to practise a few words/basic sentences when you know you will be up there and screaming girls want you to say something like: "Je t'aime!"

@Playback

I`ve listened to it again. I don't think it's fullplayback, it seems like halfplayback. The "main voice" doesn't sound exactly like on the studio version. And I think it's okay to use music from band on a show like this, Mika has done it before. Most important part is, that he sings himself.

But it seems like a lot of things went terribly wrong: the recorded "second voices" are much too loud and drown out everything in the chorus. And music and tv-pictures are totally asynchronous, it's time-displaced. So it looks like very bad miming.

This is what I thought on Saturday, that the livestream pic and sound were simply not in sync. It was difficult to see clearly. It's obvious something went wrong, but I can't see it's such a big issue. Shame it's the only thing people give attention now... He did win the best international male award too :sneaky2:

@Playback

I hear him singing live at some points as well

Another "great" review about Mika's performance :boxed:

2012 NRJ Awards - The Performances!

The 13th annual NRJ Awards (the most important music awards in France) were held, as every year, in the city of Cannes on Saturday (January 28th) at the Palais des Festivals et des Congres - On the 2012 edition, the live performers were; LMFAO, who got the party started with "Party Rock Anthem" & "Sexy And I Know It", Coldplay, who rocked "Paradise", Shakira, who performed her #1 hit in France "Je L'Aime A Mourir" (lol, I had no idea this song was so huge there), David Guetta, who delivered the first televised performance of his smash hit "Titanium", although sans Sia, who was replaced by British newcomer Emelie Sande, or Mika, who yes, is not dead, and has a French hit in "Elle Me Dit". Btw, is the audio in the video wrong? or was that the worst lip-synching ever? SMH Mika. Finally, The Bieber did not take the stage to treat his Beliebers with a performance, but at least he took home one award, the Lifetime Achievement Award (seriously?), and said a few words in France to look cool.

http://www.directlyrics.com/2012-nrj-awards--the-performances-news.html

Americans are just jealous of his success in France :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah that was super lame. At least TRY to practise a few words/basic sentences when you know you will be up there and screaming girls want you to say something like: "Je t'aime!"

Most kids start learning French here now when they are 6 years old. And he says his granny is francophone so I can't understand why he doesn't know ANY French. :dunno:

Does France have a "real" music awards show? :teehee: We've got MuchMusic awards which is full of Gaga and Katy Perry and Adam Lambert and all of that, but our Juno Awards are a proper industry awards show run by the Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences and not a TV or radio station. It is focused almost exclusively on Canadian artists. The only reason Justin Bieber would be there is because he's actually one of our own. :naughty: