Mika at NRJ Music Awards 2012 - 28/1/2012

Miro

The entire "behind the scenes" show is on the website:

http://www.nrj12.fr/nrj12-replay-3276/nrj-12-562/media/video/499203-dans-les-coulisses-des-nrj-music-awards-2012.html

I don't know what time Mika's part(s) is/are on though since I can't seem to scroll to a certain time in the video :dunno:

edit: oh, found one bit, starts at 43.30 with the band :teehee:

Mika part: backstage + interview

[YOUTUBE]74brBMgImPY[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.mediafire.com/?1rdwg91166yzcdb

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t1xzeq

There was a bit of Mika's rehearsal with and without Mika (the band rehearsed with a double first)

And then a little bit of interview, he said that the 3rd album will be out 'in a few months', that it will be completely different from the first two, that he did a lot of different collaborations, that it's like going back to zero, that this album is joy, he had a lot of fun making it.

He also talked about EMD, that it is about all the women around him, mother, sisters, grandmother, friends. And that his father didn't particularly like the line 'don't end up like your father' but his mother really used to tell them this.

Thank you so much camile :huglove:

also,hism mother is totally right:teehee:

Full translation of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szWXuuIo7bU&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e7da17FAAAAAAAAGAA

Lady: The surprise is inside the egg. I don't know who that is.

Lady: This is huge! How are you doing?

Mika: I'm fine.

Lady : Extraordinary: Mika!

Mika: Hi!

Lady: hidden in an egg !

Lady: Tell me, you have a love story with the NRJ music awards ?

Mika: Yes, it is the third time ! This year it is special with one single (Elle me dit) and the album that will be out in a few months , I was so amazed and so happy to be here. (EDIT)

Lady; And the new album?

Mika: It is filled with joy, I had lots of fun making it and you can hear it in the songs. Honestly, I think after two albums I want to get rid of tradition and break it and start this album as if I were a new artist.

Lady: It is very risky.

Mika: Yes, totally, it is very risky . It is totally , many other artists collaborated to the album , for writing the songs all around the world . I left a year ago in February, packed my things in a suitcase and didn't come back home for ten months You have to take risks other wise what's the use of having a carrer.

Lady: Is "Elle me dit" about your mum? I'm curious

Mika : It's about all the women in my life, my sisters, my mother, my grand mother, my friends.

Lady: Is it really what she said that you were wasting your time?

Mika: We often didn't have money so there was always this pressure on us and many changes all the time so she said "don't do thngs like your father" which is rather cruel.

Lady; That's tough.

Mika: Yes, my father didn't like those lyrics too much .

Thanks a lot for everyone posting the links :bow::huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Full translation of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szWXuuIo7bU&feature=g-all-u&context=G2e7da17FAAAAAAAAGAA

Mika: Yes, it is the third time ! This year it is special with one single (Elle me dit) and the album that will be out in a few months , I was so amazed and so happy I won.

Lady; And the new album?

Mika: It is filled with joy, I had lots of fun making it and you can hear it in the songs. Honestly, I think after two albums I want to get rid of tradition and break it and start this album as if I were a new artist.

Mika: Yes, totally, it is very risky . It is totally , many other artists collaborated to the album , for writing the songs all around the world . I left a year ago in February, packed my things in a suitcase and didn't come back home for ten months You have to take risks other wise what's the use of having a carrer.

Mika : It's about all the women in my life, my sisters, my mother, my grand mother, my friends.

Mika: We often didn't have money so there was always this pressure on us and many changes all the time so she said "don't do thngs like your father" which is rather cruel.

Lady; That's tough.

...and thank you too, for taking the time to translate :flowers2:

• Like 1

Full translation of

Mika: Yes, it is the third time ! This year it is special with one single (Elle me dit) and the album that will be out in a few months , I was so amazed and so happy I won.

Lady; And the new album?

Lady; That's tough.

Thanks,Anne!:thumb_yello: But I thought that interview was before the show,why he said he won? :blink:

Full translation of

Lady; And the new album?

Lady; That's tough.

Thank you for the translation. I'm so happy for him, and really proud that he's taking a risk and doing something different. If Underwater is an example of where he's going musically then I'm really impressed, because even though it's different, it's still undeniably Mika! I am sure the risk will pay off and he'll have mega-success with his album and singles.

Yes I was thinking the same! Did he actually say "won" or could he mean nominated?

I just watched again and I guess he said "I'm happy to be here":blush-anim-cl:

You're both right :thumb_yello:

He said I'm very happy to be there ...the first vid I was trying to translate didn't have a good sound ... thanks for correcting girls :biggrin2:

I couldn't even hear "father" at first :teehee::teehee:

Great team work :thumb_yello:

The vid that's linked here has a much better sound :thumb_yello:

You're both right :thumb_yello:

He said I'm very happy to be there ...the first vid I was trying to translate didn't have a good sound ... thanks for correcting girls :biggrin2:

I couldn't even hear "father" at first :teehee::teehee:

Great team work :thumb_yello:

The vid that's linked here has a much better sound :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: You're right,the first vid has poor sound,this one is much better.Thanks for your work! :wink2:

Thank you for the translation. I'm so happy for him, and really proud that he's taking a risk and doing something different. If Underwater is an example of where he's going musically then I'm really impressed, because even though it's different, it's still undeniably Mika! I am sure the risk will pay off and he'll have mega-success with his album and singles.

I agree with you 100% . Underwater is still my fav at the moment, it's a magical song, with all that I always loved in Mika songs, but with even a deeper meaning to it...when Mika sings it acoustic, it's so moving and sweet :wub2:I also hope the rest of the album will sound like Underwater :wub2: with also songs like Ele me dit that make people happy and bouncy because this is what many people like Mika mosty for his happy sounding songs and heavenly beautiful bittersweet lullubies like Underwater :wub2: