2012 - Mika Co-Writes on New Madonna Album

Christine

Wow! Thanks for the links! I really like this song, and can imagine it

becoming HUGE in the clubs. How exciting for Mika! :wub2:

I agree with your points that it is mainly the industry Mika can expect more recognition from after this collaboration. That is really important though as decision makers in the media also need to ackowledge him so that he could finally get more airplay, better reviews and perhaps his talent won't be played down to the extent it is done at the moment.

In a way, people who worked with him in the production of the new album also grant him similar credibility, so let's see what happens.

Yes, I think being tied to Madonna in this way can only be a good thing, and

will get Mika some well-deserved attention. Yay! Finally! :yay:

Although dance music isn't my genre, I don't like Madonna 'style', which is too extreme to me, nor I like the last version of the lyrics, I must admit that the track has got a very catchy beat: I've listened to it just a couple of times and I keep on humming it in my head :aah:

I guess, It'll become a great hit

Would love to know, what is by Mika in it and of course to listen to him singing the original version :wub2:

Wow! Thanks for the links! I really like this song, and can imagine it

becoming HUGE in the clubs. How exciting for Mika! :wub2:

You're welcome! Right,it is a great song for the clubs,that's what I was thinking too when I heard it last night.And so many positive comments on twitter,I was impressed :wub2:

And so many positive comments on twitter,I was impressed :wub2:

I saw people raving about it in some Madonna forums as well. And these were the same people who were moaning that her two singles are crap. People seem to be dividing the songs on the album into favourite/okay/not good and everyone is putting Gang Bang in their favourites.

I haven't listened to the rest of the album but I don't like the singles either and I think this song is really up there with Ray of Light.

Is there another single besides Hey Mickey? :teehee:

They keep playing that one over here. :rolls_eyes:

Yes apparently they've just announced a 4th single. How they can have 4 singles on an album that hasn't even been released yet, I don't know :dunno:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/madonna-guy-ritchie-i-dont-give-a-mdna-302062

Yes apparently they've just announced a 4th single. How they can have 4 singles on an album that hasn't even been released yet, I don't know :dunno:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/madonna-guy-ritchie-i-dont-give-a-mdna-302062

Mika's got a lot of catching-up to do!

Give us a single Mika! Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaase! *Begs like Melachi*

Guardian's review

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/music/2012/mar/22/madonna-mdna-review

Considering how they commented this album, Gang Bang's "not bad" is not bad:naughty:

On the other hand, Gang Bang (not, alas, a cover of the song performed by Agadoo hitmakers Black Lace in Rita, Sue and Bob Too) isn't a bad track: augmented by a dubstep interlude, its atmosphere somewhere between brooding menace and the trance-state of a dancefloor at 4am. But it's way too long, extended largely in order for Madonna to say "bitch" a lot.

Madonna MDNA Day ‏ @MadonnaMDNAday

Someone please tell Quentin Tarantino I want him to direct a video for "Gang Bang"

He already did. When it was called Kill Bill. :roftl:

That was pretty cool that she was doing a Q&A last night. I had seen a bunch of mentions about that account because one of my friends is a massive Madonna fan and he has been tweeting Madonna stuff none stop for the past month so I thought it was the account of a fan site that was reporting news (like MFC). But then Perez started going nuts and she and Bieber were talking to each other so then I realized it was really Madonna. She took to it so easily. All these snappy funny answers. Her fans must have thought they'd died and gone to heaven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@WilliamOrbit tweets

https://twitter.com/#!/WilliamOrbit/status/202319658706145280

Not happy that 'Bang Bang Boom' leaked (version with Madonna vocals, not the Priscilla vocals)... And I know who did it

Madonna - Bang Bang Boom (Demo by Mika)

''I should've known

When we met at the late show

You and me, dangerous

Sittin' way too close

2am, at my door

Where you dropped me off

Tell me how in the hell

Did I end up with my hand on the barrell

It's time that you paid

I want you to clean up the mess that you made

Like a bitch out of water

Like a bat out of hell

Like a fish out of water

I'm scared, can't you tell

Bang Bang

Put my gun down on the table

Before you try to blow my mind

I used to think it was you

Who was so unstable

But now I'm sure I'm close behind

B-B-Bang

B-B-Bang Bang Boom

I thought you were good

You painted me bad

Compared to the others

The best thing I had

But then I discovered

It couldn't get worse

You're buildin' my coffin

You're drivin' the hearse

I thought it was you

I loved you the most

But I was just keepin'

My enemies close

I made a decision to never look back

So how did you end up with all of my jack

Woh-oh-oh

Bang Bang

I should've known

You were too good to be true

You were hidin' both your horns

And I was such a fool

It's not a race

Wasn't trying to beat you

Trip me up, shut me down

When I was with you

Like a bitch out of water

Like a bat out of hell

Like a fish out of water

I'm scared, can't you tell

Bang Bang

Put my gun down on the table

Before you try to blow my mind

I used to think it was you

Who was so unstable

But now I'm sure I'm close behind

B-B-Bang

B-B-Bang Bang Boom

I thought you were good

You painted me bad

Compared to the others

The best thing I had

But then I discovered

It couldn't get worse

You're buildin' my coffin

You're drivin' the hearse

I thought it was you

I loved you the most

But I was just keepin'

My enemies close

I made a decision I had to employ

So how did you end up with all of my toys

I'm not your brother, not your lover

And I'm not your friend

Now that it's over you're another

Kind of different

A new person

Your time is up

And that's my blood in your dixie cup''

http://www.news-of-madonna.com/article-madonna-bang-bang-boom-demo-by-mika-105183405.html

[YOUTUBE]jc_Z3iSpu54[/YOUTUBE]

The original demo must have been really good and that witch has ruined it.

I doubt the 'witch' had much to do with the new version: it was other producers (with the likes of W.Orbit) and writers who worked on the one that ended up on the record. The one posted above is not the 'original song', either, because of the mixing, and if you ask me, the production totally sounds like M.I.A.'s Paper Planes :roftl:

W. Orbit was also talking about the original demo by Priscilla Renea (that's the one Mika was involved in) - hope one of you will find it somewhere and post it here as I'd like to listen to that one :teehee:

I doubt the 'witch' had much to do with the new version: it was other producers (with the likes of W.Orbit) and writers who worked on the one that ended up on the record. This is not the 'original', either, and if you ask me, the production totally sounds like M.I.A.'s Paper Planes :roftl:

W. Orbit was also talking about the original demo by Priscilla Renea (that's the one Mika was involved in) - hope one of you will find it somewhere and post it here as I'd like to listen to that one :teehee:

Yes. I never thought this is the original demo because it sounds like a bad quality second hand recording and I read William Orbit's tweet about Priscilla's vocals on twitter and in Eriko's post. However, there is the original demo somewhere and just a tiny glimpse of even this version makes me think it must be good.

I don't think Madonna has much to do with any of these versions, I just enjoyed using the word "witch" (which she probably would see as a compliment) :teehee:

Darn! I got all excited when I saw William's tweet, thinking it was Mika's demo version with him singing (if it exists), then I heard this :sad:

I know, I wonder if there is any version with Mika singing after he (WO) tweeted about Priscilla's vocals. Probably no use to hope for it, but would love to hear the original anyway.