2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Oh and I don't know if everyone knows this but gang bangers are groups that go around attacking people (for revenge, for kicks, etc.). I still think bang bang makes more sense in this case but gang bang is not what we thought before we saw some of the lyrics. :naughty:

oh, it fits the lyrics then and of course can create controversy as well, so a perfect title for a Madonna song.:teehee:

thanks :original: is it going to be released as a single, or is that the album release date?

As I know, the whole album.

I think Mika didn't release his album earlier in purpose. All Internet is riddled with articles about him and Madonna. And the Russian/Ukrainian social network as well have a lot of articles about Madonna's album with Mika's name in the titles.

What a promotion!

After this, his name will be much more recognizable, and his own album will get more attention. :thumb_yello:

I think Mika didn't release his album earlier in purpose. All Internet is riddled with articles about him and Madonna. And the Russian/Ukrainian social network as well have a lot of articles about Madonna's album with Mika's name in the titles.

What a promotion!

After this, his name will be much more recognizable, and his own album will get more attention. :thumb_yello:

Actually, I was thinking the same / something similar. He of course can't have released the album earlier as it is still not ready yet but he knew he had time to finish it before his name as a songwriter to Madonna / duet partner to XY would start circulating in the business. Definitely an advantageous way to not only gain extra exposure in the media but also a means of re-claiming the credibility he seems to have lost on the way despite starting out as the critics choice at the BBC Sound of 2007.

I find it interesting that he said that one of his songs is being used on Madonna's album. Doesn't sound like any collaboration but that it's his work (although probably altered along the way).

I find it interesting that he said that one of his songs is being used on Madonna's album. Doesn't sound like any collaboration but that it's his work (although probably altered along the way).

I noticed the same. Would love to know who wrote the lyrics. He has talked about ex-lovers and break-ups on his previous albums and I was wondering if he is over it (the theme) by now...

I noticed the same. Would love to know who wrote the lyrics. He has talked about ex-lovers and break-ups on his previous albums and I was wondering if he is over it (the theme) by now...

I suppose he could have written this song years ago.

I think he has some new experiences, so this theme will go on and on :wink2: If he has a rough break-up, according to his blog, it is not possible to come only with songs like Underwater. Definitely it needs more aggressive songs (but to such extend?? :shocked: We need to knew the author of lyrics!)

I suppose he could have written this song years ago.

That's true, and maybe that's the case why it didn't end up for his own album but for another artist. I t just looks he has a long memory and he likes to use that theme in his songs :teehee: But well, we don't know yet what 's his part of the song. Of course it's great publicity for him just before his own album comes out.

@DQ The theme will go on and on, but at the same time he is not _that_ young anymore. I always thought that some songs came from his experiences from years ago, that he felt them so strongly because he was so young, but actually, people can be very emotional at any age, it's more about personality.

Edited by tiibet

That's true, and maybe that's the case why it didn't end up for his own album but for another artist. I t just looks he has a long memory and he likes to use that theme in his songs :teehee: But well, we don't know yet what 's his part of the song. Of course it's great publicity for him just before his own album comes out.

@DQ The theme will go on and on, but at the same time he is not _that_ young anymore. I always thought that some songs came from his experiences from years ago, that he felt them so strongly because he was so young, but actually, people can be very emotional at any age, it's more about personality.

That's the fact!

I on't mind this theme, btw :)

It's an interesting article about Gang Bang.

Friday, 02 March 2012 14:33

Madonna Gang Bang review

http://www.drownedmadonna.com/index/item/620-madonna-gang-bang-review.html

EXCLUSIVE - A few months ago we exclusively revealed the lyrics of Madonna's Bang Bang demo. That song has completely changed and brought to life Gang Bang, co-written with Mika and co-produced with the Demolition Crew (Demacio Demo Castellon, Mike Anthony, Square Boogie and Jax) and William Orbit. We can now reveal juicy details on Gang Bang.

Both Bang Bang and the final version now titled Gang Bang are very different from Give Me All Your Luvin' and Girl Gone Wild. Bang Bang was a mid-tempo song featuring a sample synth piano, which is now disappeared on Gang Bang. If the demo was someway similar to some Mika songs, without the typical happiness, now Gang Bang is very theatrical and electronic. Now the lyrics are presented in a new manner in Gang Bang. Part of them are completely new and the chorus has changed. But, if some of the lyrics are pretty the same, the whole thing is very different and absolutely more dramatic and violent. The song is now very dark, also thanks to the new beat. One of the biggest differences, is that Madonna is now mostly speaking gently over the track in a Kill Bill like fashion. "Bang Bang, shot you dead, my lover in the head. Bang Bang, shot you dead and I never regret
," Madonna says in the chorus.

As the song progressives, so does Madonna. Her voice gets much more aggressive, and it's clear she is out to take revenge on her past lover. "I'm going straight to hell, and I've got a lot of friends there," Madonna says. "If I see that bitch in hell, I'm gonna shoot him in the head again, 'cause I wanna see him die. Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over and Over."

The end is terrific, and it may cause controversies, especially because it is a woman to express this way. Someway, it may be compared to the video of What It Feels Like For A Girl . "I said drive bitch. And while you're at it, die bitch. Now if you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch."

The production is very good. Gang Bang is very different from everything Madonna ever done before. Be ready to be completely blown away!!

Edited by Kumazzz

Thanks Kumazz!

I read this article and am quite confused: it will no longer sound like a Mika song as they've changed the original title, and got rid of the piano. There will still be Mika mentioned somewhere on the cd but I'm not sure I will recognize anything Mikaish in 'Gang Bang'.

Thanks Kumazz!

I read this article and am quite confused: it will no longer sound like a Mika song as they've changed the original title, and got rid of the piano. There will still be Mika mentioned somewhere on the cd but I'm not sure I will recognize anything Mikaish in 'Gang Bang'.

Mika can write different in styles of music, and he seems to like to do that. Anyway, I don't know why people always think Mika's songs are happy and have no violence in them. I mean... Take these examples of his songs so far. I'm sure fans can think of more weird lyrics.

She stuch her voodoo pins where my eyes used to be.

Now the pain and the longings the same when you're dying.

Left here on my own I'm gonna hurt myself (He sings "kill myself" when it's live)

Then there is the moment in the shows where he shoots his band.

I'd say Gang Bang is quite probably a typical Mika song.

Mika can write different in styles of music, and he seems to like to do that. Anyway, I don't know why people always think Mika's songs are happy and have no violence in them. .

That's because he releases all the 'happy songs' as singles. I understand that's what him as well as his record company believe to be his strength but someone with an average exposure to pop music (i.e. mainly chart music) would believe he is this happy chap writing 'fun' if not funny songs.

Never mind the lyrics, WAG also sounds like a happy and empowering song for youngsters, so no change in 'style' there, either, IMO. :dunno:

I'd say Gang Bang is quite probably a typical Mika song.

yes, I imagine it to be totally his style, juxtaposing the lyrics and the music with William Orbit bringing the sound to perfection.

Edited by suzie

Oh Marilyn I still think Toy Boy is not approaching you're gonna die like a bitch. It all seems too "direct" to be Mika. He likes to dress his themes up in more palatable packages. I mean he usually says things like "give her a dollar and she'll make you smile" and not "she's practically giving away bjs on the side of the freeway because she's an old clapped out 'ho" :naughty:

Which is not to say he can't write a song like this but I would be surprised if he'd ever put it on his album.

Oh Marilyn I still think Toy Boy is not approaching you're gonna die like a bitch. It all seems too "direct" to be Mika. He likes to dress his themes up in more palatable packages. I mean he usually says things like "give her a dollar and she'll make you smile" and not "she's practically giving away bjs on the side of the freeway because she's an old clapped out 'ho" :naughty:

Which is not to say he can't write a song like this but I would be surprised if he'd ever put it on his album.

this cracked me up :lmfao:

I mean he usually says things like "give her a dollar and she'll make you smile" and not "she's practically giving away bjs on the side of the freeway because she's an old clapped out 'ho" :naughty:

I actually think that part of the lyric is Jodi Marr's input. :teehee:

it's the "gonna go and get what's mine" that sounds to me more like Mika :naughty:

PS: the lyrics may have completely be re-written by / for Madonna but the idea could be his, I guess. :dunno:

Edited by suzie

I actually think that part of the lyric is Jodi Marr's input. :teehee:

Yes I mean who knows what Mika is writing off the top of his head, but is die like a bitch really a lyric that's going to make it onto one of his records?