2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Yes I mean who knows what Mika is writing off the top of his head, but is die like a bitch really a lyric that's going to make it onto one of his records?

If so it would be time for me to move on, really :naughty:

Oh Marilyn I still think Toy Boy is not approaching you're gonna die like a bitch. It all seems too "direct" to be Mika. He likes to dress his themes up in more palatable packages. I mean he usually says things like "give her a dollar and she'll make you smile" and not "she's practically giving away bjs on the side of the freeway because she's an old clapped out 'ho" :naughty:

Which is not to say he can't write a song like this but I would be surprised if he'd ever put it on his album.

Well yes, I agree that GB is more OTT than the songs on his albums so far, but it's for someone else's album, not his own, so maybe he feels able to try out some more controversial stuff.

I agree also with the comment about WAG being an empowering song. I love it, even though I'm in my fifties.

I can't wait to hear GB now.

Here's a review from the Guardian.

Gang Bang

Madonna in playful mode. Big throbbing industrial-tinged beats, spoken word verses, no real chorus, just a ridiculous collection of sound effects (police sirens, gunshots) and imposing menace that's actually pretty fun in a kind of slightly unhinged way. Gang Bang recalls her American Life album in its slightly uneasy marrying of genres, with a sudden dubstep breakdown its most obvious detour. Lyrically it's a twisted revenge fantasy rather than a sordid romp, closing with the line: "If you're going to drive like a bitch then you're going to die like a bitch."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2012/mar/07/first-listen-madonna-mdna

It sounds like there is very little melody in this song. I don't get it :naughty:

2 GANG BANG

This throbbing electro mood piece is the album’s true opening number whose SFX-laden backing rises subtly throughout the song’s duration, taking in monotone, thudding robotic voices, a line about keeping enemies close, and a chorus of “bang bang shot you dead shot my lover in the head”. “I made a decision I would never look back,” Madonna sings at one point. “So how did I end up with one eyed jack?” The track is strewn with sound effects of gunshots, spent cartridges hitting the floor, wailing sirens, police radios, and cars whizzing past, with a bowel-emptyingly seismic dubstep breakdown in which Madonna drawls: “You have to die for me baby… How could I move on with my life if you didn’t die for me baby? If you didn’t die for me baby?” And then it crashes back in for some more chorus. And then it breaks down for a pulsating, sparse-sounding spoken word middle eight. It all gets quite camp and silly at this point. “My love is dead and I have no regrets,” Madonna screams. “He deserved it. And I’m going straight to hell. And I gotta lot of friends there. And if I see that bitch in hell, I’m gonna shoot him in the head again. Cos I wanna see him die over and over and over and OVER AND OVER NOW DRIVE BITCH, I SAID DRIVE BITCH. And while you’re at it DIE BITCH. That’s right, drive, bitch.” It’s over the top – it’s slightly reminiscent of the hyperreal feel of ‘Natural Born Killers’ – and amazing.

MELODY: 3

LYRICS: 7

SOUND: 9

CLUB APPEAL: 9

MADONNAFACTOR: 8

Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67150102.html#ixzz1oXpIexWw

Gang Bang

Let's get dirty and keep it mucky throughout. A stripped back filthy electro beat makes you want to get down. It's different to anything she's ever done. I especially liked the ending where she sings in a Human Nature stylee: “If you're gonna act like a bitch, then you're gonna die like a bitch.” And a shotgun noise kicks off. Boom.

A very dark deep house track with a little dubstep interlude dealing with murdering your lover and going to hell for it. It has Quentin Tarentino’s amazing “Death Proof” movie written all over it. William Orbit and the Demolition Crew did a tremendous job on this song which is partly spoken. Oddly there’s something sexy in this track as if it was inspired by the Erotica era. Think “Goodbye to Innocence” meets “Thief of Hearts” but way more edgy. “Bang Bang shot you dead. Shot my lover in the head… Now my lover is dead and I have no regrets.” Madonna ends the song with “Now if you’re gonna act like bitch, you’re gonna die like a bitch.”

A favorite.

Despite an unfortunate title that younger fans would be advised not to google, this is not (thankfully) some brutal sex romp. Rather, the title is a misguided attempt to distinguish itself from Sixties pop classic Bang Bang, from which Madonna borrows the central image of murdering a paramour: “Bang bang, shot you dead / Shot my lover in the head”. Sparse and atmospheric, with a stripped back electrobeat and low, drawling vocal, buoyed by bursts of sub-bass and developing into a solid techno groove, its one of the album’s odder and most interesting tracks, only sullied by Madonna’s dedication to leaving no lyrical cliché unturned. She is a fish out of water, a bat out of hell, apparently.

http://themadgestycollection.blogspot.com/2012/03/ultimate-mdna-review.html

Woah.

'Maybe that wasn't your thing before …

but it sure as hell is going to be now!

Whoop, whoop!

Another snippet from one of the track off of Madonna's new album has been leaked

and it is wicked sexy and funky! The kind of jam you'd throw on when you're feeling diiiiiiiiirty!

Check out the video (above) to have a sneak peek listen to the MDNA track, Gang Bang!

You feel filthy just saying it's name! Ha!' -- PEREZ!

'Maybe that wasn't your thing before …

but it sure as hell is going to be now!

Whoop, whoop!

Another snippet from one of the track off of Madonna's new album has been leaked

and it is wicked sexy and funky! The kind of jam you'd throw on when you're feeling diiiiiiiiirty!

Check out the video (above) to have a sneak peek listen to the MDNA track, Gang Bang!

You feel filthy just saying it's name! Ha!' -- PEREZ!

Put it on when you're feeling diiiiiiirty? I wouldn't. I'd put it on if I was feeling... criminal?

Oh thanks Alice. I was just looking for this which is why I kept coming up with reviews :naughty:

I just had a feeling that Mika would not be recognizable in this song. :dunno:

So I guess we wait for the AAR where we can hopefully hear his vocals. :naughty:

I see a few familiar names..

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6662

The impressive "Gang Bang" is the third MDNA track to be previewed by Madonna.com ahead of the March 26 album release.

On the authorial side, MadonnaTribe can share for the very first time the names of the seven different writers who contributed to the song.

They are: Madonna, William Orbit, Mika, Jean Baptiste, Keith Harris, Priscilla Renea, Doun Juan Demarco and Stephen Kozmeniuk.

"Gang Bang" is produced by The Demolition Crew, Madonna, and William Orbit.

I see a few familiar names..

http://www.madonnatribe.com/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6662

The impressive "Gang Bang" is the third MDNA track to be previewed by Madonna.com ahead of the March 26 album release.

On the authorial side, MadonnaTribe can share for the very first time the names of the seven different writers who contributed to the song.

They are: Madonna, William Orbit, Mika, Jean Baptiste, Keith Harris, Priscilla Renea, Doun Juan Demarco and Stephen Kozmeniuk.

"Gang Bang" is produced by The Demolition Crew, Madonna, and William Orbit.

Keith Harris?

Was Orville involved?:roftl: