2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Silly lyrics, if you ask me....

I thought the same. But then again it's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish, so... :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway Priscilla Renea seems to have had a large hand in this so it's still hard to tell what's Mika and what isn't.

totally different meaning of the lyrics. Gang Bang is now a killer song, Bang Bang was more suicidal and dark. I don´t like Gang Bang.

Milda, where did you find the lyrics of both songs?

It's from Madonna's site/fan club (not sure what exactly it is :teehee:). Press on the song title, there's a link to the source :wink2:

I thought the same. But then again it's another reason why you shouldn't eat fish, so... :mf_rosetinted:

Anyway Priscilla Renea seems to have had a large hand in this so it's still hard to tell what's Mika and what isn't.

Yep, that Priscilla doesn't convince me...:sneaky2:

I wouldn't really use the word 'silly' even if one may not like the way it is written. The silly one is EMD, this one definitely sounds honest to me. :dunno:

it's interesting that, what's considered meaningful by some people, may appear silly to others and vice versa :wink2:

I find many lyrics are a bit silly outside the context of the song itself (the melody, the rhythm, the phrasing). Sometimes I don't even recognize them when I see them in writing, even though I can sing along with the song.

I find many lyrics are a bit silly outside the context of the song itself (the melody, the rhythm, the phrasing).

Yes, the context of the song is an essential part of how a song is perceived. If the 'light' lyrics are combined with idiotic sounds, for example, you are more likely to feel it is just a silly song. I'd actually refer to the lyrics to BB as melodramatic (not to the extent of BIOTW though :teehee:) but since I have heard Madonna's take on the song already, the arrangement makes me think that these are dark and angry words.

it's interesting that, what's considered meaningful by some people, may appear silly to others and vice versa :wink2:

As far as I consider, silly lyrics can be meaningful, too. it's just that they don't touch me. This one does.

Edited by suzie

Yes, the context of the song is an essential part of how a song is perceived. If the 'light' lyrics are combined with idiotic sounds, for example, you are more likely to feel it is just a silly song. I'd actually refer to the lyrics to BB as melodramatic (not to the extent of BIOTW though :teehee:) but since I have heard Madonna's take on the song already, the arrangement makes me think that these are dark and angry words.

As far as I consider, silly lyrics can be meaningful, too. it's just that they don't touch me. This one does.

aw now I get what you mean by 'silly' :original:

Omg what a song! Just listened to it on Tumblr, Mika's going to get a lot of attention as a songwriter for this one for sure! :aah:

I hope he will, but at the same time I doubt it :naughty: How much attention did Jodi Mar got after Grace Kelly, or Dan Wilson after Someone Like You?..

how much Mika is actually left in "Gang bang"? I don´t think I like the song too much:blush-anim-cl:. not my cup of tea.

I hope mika will get some now attention as he´s been mentioned as a songwriter and stuff...

Thanks for finding the original lyrics Milda:flowers2:

They're so intense and full of emotion. Now I want to hear the original version (especially sung by Mika) more than ever, it must be absolutely brilliant.

Edited by Louiza

The original lyrics sounds very emotional, would be fantastic to hear it some day (by Mika). The final version is very different, more provocative, more Madonna, but people seem to like it. I hope it will make Mika's name better known.

I hope he will, but at the same time I doubt it :naughty: How much attention did Jodi Mar got after Grace Kelly, or Dan Wilson after Someone Like You?..

I think they both have been acknowledged as writers and received better or more offers after their involvement in the creation of some great songs. However, the two examples are different as Jodi Marr was only one of the 4 songwriters in the credits, Dan Wilson is basically the songwriter of Someone like you with Adele. Also, the latter song was a huge hit in the US, not to mention the awards Adele received for the album. So perhaps Dan got more attention as a songwriter but Jodi seems to have benefited as well from her work on LICM :dunno:

Omg what a song! Just listened to it on Tumblr, Mika's going to get a lot of attention as a songwriter for this one for sure! :aah:

This is what I want! Ppl need to realise how brilliant he is and stop puttting him down. This, coming before his own album, is the best publicity he could get!

I think they both have been acknowledged as writers and received better or more offers after their involvement in the creation of some great songs. However, the two examples are different as Jodi Marr was only one of the 4 songwriters in the credits, Dan Wilson is basically the songwriter of Someone like you with Adele. Also, the latter song was a huge hit in the US, not to mention the awards Adele received for the album. So perhaps Dan got more attention as a songwriter but Jodi seems to have benefited as well from her work on LICM :dunno:

That's true. D.Wilson and J.Marr were only examples and the fact that I don't know much about them/their work, kinda explains what I wanted to say. That is, I don't think Mika will get too much attention from the general public. He might be recognized as a brilliant songwriter in the music industry and perhaps will get more offers to write songs for other, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will be interested in his own work. Just like I'm not interested in Jodi or Dan, unless they're working with Mika :pinkbow:

Except for the ending which is a bit OTT I really like this song. The sample sounded a bit mediocre but this is definitely the best Madonna song I've heard in over a decade.

I would love to hear Mika's version too although Madonna is not a great singer so I think what they've done with it works for her. The original lyrics are better though. I don't see the point in being OTT just for the sake of it. We got your "controversial" thing in the 80s Madonna, you can stop now. :naughty:

He might be recognized as a brilliant songwriter in the music industry and perhaps will get more offers to write songs for other, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will be interested in his own work.

I think it helps him a lot to be critically acclaimed by his peers and others in the music industry/media though. It will keep opening doors for him and maybe one day get him on the radio in the US. Then the public can finally make their own judgement.

He might be recognized as a brilliant songwriter in the music industry and perhaps will get more offers to write songs for other, but that doesn't necessarily mean people will be interested in his own work.

I think it helps him a lot to be critically acclaimed by his peers and others in the music industry/media though. It will keep opening doors for him and maybe one day get him on the radio in the US. Then the public can finally make their own judgement.

I agree with your points that it is mainly the industry Mika can expect more recognition from after this collaboration. That is really important though as decision makers in the media also need to ackowledge him so that he could finally get more airplay, better reviews and perhaps his talent won't be played down to the extent it is done at the moment.

In a way, people who worked with him in the production of the new album also grant him similar credibility, so let's see what happens.